- Case report: A unique pediatric case of a primary CD8 expressing ALK-1 positive anaplastic large cell lymphoma of skeletal muscleTimo Gaiser
Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Diagn Pathol 7:38. 2012..This case illustrates the unusual presentation of a pediatric ALCL in soft tissue with a good response to chemotherapy...
- Tyramide signal amplification: an enhanced method for immunohistochemistry on methyl-methacrylate-embedded bone marrow trephine sectionsTimo Gaiser
Institute of Pathology, Klinikum Kassel, Kassel, Germany
Acta Haematol 117:122-7. 2007....
- Clinicopathologic challenge. Destombes-Rosai-Dorfman disease (DRDD) (sinushistiocytosis with massive lymphadenopathy)Maria Rita Becker
Department of Dermatology, Klinikum Kassel, Kassel, Germany
Int J Dermatol 47:125-7. 2008
- Light chain multiple myeloma with cutaneous AL amyloidosisMaria Rita Becker
Department of Dermatology, Clinic Kassel, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 6:744-5. 2008..Histological examination revealed cutaneous deposits of amyloid which were positive with Congo red stain and had an apple green color in polarized light...
- COX-2 expression in malignant melanoma: a novel prognostic marker?Maria R Becker
Department of Dermatology, University of Heidelberg, Vossstrasse 2, Heidelberg 69115, Germany
Melanoma Res 19:8-16. 2009..Our findings emphasize that the COX-2 protein might be a novel prognostic marker. Owing to its strong expression in melanoma cells it might also be a reasonable therapeutic target...
- Prognostic Impact of mRNA Expression Levels of HER1-4 (ERBB1-4) in Patients with Locally Advanced Rectal CancerMelanie Kripp
III Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsmedizin Mannheim, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Gastroenterol Res Pract 2016:3481578. 2016..Conclusion. This analysis suggests a prognostic impact of both ERBB1 and MKi67 mRNA expression in LARC patients treated with capecitabine or fluorouracil-based chemoradiotherapy. ..
- Multi-class texture analysis in colorectal cancer histologyJakob Nikolas Kather
Institute of Pathology, University Medical Center Mannheim, Heidelberg University, Mannheim, Germany
Sci Rep 6:27988. 2016..4% accuracy for eight classes). We make our dataset of histological images publicly available under a Creative Commons license and encourage other researchers to use it as a benchmark for their studies. ..
- Histology-based prediction of lymph node metastases in early gastric cancer as decision guidance for endoscopic resectionUlrich Ronellenfitsch
Department of Surgery, University Medical Center Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Oncotarget 7:10676-83. 2016..However, it is not clear to what extent these recommendations can be transferred to Western collectives. The aim of this study was to analyze predictors for LNM in EGC in a Western study population...
- Outcome of Colorectal Cancer Patients Treated with Combination Bevacizumab Therapy: A Pooled Retrospective Analysis of Three European Cohorts from the Angiopredict InitiativeJohannes Betge
Department of Medicine II, University Hospital Mannheim, Medical Faculty Mannheim, Heidelberg University, Mannheim, Germany
Digestion 94:129-137. 2016..This study is aimed at analyzing the survival rates and prognostic factors of stage IV colorectal cancer patients from 3 European cohorts undergoing combination chemotherapy with bevacizumab...
- Amplicon sequencing of colorectal cancer: variant calling in frozen and formalin-fixed samplesJohannes Betge
Division of Signaling and Functional Genomics, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ and Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Faculty Mannheim, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany Department of Medicine II, University Hospital Mannheim, Medical Faculty Mannheim, Heidelberg University, Mannheim, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0127146. 2015..Our study highlights the need for standardization and benchmarking of variant calling pipelines, which will be required for translational and clinical applications. ..
- Case report: Intraductal tubulopapillary neoplasm of the pancreas with unique clear cell phenotypeMaria Gabriele Ahls
Institute of Pathology, University Medical Center Mannheim, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Diagn Pathol 9:11. 2014..After surgery and without adjuvant therapy, the patient's clinical course has been uneventful for over two years now...
- Classifying ambiguous melanocytic lesions with FISH and correlation with clinical long-term follow upTimo Gaiser
Department of Neuropathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Mod Pathol 23:413-9. 2010..However, a reassessment of the probes and better standardization of the method may lead to a valuable diagnostic tool...