Haralampos T Gouveris
- Short-term hearing results after primary stapedotomy with nitinol and teflon-platinum prostheses for otosclerosisHaralampos Gouveris
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Mainz Medical School, Langenbeckstr 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 270:2201-5. 2013..Use of the teflon-platinum prosthesis results in statistically non-significant better ABG closure at 0.25-4 kHz 1 year postoperatively than the use of the nitinol prosthesis...
- Treatment for adult idiopathic and Wegener-associated subglottic stenosisHaralampos Gouveris
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Mainz Medical Center, Langenbeckstr 1, 55101, Mainz, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 270:989-93. 2013....
- Intratympanic dexamethasone/hyaluronic acid mix as an adjunct to intravenous steroid and vasoactive treatment in patients with severe idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing lossHaralampos Gouveris
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Mainz Hospital and Clinics, Mainz, Germany
Otol Neurotol 32:756-60. 2011....
- Quality of life in sporadic vestibular schwannoma: a reviewHaralampos T Gouveris
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Medical School, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 72:69-74. 2010..QoL assessments merit being included in more trials along with standardized interpretation and complete reporting of results...
- First-night-effect on polysomnographic respiratory sleep parameters in patients with sleep-disordered breathing and upper airway pathologyHaralampos Gouveris
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, The University Hospitals of Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, 55131, Mainz, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 267:1449-53. 2010..Additionally, 15% of the patients showed a significant variability in the AHI between the two nights...
- Histological and radiological signs indicative for chronic sinus mucosal inflammation in Graves' ophthalmopathyHaralampos T Gouveris
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Mainz Hospitals, Mainz, Germany
Rhinology 47:144-7. 2009..Additionally, our data underline that CT imaging of the paranasal sinuses underestimates (29.4%) the incidence of inflammatory changes of the sinus mucosa (45.5%) of any extent in GO patients...
- Successful rigid endoscopic removal of an esophageal subtotally covered nitinol stent 11 months after initial placementHaralampos T Gouveris
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Mainz Medical School, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131, Mainz, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 266:927-31. 2009..Particularly in cases of accidental esophageal injury during endoscopy, esophageal SEMS placement should be considered as a therapeutic option only if conventional surgery is contraindicated...
- Association between surgical steps and intraoperative auditory brainstem response and electrocochleography waveforms during hearing preservation vestibular schwannoma surgeryHaralampos Gouveris
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 266:225-9. 2009..This profound intraoperative amplitude decrease was associated with a profound postoperative hearing impairment in 84% of the cases...
- Diagnosis and therapy of vestibular schwannomaWolf Mann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, The University of Mainz Hospitals and Clinics, Mainz, Germany
Expert Rev Neurother 9:1219-32. 2009..Quality-of-life measures have emerged as important determinants of final therapeutic decision-making. More studies with high levels of evidence are needed to support clinical decisions...
- Cochlear origin of early hearing loss in vestibular schwannomaHaralampos T Gouveris
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Mainz, Germany
Laryngoscope 117:680-3. 2007..To test whether early hearing loss (HL) is cochlear in origin in patients with vestibular schwannoma (VS)...