Affiliation: Friedrich Schiller University
- Platelet adhesion assay--a new quantitative whole blood test to measure platelet functionGötz Nowak
Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Medical Faculty, Research Group Pharmacological Haemostaseology, Jena, Germany
Semin Thromb Hemost 31:470-5. 2005..PADA was shown to be a simple reliable laboratory method for the detection of disturbed platelet function. The test requires low analytical efforts compared with other diagnostic platelet function tests...
- The ecarin clotting time, a universal method to quantify direct thrombin inhibitorsGötz Nowak
Research Group Pharmacological Haemostaseology, Medical Faculty, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Jena, Germany
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 33:173-83. 2003..g., for biochemical investigations, as a point-of-care method and for cardiac surgery. Advantages and disadvantages of these methods are discussed...
- Is platelet adhesion assay able to quantify drug-induced platelet dysfunction?Alrun Schumann
HaemoSys GmbH, Jena, Germany
Semin Thromb Hemost 31:476-81. 2005..Furthermore, patients having partial or full clopidogrel resistance were identified. Overdoses can be detected as well...
- Anticoagulant efficacy of PEG-Hirudin in patients on maintenance hemodialysisKatrin Annett Pöschel
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Kidney Int 65:666-74. 2004....
- Measurement of maximum thrombin generation capacity in blood and plasma using the thrombin generation assay (THROGA)Götz Nowak
Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Medical Faculty, Research Group Pharmacological Haemostaseology, Drackendorfer Strasse 1, D 07747 Jena, Germany
Semin Thromb Hemost 33:508-14. 2007....
- Pharmacology of recombinant hirudinGötz Nowak
Medical Faculty, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Semin Thromb Hemost 28:415-24. 2002..Recombinant hirudin (r-hirudin) is a product of genetic engineering that is identical to the hirudin found in nature and has the same biochemical and pharmacological characteristics as natural hirudin...
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT II) - a drug-associated autoimmune diseaseGötz Nowak
University Hospital Jena, Research Group Pharmacological Haemostaseology, 07747 Jena, Germany
Thromb Haemost 102:887-91. 2009..By early and fast diagnostics and appropriate treatment severe complications of HIT II can be prevented...
- Characterization of the postglomerular renal metabolism of lepirudin in healthy volunteersMichael Kautzleben
Research Unit Pharmacological Haemostaseology, Friedrich Schiller, University, Jena, Germany
Thromb Res 113:187-95. 2004..We examined the C-terminal amino acid degradation of lepirudin by the proximal kidney tubulus cells in humans as well as the antithrombotic efficacy of the metabolites and quantified the metabolite portions...