Affiliation: GSF-National Research Center for Environment and Health
- Immunodominance of lytic cycle antigens in Epstein-Barr virus-specific CD4+ T cell preparations for therapyDinesh Adhikary
Clinical Cooperation Group, Institute for Clinical and Molecular Biology, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Munich, Germany Children s Hospital, Hematology Oncology, University of Technology, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 2:e583. 2007..Although patients receiving T cell preparations with a higher CD4+ T cell proportion show better clinical responses, the specificity of the infused CD4+ component has remained completely unknown...
- Control of Epstein-Barr virus infection in vitro by T helper cells specific for virion glycoproteinsDinesh Adhikary
Clinical Cooperation Group, Institute for Clinical and Molecular Biology, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Technical University Munich, 80804 Munich, Germany
J Exp Med 203:995-1006. 2006..These findings have implications for the treatment of diseases associated with EBV and potentially other coated viruses infecting MHC class II-positive cells...
- Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 1 evades direct immune recognition by CD4+ T helper cellsJosef Mautner
Clinical Cooperation Group, Institute for Clinical and Molecular Biology, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Munich, Germany
Eur J Immunol 34:2500-9. 2004..These findings have important implications for the design of immunotherapeutic approaches to target EBV-positive malignancies...
- Tumor-specific CD4+ T cells from a patient with renal cell carcinoma recognize diverse shared antigensJosef Mautner
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Int J Cancer 115:752-9. 2005..These experiments show that a dual Th1/Th2, MHC class II-restricted T-helper-cell response against diverse shared tumor antigens has been elicited in this patient...
- Identification of major histocompatibility complex class II-restricted antigens and epitopes of the Epstein-Barr virus by a novel bacterial expression cloning approachSlavoljub Milosevic
Children s Hospital, Technical University Munich, Kolner Platz 1, D 80804 Munich, Germany
J Virol 80:10357-64. 2006..Using this approach, the BALF4 and BNRF1 proteins were identified as targets of the EBV-specific T-helper-cell response, demonstrating that lytic cycle antigens are a relevant component of the EBV-specific TH-cell response...
- Diverse CD8+ T-cell responses to renal cell carcinoma antigens in patients treated with an autologous granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor gene-transduced renal tumor cell vaccineXianzheng Zhou
Division of Immunology and Hematopoiesis, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 65:1079-88. 2005....
- Identification of MHC II-restricted minor histocompatibility antigens after HLA-identical stem-cell transplantationSlavoljub Milosevic
Clinical Cooperation Group, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Munich, Germany
Transplantation 90:1030-5. 2010..Thus, for increasing beneficial GVT and decreasing life-threatening GVHD responses, knowledge of the relevant mHags is required. Here, we sought to identify mHags recognized by CD4 T cells using a novel serologic approach...
- Direct mapping of MHC class II epitopesSlavoljub Milosevic
Clinical Cooperation Group, Children s Hospital, Hematology Oncology, Technical University Munich, Kolner Platz 1, D 80804 Munich, Germany
J Immunol Methods 306:28-39. 2005..Thus, this method not only facilitates the identification of T cell epitopes, but also makes it possible to assess the role of individual amino acids for MHC binding or T cell recognition...
- Major histocompatibility complex class II-restricted presentation of a cytosolic antigen by autophagyFalk Nimmerjahn
Klinische Kooperationsgruppe, GSF Institut für Klinische Molekularbiologie, Munich, Germany
Eur J Immunol 33:1250-9. 2003..These results identify endosomes/lysosomes as the processing compartment for cytosolic antigens and furthermore link endogenous antigen presentation on MHC class II with the process of cellular protein turnover by autophagy...
- Effective and long-term control of EBV PTLD after transfer of peptide-selected T cellsAndreas Moosmann
Clinical Cooperation Group Molecular Oncology, Helmholtz Zentrum München and Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Munich, Germany
Blood 115:2960-70. 2010..Thus, a rapid and sustained reconstitution of a protective EBV-specific T-cell memory occurred after the infusion of small numbers of directly isolated EBV-specific T cells...
- Targeting high-grade B cell lymphoma with CD19-specific T cellsFrank M Lehmann
Institute of Clinical Molecular Biology and Tumor Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Munich, Germany
Int J Cancer 135:1153-64. 2014..In conclusion, our data highlight CD19-specific CD4(+) T cells for adoptive T cell therapy of B cell lymphomas. ..
- Standardized and highly efficient expansion of Epstein-Barr virus-specific CD4+ T cells by using virus-like particlesDinesh Adhikary
Children s Hospital, University of Technology, Kolner Platz 1, D 80804 Munich, Germany
J Virol 82:3903-11. 2008..This strategy facilitated the specific and rapid expansion of EBV-specific CD4(+) T cells and, thus, might contribute to the development of standardized protocols for the generation of T-cell lines with improved clinical efficacy...
- The infectious kiss: newly infected B cells deliver Epstein-Barr virus to epithelial cellsGeorg W Bornkamm
Institute of Clinical Molecular Biology and Tumor Genetics, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Marchioninistrasse 25, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:7201-2. 2006
- The role of virus-specific CD4+ T cells in the control of Epstein-Barr virus infectionJosef Mautner
Clinical Cooperation Group, Pediatric Tumor Immunology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Marchioninistrasse 25, Munich, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 91:31-5. 2012..To this aim, we studied the poorly defined EBV-specific CD4+ T cell response during acute and chronic infection...
- Virus and autoantigen-specific CD4+ T cells are key effectors in a SCID mouse model of EBV-associated post-transplant lymphoproliferative disordersStefanie Linnerbauer
Clinical Cooperation Group Pediatric Tumor Immunology, Children s Hospital, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany Helmholtz Zentrum München, Munich, Germany German Centre for Infection Research DZIF, Munich, Germany
PLoS Pathog 10:e1004068. 2014..Moreover, the expression in several EBV-negative B-cell lymphoma cell lines implies that these putative autoantigen(s) might also qualify as targets for T-cell-based immunotherapy of virus-negative B cell malignancies. ..
- Efficient generation and expansion of antigen-specific CD4+ T cells by recombinant influenza virusesFalk Nimmerjahn
Klinische Kooperationsgruppe, Pädiatrische Tumorimmunologie, Kinderklinik, Universitätsklinikum der Technischen Universität München, Munchen, Germany
Eur J Immunol 33:3331-41. 2003..These findings support the notion that recombinant influenza virus is a valuable tool for the expansion of antigen-specific CD4(+) T cells in vitro...
- Active NF-kappaB signalling is a prerequisite for influenza virus infectionFalk Nimmerjahn
Klinische Kooperationsgruppe, Pädiatrische Tumorimmunologie, Kinderklinik, Universitätsklinikum der Technischen Universität München, Marchioninistr 25, D 81377 Munchen, Germany
J Gen Virol 85:2347-56. 2004..These results might be of major importance for both the development of new antiviral therapies and the understanding of influenza virus biology...
- Stringent doxycycline-dependent control of gene activities using an episomal one-vector systemGeorg W Bornkamm
GSF Institut für Klinische Molekularbiologie und Tumorgenetik, Marchioninistrasse 25, D 81377 Munchen, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 33:e137. 2005..Tight down regulation is achieved through binding of the silencer tTS(KRAB) to P(tet)bi-1 in the absence of Dox. Addition of Dox releases repression and via binding of rtTA2(S)-M2 activates P(tet)bi-1...
- Presentation of an immunodominant immediate-early CD8+ T cell epitope resists human cytomegalovirus immunoevasionStefanie Ameres
Clinical Cooperation Group Immunooncology, Department of Medicine III, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Munich, Germany
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003383. 2013..Our work identifies a T cell population that may be of particular efficiency in HCMV-specific immunotherapy...
- Humanized c-Myc mouseFrank M Lehmann
Institute of Clinical Molecular Biology and Tumor Genetics, Helmholtz Center Munich, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e42021. 2012..The aim of this work is to provide such a mouse strain for the human proto-oncogene product c-MYC...
- Epstein-Barr viral miRNAs inhibit antiviral CD4+ T cell responses targeting IL-12 and peptide processingTakanobu Tagawa
Research Unit Gene Vectors, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Partner Site Munich, Germany, D 81377 Munich, Germany German Centre for Infection Research DZIF, Partner Site Munich, Germany, D 81377 Munich, Germany
J Exp Med 213:2065-80. 2016....
- Polyubiquitination of lysine-48 is an essential but indirect signal for MHC class I antigen processingBenjamin M Fiebiger
Clinical Cooperation Group Pediatric Tumor Immunology, Children s Hospital, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany Helmholtz ZentrumMünchen, Munich, Germany German Centre for Infection Research DZIF, Germany
Eur J Immunol 45:716-27. 2015..Altogether, these findings show an important but indirect role of K48-polyubiquitination in preproteasomal antigen sampling. ..
- Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 2A mimics B-cell receptor-dependent virus reactivationEveline Schaadt
GSF Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute for Clinical Molecular Biology and Tumor Genetics, Marchioninistrasse 25, D 81377 Munich, Germany
J Gen Virol 86:551-9. 2005..Our data reinforce the notion that LMP2A is a functional homologue of the B-cell receptor, not only with respect to B-cell survival but also with respect to regulation of the lytic cycle...
- MYC overexpression imposes a nonimmunogenic phenotype on Epstein-Barr virus-infected B cellsMartin S Staege
Institut für Klinische Molekularbiologie und Tumorgenetik, GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Marchioninistrasse 25, D 81377 Munchen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:4550-5. 2002..Deregulation of c-myc, a step central to the development of uncontrolled BL cell growth in vivo, can thus impose a nonimmunogenic phenotype on proliferating human B cells in the absence of any immune pressure...
- Endogenous presentation of a nuclear antigen on MHC class II by autophagy in the absence of CRM1-mediated nuclear exportAlexander Riedel
Klinische Kooperationsgruppe, GSF Institut für Klinische Molekularbiologie und Tumorgenetik, Munchen, Germany
Eur J Immunol 38:2090-5. 2008..Thus, this endogenous presentation pathway broadens the spectrum of intracellular antigens surveyed by CD4(+) T cells by efficiently sampling cytoplasmic as well as nuclear antigens...
- Novel tumor antigens identified by autologous antibody screening of childhood medulloblastoma cDNA librariesUta Behrends
Kinderklinik, Hämatologie Onkologie, Technische Universitat, Munchen, Germany
Int J Cancer 106:244-51. 2003..These findings indicate that the humoral immune response against medulloblastoma is directed against diverse antigens that may be useful as diagnostic markers or targets for immunotherapy...