Affiliation: Fraunhofer Institute of Toxicology and Experimental Medicine
- Comprehensive characterisation of pulmonary and serum surfactant protein D in COPDCarla Winkler
Department of Clinical Airway Research, Fraunhofer Institute for Toxicology and Experimental Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Respir Res 12:29. 2011..The origin of SP-D in serum and how serum concentrations are related to pulmonary concentrations under inflammatory conditions is still unclear...
- Allergen particle binding by human primary bronchial epithelial cells is modulated by surfactant protein DCarsten Schleh
Fraunhofer Institute for Toxicology and Experimental Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Respir Res 11:83. 2010..In the present study, we investigated the uptake of SPP in human primary epithelial cells and the potential modulation by SP-D. The patho-physiological consequence was evaluated by measurement of pro-inflammatory mediators...
- Impact of endobronchial allergen provocation on macrophage phenotype in asthmaticsCarla Winkler
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
BMC Immunol 15:12. 2014..In the present study we phenotypically characterized macrophages with regard to M2 polarization in mice, a human in vitro and a human ex vivo model with primary lung cells after endobronchial provocation...
- Surfactant protein D modulates pulmonary clearance of pollen starch granulesCarla Winkler
Fraunhofer Institute of Toxicology and Experimental Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Exp Lung Res 36:522-30. 2010..In conclusion, SP-D increased PSG-positive cells in vitro and accelerated PSG binding/uptake in vivo. The observed effects were limited to cellular clearance mechanisms and did not affect the total clearance of PSGs from the lung...
- Low-dose endotoxin inhalation in healthy volunteers--a challenge model for early clinical drug developmentOle Janssen
Department of Clinical Airway Research, Fraunhofer Institute for Toxicology and Experimental Medicine, 30625 Hannover, Germany
BMC Pulm Med 13:19. 2013..It was therefore the aim of this study to test the effect and reproducibility of a low-dose LPS challenge (20,000 E.U.; 2 μg) using a flow- and volume-controlled inhalation technique to increase LPS deposition...
- Surfactant and allergic airway inflammationCarla Winkler
Fraunhofer Institute for Experimental Medicine and Toxicology, Hannover, Germany
Swiss Med Wkly 143:w13818. 2013....
- Impact of a Met(11)Thr single nucleotide polymorphism of surfactant protein D on allergic airway inflammation in a murine asthma modelCarla Winkler
1Fraunhofer Institute for Toxicology and Experimental Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Exp Lung Res 40:154-63. 2014..MiR-21 and 155 are differentially regulated in transgenic mice in response to allergic inflammation. Further studies are required to elucidate the impact of this SNP on inflammatory conditions of the lung. ..