Affiliation: Hannover Medical School
- Outcome after radioiodine therapy in 107 patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma and initial bone metastases: side-effects and influence of ageT Petrich
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hannover University Medical School, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med 28:203-8. 2001....
- In vitro experimental (211)At-anti-CD33 antibody therapy of leukaemia cells overcomes cellular resistance seen in vivo against gemtuzumab ozogamicinThorsten Petrich
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hanover University School of Medicine, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625, Hanover, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:851-61. 2010..Alpha particle-emitting radionuclides overwhelm such anti-apoptotic mechanisms by producing numerous DNA double-stranded breaks (DSBs) accompanied by decreased DNA repair...
- Functional activity of human sodium/iodide symporter in tumor cell linesT Petrich
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Nuklearmedizin 42:15-8. 2003..In this study we evaluated the functionality of NIS with respect to iodide uptake in a panel of tumor cell lines and compared this to gene transfer efficiency...
- Influence of rhTSH on [(18)F]fluorodeoxyglucose uptake by differentiated thyroid carcinomaT Petrich
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 29:641-7. 2002..These results provide the first direct evidence that TSH stimulates FDG uptake by differentiated thyroid carcinoma and that, therefore, FDG-PET is more accurate under rhTSH than under suppression...
- Lesion dose in differentiated thyroid carcinoma metastases after rhTSH or thyroid hormone withdrawal: 124I PET/CT dosimetric comparisonsLutz Stefan Freudenberg
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122, Essen, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:2267-76. 2010....
- Effective cancer therapy with the alpha-particle emitter [211At]astatine in a mouse model of genetically modified sodium/iodide symporter-expressing tumorsThorsten Petrich
Klinik für Nuklearmedizin, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hanover, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 12:1342-8. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate in vivo effects of the high linear energy transfer (LET) emitter (211)At on tumor growth and outcome in nude mice...
- Establishment of radioactive astatine and iodine uptake in cancer cell lines expressing the human sodium/iodide symporterT Petrich
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 29:842-54. 2002..Application of (211)At may direct higher radiation doses to experimental tumours than those calculated for (131)I. Thus, (211)At may represent a promising alternative radionuclide for future NIS-based tumour therapy...
- Monitoring isotretinoin therapy in thyroid cancer using 18F-FDG PETA R Boerner
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 29:231-6. 2002..In conclusion, these data indicate that 18F-FDG PET is a useful tool for the evaluation and monitoring of adjuvant therapy with 13-cis-RA in thyroid cancer...
- Thyroid remnant dose: 124I-PET/CT dosimetric comparison of rhTSH versus thyroid hormone withholding before radioiodine remnant ablation in differentiated thyroid cancerL S Freudenberg
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 118:393-9. 2010..Knowledge of comparative remnant radioiodine kinetics, particularly the remnant radiation dose in Gy/GBq of administered (131)I activity (RDpA), could assist in choosing rhTSH-aided ablative activities...
- Oncofoetal fibronectin--a tumour-specific marker in detecting minimal residual disease in differentiated thyroid carcinomaE Hesse
Clinical Chemistry, Hannover University Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Br J Cancer 93:565-70. 2005..We propose that real-time RT-PCR of onfFN mRNA is superior to other markers in monitoring minimal residual disease in DTC with regard to both assay sensitivity and specificity...
- Recombinant thyrotropin use in children and adolescents with differentiated thyroid cancer: a multicenter retrospective studyMarkus Luster
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Wurzburg, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3948-53. 2009..Although recombinant human TSH (rhTSH) is widely used in differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC) to aid diagnostic follow-up procedures and radioiodine thyroid remnant ablation, almost all clinical investigation was in adults...
- 124I-PET dosimetry in advanced differentiated thyroid cancer: therapeutic impactL S Freudenberg
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstr 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Nuklearmedizin 46:121-8. 2007..This study evaluated the impact of (124)I-positron emission tomography (PET) dosimetry on post-primary surgery therapy in radioiodine-naïve patients with advanced differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC)...
- Familial papillary thyroid carcinoma: genetics, criteria for diagnosis, clinical features, and surgical treatmentT J Musholt
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Hannover University Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
World J Surg 24:1409-17. 2000..Blood relatives of FPTC index patients who harbor MNG should undergo thorough and regular clinical screening. Suspicious lesions should prompt early surgical intervention...
- Pre-operative localisation of hyperfunctional parathyroid tissue with 11C-methionine PETD Otto
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hannover University Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:1405-12. 2004....
- [Follow-up of differentiated thyroid cancer patients using rhTSH--preliminary results]T Petrich
, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Deutschland
Nuklearmedizin 40:7-14. 2001..In about one third of patients hTg increased more than 30%. CONCLUSION: Our preliminary results indicate a sufficient feasibility and sensitivity of rhTSH not only in the follow-up by hTg and radioiodine scan but also in FDG-PET...
- Detection of multiple extracranial metastases from glioblastoma multiforme by means of whole-body [18F]FDG-PETM J Mirzayan
Department of Neurosurgery, Klinikum Hannover Nordstadt, Haltenhoffstrasse 41, 30167, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:853. 2005