Affiliation: Frankfurt am Main
- Atherogenesis--recent insights into basic mechanisms and their clinical impactVolker Schachinger
Department of Medicine IV, Division of Cardiology, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:2055-64. 2002
- Intracoronary infusion of bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells abrogates adverse left ventricular remodelling post-acute myocardial infarction: insights from the reinfusion of enriched progenitor cells and infarct remodelling in acute myocardial infarctiVolker Schachinger
Internal Medicine III, J W Goethe Universität Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 11:973-9. 2009....
- [Care of patients after coronary stent implantation: what is important in practice?]V Schachinger
Med Klinik III Kardiologie, Klinikum der J W Goethe Universitat, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Frankfurt, Germany
Internist (Berl) 48:1365-74. 2007..It is important to screen patients for diabetes mellitus, since approximately 1/3 of patients after coronary intervention have an otherwise unrecognized diabetes mellitus or glucose tolerance disturbance...
- [Stem cells after myocardial infarction]Volker Schachinger
medizinische Klinik III Kardiologie, J W Goethe Universität Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt
Herz 31:127-36; quiz 142-3. 2006....
- [Diabetes mellitus and coronary artery disease--a high risk combination]V Schachinger
J W Goethe Universität Frankfurt, medizinische Klinik III Kardiologie, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 95:i18-26. 2006..During an acute coronary syndrome/myocardial infarction, hyperglycemia is an adverse prognostic marker. However, so far studies using glucose-insulin-potassium (GIK) infusion have not been convincingly demonstrate to be beneficial...
- [Coronary microcirculation. Pathophysiology, clinical relevance, and importance for regenerative therapy after myocardial infarction]Volker Schachinger
Medizinische Klinik III, Kardiologie, JW Goethe Universität, Frankfurt
Herz 30:641-50. 2005..First clinical data, demonstrating indeed an improved coronary blood flow regulation after progenitor cell therapy in patients with ischemic heart disease, have to be established by further clinical trials...
- Stem cells and cardiovascular and renal disease: today and tomorrowVolker Schachinger
J W Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:S2-6. 2005....
- A randomized trial of polytetrafluoroethylene-membrane-covered stents compared with conventional stents in aortocoronary saphenous vein graftsVolker Schachinger
J W Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1360-9. 2003..31%, p = 0.93). This controlled trial does not indicate a superiority of the PTFE-membrane-covered Stentgraft compared with a conventional stent with respect to acute results, restenosis, or clinical event rates...
- Covered stent grafts: role in intervention of coronary arteries and degenerated vein graftsVolker Schachinger
Medizinische Klinik IV Kardiologie J W Goethe Universität Frankfurt Theodor Stern Kai 7 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Z Kardiol 91:58-63. 2002..Thus, having a stent graft available in the catheterization laboratory provides the interventionalist an important anchor for bail out situations...
- Lipoprotein(a) selectively impairs receptor-mediated endothelial vasodilator function of the human coronary circulationV Schachinger
Department of Rehabilitation, Prevention and Sports Medicine, University Freiburg, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 30:927-34. 1997..We investigated the influence of lipoprotein(a) [Lp(a)] serum levels on different endothelium-dependent vasodilator stimuli representing different mechanisms of endothelium-dependent vasodilation...
- Atherosclerosis-associated endothelial dysfunctionV Schachinger
Medizinische Klinik IV, Kardiologie J W Goethe Universität Frankfurt Theodor Stern Kai 7 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Z Kardiol 89:IX/70-4. 2000....
- Prognostic impact of coronary vasodilator dysfunction on adverse long-term outcome of coronary heart diseaseV Schachinger
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Division of Cardiology, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Circulation 101:1899-906. 2000..Therefore, we prospectively investigated whether coronary endothelial dysfunction predicts disease progression and cardiovascular event rates...
- [Therapeutic options for improvement of myocardial perfusion in coronary atherosclerosis]V Schachinger
Medizinische Klinik IV, Abteilung Kardiologie, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat Frankfurt
Herz 23:116-29. 1998..Whether endothelial dysfunction alone--without evidence of overt coronary atherosclerosis--is sufficient to justify a long-term therapy to improve prognosis, still has to be clarified...
- Infarct remodeling after intracoronary progenitor cell treatment in patients with acute myocardial infarction (TOPCARE-AMI): mechanistic insights from serial contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imagingM B Britten
Department of Cardiology, J W Goethe University Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
Circulation 108:2212-8. 2003....
- [Coronary stent implantation in elderly patients: acute and long-term results]B Assmus
Medizinische Klinik IV, Abteilung für Kardiologie Nephrologie, J W Goethe Universitat, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Z Kardiol 92:633-40. 2003..Patients were categorised into < 65 years (n = 709),65-75 years (n = 443) and >75 years (n= 154)...
- A positive family history of premature coronary artery disease is associated with impaired endothelium-dependent coronary blood flow regulationV Schachinger
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Goethe University, Frankfurt
Circulation 100:1502-8. 1999..The aim of the study was to determine whether a positive family history of coronary artery disease is related to impaired coronary blood flow regulation...
- Normalization of coronary blood flow in the infarct-related artery after intracoronary progenitor cell therapy: intracoronary Doppler substudy of the TOPCARE-AMI trialV Schachinger
Dept of Internal Medicine IV, J W Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 95:13-22. 2006..Therefore, we investigate coronary blood flow regulation in patients after AMI treated with intracoronary progenitor cell therapy...
- NADH/NADPH oxidase p22 phox gene polymorphism is associated with improved coronary endothelial vasodilator functionV Schachinger
Department of Internal Medicine, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Eur Heart J 22:96-101. 2001..We therefore tested whether this polymorphism is associated with an altered endothelium-dependent vasodilator capacity of human coronary arteries in vivo...
- Coronary stent grafts covered by a polytetrafluoroethylene membraneM Elsner
Medizinische Klinik IV Department of Cardiology, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Am J Cardiol 84:335-8, A8. 1999....
- [Regenerative therapy in cardiology: how distant is it from reality?]B Assmus
Medizinische Klinik III, Kardiologie, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat Frankfurt, Frankfurt
Internist (Berl) 47:1177-82. 2006..Finally, whether intracoronary infusion of adult progenitor cells can also reduce morbidity and mortality due to heart failure, remains to be investigated...
- [Anticoagulation of pregnant women with mechanical heart valve prostheses]E Lindhoff-Last
Medizinische Klinik I Schwerpunkt Angiologie Universitätsklinik Frankfurt Theodor Stern Kai 7 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Z Kardiol 90:125-30. 2001..Prospective, randomized studies are needed to further evaluate this new therapeutic approach. The underlying heart disease represents a serious comorbid condition that requires continuous interdisciplinary monitoring...
- Preprocedural C-reactive protein levels and cardiovascular events after coronary stent implantationD H Walter
Department of Internal Medicine IV, University of Frankfurt, Germans
J Am Coll Cardiol 37:839-46. 2001..This study assessed the predictive value of preprocedural C-reactive protein (CRP) levels on six-month clinical and angiographic outcome in patients undergoing coronary stent implantation...
- Statin therapy, inflammation and recurrent coronary events in patients following coronary stent implantationD H Walter
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Division of Cardiology, University of Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:2006-12. 2001....
- Vessel wall MRI of the thoracic aorta: correlation to histology and transesophageal ultrasound. Preliminary resultsN Abolmaali
Institute for Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Rofo 174:568-72. 2002..To visualise the vessel wall of the descending thoracic aorta using magnetic resonance imaging. To evaluate the diagnostic potential of tailored T1-weighted sequences with contrast enhancement to assess systemic atherosclerotic disease...
- Statin therapy is associated with reduced restenosis rates after coronary stent implantation in carriers of the Pl(A2)allele of the platelet glycoprotein IIIa geneD H Walter
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Division of Cardiology, University of Frankfurt, Germany
Eur Heart J 22:587-95. 2001....