Affiliation: German Aerospace Center
- Annoyance and self-reported sleep disturbance due to night-time railway noise examined in the fieldSibylle Pennig
German Aerospace Center DLR, Institute of Aerospace Medicine, 51170 Cologne, Germany
J Acoust Soc Am 132:3109-17. 2012..The responses of this subject sample referring to railway noise in the previous night point to rather low impairments of exposed residents...
- Effects of aircraft cabin noise on passenger comfortSibylle Pennig
German Aerospace Center DLR, Institute of Aerospace Medicine, Cologne, 51170, Germany
Ergonomics 55:1252-65. 2012..Acoustic cabin design should therefore consider measures beyond noise level reduction altering noise characteristics to improve passengers' comfort and well-being in the aircraft cabin...
- Examining nocturnal railway noise and aircraft noise in the field: sleep, psychomotor performance, and annoyanceEva Maria Elmenhorst
German Aerospace Centre, DLR, Institute of Aerospace Medicine, 51170 Cologne, Germany
Sci Total Environ 424:48-56. 2012..Railway noise proved less annoying than aircraft noise in surveys which were the bases for a so called 5 dB railway bonus regarding noise protection in many European countries...
- Significance of time awake for predicting pilots' fatigue on short-haul flights: implications for flight duty time regulationsMartin Vejvoda
Institute of Aerospace Medicine, German Aerospace Center DLR, Cologne, Germany
J Sleep Res 23:564-7. 2014..Based on these findings, flight duty limitations should consider not only duty start time, but also the time of the final landing...
- Speech intelligibility and speech quality of modified loudspeaker announcements examined in a simulated aircraft cabinSibylle Pennig
a German Aerospace Center DLR, Institute of Aerospace Medicine, Cologne, Germany
Ergonomics 57:1806-16. 2014..Thus, loudspeaker power in an aircraft cabin can be reduced by using appropriate filter settings in the loudspeaker system. ..