Affiliation: Georg August University
- A peritoneal cavity chamber for intravital microscopy of the liver under conditions of pneumoperitoneumI Leister
Department of General Surgery, Georg August University, Robert Kochstrasse 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Surg Endosc 17:939-42. 2003..Intravital microscopy allows direct visualization of the hepatic microvasculature. We report on a novel application of this technique using a chamber model that simulates the conditions of pneumoperitoneum...
- Effect of laparotomy and CO(2) pneumoperitoneum on tumor growth of human colon carcinoma and expression pattern of tumor-associated proteins in the SCID mouseI Leister
Department of General Surgery, Georg August University, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 18:508-13. 2003..The impact of laparoscopy on tumor progression is still unclear. This study investigated the effect of CO(2) pneumoperitoneum on the intra-abdominal growth of human colon carcinoma independently of the effect of the immune system...
- [Mesenteric ischemia. Is diagnostic laparoscopy of value?]I Leister
Klinik für Allgemeinchirurgie, Georg August Universitat Gottingen
Chirurg 74:407-12. 2003..Against the background of increasing experience in the area of laparoscopic surgery, this study gives an overview of the present value of laparoscopy for mesenteric ischemia...
- Impact of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and gastrin-releasing peptide on small bowel microcirculation and mucosal injury after hepatic ischemia/reperfusion in ratsIngo Leister
Department of General Surgery, Georg August University, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37099 Gottingen, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 20:42-8. 2005..Furthermore, we analyzed the effects of the regulatory peptides vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and gastrin-releasing peptide for their splanchnic vasoactivity...
- Microcirculation and excretory function of the liver under conditions of carbon dioxide pneumoperitoneumI Leister
Department of General Surgery, Georg August University, Robert Kochstrasse 40, D 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Surg Endosc 18:1358-63. 2004..To date, the effects of increased abdominal pressure, as given during carbon dioxide (CO(2)) pneumoperitoneum, on hepatic microcirculation and biliary excretion are unknown...
- [Relaparoscopy as an alternative to laparotomy for laparoscopic complications]I Leister
Klinik für Allgemeinchirurgie, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075 Gottingen, Deutschland
Chirurg 77:986-97. 2006..Given the uncertainty in the literature, patient safety must be paramount, when deciding on which technique is best to employ, particularly in cases of haemorrhage...
- Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and gastrin-releasing peptide attenuate hepatic microvasculatory disturbances following intestinal ischemia and reperfusionIngo Leister
Department of Surgery, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Digestion 66:186-92. 2002..The aim was to determine the potentially protective effect of the vasoactive hormones vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) and gastrin-releasing peptide (GRP) on hepatic microcirculation following IIR...
- A new abdominal cavity chamber to study the impact of increased intra-abdominal pressure on microcirculation of gut mucosa by using video microscopy in ratsStephan T Samel
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Crit Care Med 30:1854-8. 2002..In this article we describe an abdominal cavity chamber for intravital video microscopy of gut mucosa microcirculation during increased intra-abdominal pressure...