Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: German Cancer Research Center
- miR-137 inhibits the invasion of melanoma cells through downregulation of multiple oncogenic target genesChonglin Luo
Division of Translational Immunology D015, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 133:768-75. 2013..In summary, our study confirms that miR-137 acts as a tumor suppressor in malignant melanoma and reveals that miR-137 regulates multiple targets including c-Met, YB1, EZH2, and MITF...
- MiR-101 inhibits melanoma cell invasion and proliferation by targeting MITF and EZH2Chonglin Luo
Department of Translational Immunology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany Electronic address
Cancer Lett 341:240-7. 2013..Functional assays showed that miR-101 suppressed invasion and proliferation - an outcome that could be phenocopied by siRNA knockdown of MITF and EZH2. Our data suggest that miR-101 might have a beneficial role in melanoma. ..
- The role of microRNAs in melanomaChonglin Luo
Translational Immunology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany Electronic address
Eur J Cell Biol 93:11-22. 2014..Finally, we highlight the recent progress in pre-clinical use of miRNAs as prognostic markers and therapeutic targets. ..
- Vitamin A metabolism in benign and malignant melanocytic skin cells: importance of lecithin/retinol acyltransferase and RPE65Philipp M Amann
Skin Cancer Unit, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Physiol 227:718-28. 2012..Consequently, the decreasing cellular amount of retinoic acid and its precursor molecules could result in a change of gene regulation...
- Rare Drosha splice variants are deficient in microRNA processing but do not affect general microRNA expression in cancer cellsStefanie E Grund
Helmholtz University Group Molecular RNA Biology and Cancer, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ and Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Neoplasia 14:238-48. 2012..On the basis of our results, the search for alternative inactive splice variants might be fruitful in different tumor entities to unravel the molecular basis of the previously observed decreased microRNA processing efficiency in cancer...
- RANGE: Gene Transfer of Reversibly Controlled Polycistronic GenesYiwei Chen
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 2:e85. 2013..Molecular Therapy - Nucleic Acids (2013) 2, e85; doi:10.1038/mtna.2013.15; published online 9 April 2013...