- Psychoanalytic and cognitive-behavior therapy of chronic depression: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialManfred E Beutel
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Trials 13:117. 2012..Our study is the first to determine the effectiveness of controlled long-term psychodynamic and cognitive-behavioral (CBT) treatments and to assess the effects of preferential vs. randomized assessment...
- [Psychotherapy for bipolar disorder : a systematic review of controlled studies]M Hautzinger
Abteilung Klinische und Entwicklungspsychologie, Psychologisches Institut, Eberhard Karls Universitat, Christophstrasse 2, 72072 Tubingen
Nervenarzt 78:1248-60. 2007..71). Open questions are: indicators and predictors of successful outcome, length and intensity of treatment, essential elements of helpful intervention, long-term follow-up, and prevention of bipolar disorders in high-risk groups...
- [Psychotherapy of depression]M Hautzinger
Psychologisches Institut, Abteilung Klinische und Entwicklungspsychologie, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Christophstrasse 2, Tubingen, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 51:422-9. 2008..Based on available outcome studies, 14 up-to-date treatment recommendations conclude this presentation...
- Ketamine aggravates symptoms of acute stress disorder in a naturalistic sample of accident victimsM Schönenberg
Department of Clinical and Developmental Psychology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Psychopharmacol 22:493-7. 2008..Growing evidence exists that ketamine might modulate or aggravate early post-traumatic stress reactions when given in the acute trauma phase, which in turn might contribute to long-lasting symptomatology...
- A new quality-of-life measure for men experiencing involuntary childlessnessS Schanz
Department of Dermatology, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
Hum Reprod 20:2858-65. 2005..In this article, we report on the development and validation of the TLMK (Tübinger Lebensqualitätsfragebogen für Männer mit Kinderwunsch), an instrument for measuring quality-of-life in male patients with involuntary childlessness...
- [Cognitive behavioral therapy for depressed older outpatients--a controlled, randomized trial]M Hautzinger
Eberhard Karls Univesität, Psychologisches Institut, Abteilung Klinische und Entwicklungspsychologie, Christophstrasse 2, 72072 Tubingen, Germany
Z Gerontol Geriatr 37:427-35. 2004..It is expected that cognitive behavior therapy is more efficient in reducing depressive symptoms than the control group at post-treatment as well as at follow-up...
- Two-year stability of Psychosis Proneness Scales and their relations to personality disorder traitsT D Meyer
Department of Clinical Psychology, University of Mainz
J Pers Assess 73:472-88. 1999..This suggests that MI may allow for a more specific assessment of psychosis proneness than PER...
- [Combination treatment with SSRI and cognitive behavior therapy for relapse prevention of alcohol-dependent men. Results of a randomized, controlled multicenter therapeutic study]M Hautzinger
Psychologisches Institut, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen
Nervenarzt 76:295-307. 2005....
- [Cognitive behavioral therapy as supplement to pharmacotherapy of manic depressive disorders. What is the empirical basis?]T D Meyer
Psychologisches Institut, Abteilung für Klinische und Physiologische Psychologie, Universitat Tubingen
Nervenarzt 73:620-8. 2002..However, there remain many questions to be answered, e.g., if there are differential effects on the course of manic and depressive symptoms and how stable the results will be in the long run...
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis reactivity to psychological stress and memory in middle-aged women: high responders exhibit enhanced declarative memory performanceG Domes
Department of Clinical and Physiological Psychology, University of Tuebingen, Christophstrasse 2, 72072 Tuebingen, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 27:843-53. 2002..The results suggest that stress-induced cortisol failed to impair memory performance. The results are discussed with respect to gender-specific effects and modulatory effects of the sympathetic nervous system and psychological variables...
- [Premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Recommendation for diagnosis of a distinct affective clinical picture]B Schwärzler
Eberhard Karls Universitat, Psychologisches Institut, Abteilung für Klinische und Physiologische Psychologie, Christophstrasse 2, 72072 Tubingen
Nervenarzt 73:65-70. 2002..Following this procedure, the disorder could be verified in 4% of the original sample, which replicates the prevalence rate found in the literature...
- Hypomanic personality, social anhedonia and impulsive nonconformity: evidence for familial aggregation?T D Meyer
Eberhard Karls Universitaet, Psychologisches Institut, University of Tuebingen, Germany
J Pers Disord 15:281-99. 2001..14 and 0.18, respectively) between family members emerged. The results support the validity of the HYP, SA, and IMP Scale. It is discussed whether HYP and IMP represent different aspects of a shared latent liability...
- [Reliability and validity of the Revised Beck Depression Inventory (BDI-II). Results from German samples]C Kuhner
Abteilung Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie, Universitatsklinikum Ulm
Nervenarzt 78:651-6. 2007..The Beck Depression Inventory (BDI) underwent revision in 1996 (BDI-II) with the goal of addressing DSM-IV depression criteria. The present study assessed psychometric properties of the German version of the BDI-II...
- [Depression in Parkinson's disease. Assessment and treatment]S Brand
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Aachen, RWTH Aachen, 52074 Aachen
Nervenarzt 78:715-27; quiz 728. 2007..A survey of current treatment options is provided: pharmacological, somatic, and psychological approaches are introduced and evaluated with respect to effectiveness in this special group of patients...
- Reliability and validity of the form 90 interviewA Scheurich
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Eur Addict Res 11:50-6. 2005..Alcohol consumption is a central variable in substance abuse research and treatment. The study reports the psychometric characteristics of the German version of the Form 90 interview for the assessment of recent alcohol consumption...
- Neuropsychological status of alcohol-dependent patients: increased performance through goal-setting instructionsA Scheurich
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mainz, Mainz, Psychiatric Hospital Eichberg, Eltville, Germany
Alcohol Alcohol 39:119-25. 2004..The effects of goal-setting instructions on neuropsychological performance of alcohol-dependent patients and control subjects were assessed...
- [Psychiatric comorbidity in risk groups of opioid addiction: a comparison between opioid dependent and non-opioid dependent prisoners (in jail due to the German narcotics law)]P Franke
Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie der Universität Bonn
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 71:37-44. 2003..In general, the sample of prisoners investigated here, was characterized by a high frequency of psychiatric disorders including substance dependence...