- Inhibitors of platelet signal transduction as anti-aggregatory drugsJ Geiger
Institute for Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Medical University Clinic, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 10:865-90. 2001..While several of the novel anti-aggregatory drugs were disappointing in clinical studies combinations of drugs with different effector enzymes showed potent antithrombotic efficacy...
- Monitoring of clopidogrel action: comparison of methodsJörg Geiger
Institut für Klinische Biochemie und Pathobiochemie und Zentrallabor, Universitat Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Clin Chem 51:957-65. 2005..Because failure of antiplatelet therapy can have severe consequences, there is need for a reliable assay to quantify the effectiveness of clopidogrel treatment...
- Insulin inhibition of platelet-endothelial interaction is mediated by insulin effects on endothelial cells without direct effects on plateletsS Rauchfuss
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Thromb Haemost 6:856-64. 2008..Here, acute effects of insulin on platelet activation and platelet-endothelial cell interactions were analyzed...
- Flow cytometry analysis of intracellular VASP phosphorylation for the assessment of activating and inhibitory signal transduction pathways in human platelets--definition and detection of ticlopidine/clopidogrel effectsU R Schwarz
Institute for Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Medical University Clinic, Wurzburg, Germany
Thromb Haemost 82:1145-52. 1999..In a first clinical application, the inhibitory effects of ticlopidine and clopidogrel on the platelet P2YAC ADP receptor were monitored...
- Megakaryocyte hyperplasia and enhanced agonist-induced platelet activation in vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein knockout miceW Hauser
Institut für Klinische Biochemie und Pathobiochemie und, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:8120-5. 1999..VASP-deficient mice may provide an interesting model system for diseases in which enhanced platelet activation plays a major role...