Affiliation: Frankfurt am Main
- 100% protein sequence coverage: a modern form of surrealism in proteomicsBjoern Meyer
Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Goethe University Frankfurt, Max von Laue Str 9, 60438, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Amino Acids 41:291-310. 2011..The attention is also focused on cleavage strategies other than trypsin, as 100% sequence coverage in bottom-up experiments is only obtainable with a combination of cleavage reagents...
- Peptide mass fingerprinting after less specific in-gel proteolysis using MALDI-LTQ-Orbitrap and 4-chloro-alpha-cyanocinnamic acidDimitrios G Papasotiriou
Cluster of Excellence Macromolecular Complexes, Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Goethe University, D 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Proteome Res 9:2619-29. 2010..Moreover, it opens more possibilities for PMF in the analysis of difficult tasks such as membrane proteins...
- Membrane protein analysis using an improved peptic in-solution digestion protocolBenjamin Rietschel
Cluster of Excellence Macromolecular Complexes, Institute for Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Proteomics 9:5553-7. 2009..This work presents an optimization of an existing peptic digest protocol for the analysis of membrane proteins using bacteriorhodopsin from purple membranes as reference...
- MALDI analysis of proteins after extraction from dissolvable ethylene glycol diacrylate cross-linked polyacrylamide gelsDimitrios G Papasotiriou
Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Cluster of Excellence Macromolecular Complexes, Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Electrophoresis 34:2484-94. 2013..The protein amounts, which had to be loaded on the gel to detect a peak in MALDI-TOF MS, were in the range of 0.1 to 5 μg, and the required amount increased with increasing mass...
- Approaching the complexity of elastase-digested membrane proteomes using off-gel IEF/nLC-MALDI-MS/MSTabiwang N Arrey
Cluster of Excellence, Macromolecular Complexes, Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Goethe University, Max von Laue Str 9, D 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Anal Chem 82:2145-9. 2010..These results are in accordance with those published for tryptic peptides. Therefore, OGE can be used as an effective prefractionation method in a multidimensional separation experiment of nontryptic membrane peptides...
- Assembly and oligomerization of human ATP synthase lacking mitochondrial subunits a and A6LIlka Wittig
Molecular Bioenergetics Group, Medical School, Goethe University Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1797:1004-11. 2010..This supports previous suggestions that IF1 plays an important role in the dimerization/oligomerization of mammalian ATP synthase and in the regulation of mitochondrial structure and function...
- 3-Aminoquinoline acting as matrix and derivatizing agent for MALDI MS analysis of oligosaccharidesMarion Rohmer
Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Goethe University Frankfurt, Max von Laue Strasse 9, 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Anal Chem 82:3719-26. 2010..Finally, the method was applied to trifucosyllacto-N-hexaose and trifucosyl-para-lacto-N-hexaose, two isomers occurring in human breast milk samples, which were easily identified and distinguished...