- Anxiety and depression disorders in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertensionDominik Harzheim
Centre for Pulmonary Hypertension, Thoraxclinic University Hospital Heidelberg, Amalienstrasse 5, Heidelberg D 69126, Germany
Respir Res 14:104. 2013..The objective of this prospective study was to assess the prevalence of anxiety and depression disorders and their association with quality of life (QoL), clinical parameters and survival in patients with pulmonary hypertension (PH)...
- Exercise training in pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with connective tissue diseasesEkkehard Grunig
Centre for Pulmonary Hypertension at Thoraxclinic Heidelberg, Thoraxclinic at the University Hospital Heidelberg, Amalienstrasse 5, Heidelberg, 69126, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R148. 2012..The objective of this prospective study was to assess short- and long-term efficacy of exercise training (ET) as add-on to medical therapy in patients with connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension (CTD-APAH)...
- Exercise capacity affects quality of life in patients with pulmonary hypertensionMichael Halank
Department of Internal Medicine I, Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, Technical University of Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01309, Dresden, Germany
Lung 191:337-43. 2013....
- Long-term effects of intravenous iloprost in patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension deteriorating on non-parenteral therapyLars Knudsen
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hanover, Germany
BMC Pulm Med 11:56. 2011..If these treatments fail, current guidelines recommend the addition of parenteral prostanoid therapy. There is, however, limited evidence for the efficacy of parenteral prostanoids when added to combinations of non-parenteral therapies...
- Intimal pulmonary artery sarcoma presenting as severe dyspnea and right heart insufficiencyMichael Halank
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitätsklinikum an der TU Dresden, TU Dresden, Germany
Onkologie 33:313-6. 2010..Pulmonary artery sarcoma is a rare tumor with a poor prognosis...
- [Diffuse smooth muscle proliferation of the lung and severe pulmonary hypertension]M Halank
Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus der TU Dresden, Medizinische Klinik I
Pneumologie 59:867-71. 2005....
- Combination therapy for portopulmonary hypertension with intravenous iloprost and oral bosentanMichael Halank
Internal Medicine I, Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, TU Dresden, Germany
Wien Med Wochenschr 155:376-80. 2005..Thus, combination therapy with IV iloprost and oral bosentan might be a promising new option for selected patients suffering from PPHTN and recurrent right heart failure...
- Nocturnal oxygen desaturation is a frequent complication in portopulmonary hypertensionM Halank
Medizinische Klinik I, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden
Z Gastroenterol 46:1260-5. 2008..Nocturnal oxygen desaturations (NOS) are a common feature in patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension. In patients with portopulmonary hypertension (PPHT), the frequency, degree and potential causes of NOS are unknown...
- [Pulmonary veno-occlusive disease - a rare form of pulmonary arterial hypertension]M Halank
Bereich Pneumologie, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 133:S212-4. 2008..Treatment with medication approved for PAH may carry the risk of pulmonary edema. Currently the immediate listing for lung- or combined lung-heart-transplantation is recommended, once the diagnosis of PVOD has been established...
- [Pulmonary complications of liver cirrhosis: hepatopulmonary syndrome, portopulmonary hypertension and hepatic hydrothorax]M Halank
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus der TU Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307, Dresden, Deutschland
Internist (Berl) 51:255-63. 2010..In selected patients, beside intravenous prostanoids, oral endothelin receptor antagonists and phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitors are possible treatment options...
- [Portopulmonary hypertension]M Halank
Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus der TU Dresden, Medizinische Klinik I, Bereich Pneumologie, Dresden
Z Gastroenterol 43:677-85. 2005..Inhaled prostacyclin or its analogue iloprost or oral treatment with the endothelin-receptor antagonist bosentan may be promising alternatives which should be further investigated in randomized controlled trials...
- Severe pulmonary hypertension in chronic idiopathic myelofibrosisM Halank
Medizinische Klinik I, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Deutschland
Onkologie 27:472-4. 2004..Chronic myeloproliferative disorders (CMPD) seem to be associated with an increased risk for pulmonary hypertension (PH)...
- Long term survival in primary pulmonary hypertensionM Halank
University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Internal Medicine I, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Heart 90:e40. 2004....
- Successful switch from long-term intravenous iloprost to non-invasive combination therapy in idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertensionMichael Halank
Department of Internal Medicine I, Carl Gustav Carus University, Dresden, Germany
Wien Klin Wochenschr 118:54-9. 2006..These data suggest that selected patients with complications due to IV iloprost treatment can be safely switched to non-IV combination therapies...
- Prolactin and its 16-kDa N-terminal fragment: are higher in patients with precapillary pulmonary hypertension than in a healthy control groupUta Hönicke
Department of Pulmonology, University Hospital Dresden, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Tex Heart Inst J 39:44-50. 2012..These results indicate that prolactin and 16-kDa PRL might play a role in the pathophysiology of precapillary pulmonary hypertension...
- MR-proADM Predicts Exercise Capacity and Survival Superior to Other Biomarkers in PHMartin Kolditz
Division of Pulmonology, Medical Department I, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Lung 193:901-10. 2015....
- Portopulmonary hypertensionMichael Halank
Carl Gustav Carus University Dresden, Internal Medicine I, Fetscherstr 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Gastroenterol 41:837-47. 2006..Other agents such as beta-blockers seem to be harmful to patients with moderate to severe portopulmonary hypertension. Up-to-date, randomized, double-blind, controlled clinical trials are lacking and are needed urgently...
- Adrenal function is related to prognosis in moderate community-acquired pneumoniaM Kolditz
Dept of Pulmonology, Medical Clinic 1, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Fetscherstr 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Eur Respir J 36:615-21. 2010..Adrenal function is related to the prognosis of CAP. The diagnostic accuracy of serum cortisol equals that of the PSI score. Serum cortisol should be evaluated within clinical prediction scores on larger studies...
- [Acute pulmonary embolism]S Braun
Medizinische Klinik I Pneumologie, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 135:1803-14; quiz 1814-8. 2010..In haemodynamically stable patients sequential diagnostic workup and prompt therapeutic anticoagulation is recommended...
- [Hemoptysis because of pulmonary vein stenosis and occlusion after pulmonary vein isolation for atrial fibrillation]S Braun
Medizinische Klinik I Pneumologie, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus Dresden
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 136:626-30. 2011..After the PVA she had initially received oral anticoagulation, but this had been stopped because of the hemoptysis. Physical examination at admission to our hospital was unremarkable except for moderate obesity and arterial hypertension..
- L-arginine plasma levels and severity of idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertensionJ Beyer
University Clinic Dresden, Medical Clinic III, Dept of Vascular Medicine, Germany
Vasa 37:61-7. 2008..This study was performed to investigate possible correlations between the plasma levels of the NO-related aminoacids L-arginine, L-citrulline and N-hydroxy-L-arginine (L-NHA) and the severity of iPAH...
- [Twin pregnancy and severe obstructive sleep apnea]S Langner
Bereich Pneumologie, Medizinische Klinik I, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Germany
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 211:93-7. 2007..Possible explanations include the short treatment duration and existence of twin pregnancy...
- Localized pulmonary infection associated with Mycobacterium tilburgii in an HIV-infected patientM Kolditz
Dept of Pulmonology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Fetscherstr 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Infection 33:278-81. 2005..As it responds to antimycobacterial combination therapy, efforts to establish the diagnosis using PCR methods in patients with suspected pulmonary disease due to mycobacteria other than tuberculosis should be undertaken...
- High diagnostic accuracy of NT-proBNP for cardiac origin of pleural effusionsM Kolditz
Dept of Pulmonology, Medical Clinic I, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Fetscherstr 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Eur Respir J 28:144-50. 2006..Thus measuring N-terminal-pro-B-type natriuretic peptide is a valuable additional diagnostic tool for the detection or exclusion of cardiac origin of pleural effusions...
- Haemoptysis due to pulmonary venous stenosisSilke Braun
Medical Clinic I, Dept of Pneumology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany Dept of Radiology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany Dept of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany Medical Clinic III, ZIM Cardiology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Eur Respir Rev 23:170-9. 2014..Pulmonary venous stenosis should be considered in patients with haemoptysis...
- Early recurrence of Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia in two HIV-infected patients: linking infection relapse and immune reconstitution syndromeMartin Kolditz
Departments of Pulmonology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Respirology 14:910-2. 2009..Diagnostic and therapeutic approaches as well as the need to establish risk factors for infection recurrence or early immune reconstitution syndrome are highlighted...
- Fingolimod in a patient with heart failure on the background of pulmonary arterial hypertension and coronary artery diseaseKatja Thomas
Center of Clinical Neuroscience, Department of Neurology, Neurological University Clinic Dresden, University Clinic Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, University of Technology Dresden, Fetscherstr, 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
BMC Neurol 14:126. 2014..Despite extensive data on cardiovascular safety, experience with fingolimod in patients with concomitant cardiological disease, especially within the pulmonary circulation, is rare...
- Short-course antimicrobial therapy for community-acquired pneumoniaMartin Kolditz
Department of Pulmonology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Treat Respir Med 4:231-9. 2005..This article summarizes current evidence for short-course therapy in patients with CAP and draws conclusions for clinical practice...
- [Treatment of severe pneumonia--community-acquired and "early onset" nosocomial]Gert Höffken
Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden
Med Klin (Munich) 99:362-71. 2004..Because of the substantial mortality, particularly among the elderly or in patients with specific underlying diseases, it is essential that initial antimicrobial therapy covers the most likely causative organism(s)...
- [Parapneumonic effusion and pleural empyema - topical aspects of classification, diagnosis and treatment]M Kolditz
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden
Pneumologie 58:83-91. 2004..This overview summarizes the actual aspects of classification, diagnosis and treatment of the parapneumonic effusion and draws conclusions for the daily management of this condition...
- Use of oral endothelin-receptor antagonist bosentan in the treatment of portopulmonary hypertensionMichael Halank
Transplantation 77:1775-6. 2004
- Use of aerosolized inhaled iloprost in the treatment of portopulmonary hypertensionMichael Halank
J Gastroenterol 39:1222-3. 2004
- Clinical efficacy and survival with first-line inhaled iloprost therapy in patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertensionChristian F Opitz
Department of Cardiology, DRK Kliniken Berlin Westend, Spandauer Damm 130, 14050 Berlin, Germany
Eur Heart J 26:1895-902. 2005..To describe the long-term clinical efficacy of inhaled iloprost as first-line vasodilator mono-therapy in patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension (IPAH)...
- [Sildenafil in pulmonary hypertension]Ralf Ewert
Pneumologie 57:291; author reply 291-2; discussion 292. 2003
- Exercise and respiratory training improve exercise capacity and quality of life in patients with severe chronic pulmonary hypertensionDerliz Mereles
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Circulation 114:1482-9. 2006..The present study is the first prospective randomized study to evaluate the effects of exercise and respiratory training in patients with severe symptomatic PH...
- Continuous intravenous iloprost to revert treatment failure of first-line inhaled iloprost therapy in patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertensionRalf Ewert
Klinik für Innere Medizin B, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 96:211-7. 2007....
- Complications of right heart catheterization procedures in patients with pulmonary hypertension in experienced centersMarius M Hoeper
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2546-52. 2006..This study sought to assess the risks associated with right heart catheter procedures in patients with pulmonary hypertension...
- Impairment of respiratory muscle function in pulmonary hypertensionHans Joachim Kabitz
Department of Pneumology, University Hospital Freiburg, D 79106 Freiburg Germany
Clin Sci (Lond) 114:165-71. 2008..Furthermore, the 6-min walking distance is significantly linked to parameters assessing inspiratory muscle strength...