Affiliation: Frankfurt am Main
- Treatment of uncomplicated hydatid cyst of the liver by closed marsupialization and fibrin glue obliterationChristian Hofstetter
Department of General Surgery, Hospital Clinico, University of Granada, San Cecilio, University of Granada, Avenida del Doctor Oloriz 16, E 18012 Granada, Spain
World J Surg 28:173-8. 2004..The results were also compared to those of a former study reported by our group in which the experience of another 19 years was presented...
- Norepinephrine and vasopressin counteract anti-inflammatory effects of isoflurane in endotoxemic ratsChristian Hofstetter
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, D 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Int J Mol Med 20:597-604. 2007..The data demonstrate that the administration of norepinephrine or vasopressin both counteracted the anti-inflammatory effects of inhaled isoflurane on proinflammatory cytokine release during experimental endotoxemia in rats...
- Anti-inflammatory effects of sevoflurane and mild hypothermia in endotoxemic ratsC Hofstetter
Clinic for Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University of Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 51:893-9. 2007..Volatile anesthetics and hypothermia attenuate the inflammatory response. We aimed to compare the anti-inflammatory effects of sevoflurane and mild hypothermia during experimental endotoxemia in the rat...
- [Videolaryngoscopy versus direct laryngoscopy for elective endotracheal intubation]C Hofstetter
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Intensivmedizin und Schmerztherapie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590, Frankfurt a M, Germany
Anaesthesist 55:535-40. 2006..We compared the ease of viewing the glottis under direct vision during conventional laryngoscopy with the quality of indirectly viewing on a monitor during laryngoscopy with a Macintosh videolaryngoscope in a multicenter study...
- Comparing hemodynamics, blood gas analyses and proinflammatory cytokines in endotoxemic and severely septic ratsPatrick Scheiermann
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Hospital of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt Main, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Int Immunopharmacol 11:719-23. 2011..Low TNF-α concentrations 300 min after sepsis induction could be interpreted as considerable immunosuppression during CLI sepsis...
- A brief exposure to isoflurane (50 s) significantly impacts on plasma cytokine levels in endotoxemic ratsChristian Hofstetter
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Intensivmedizin und Schmerztherapie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Int Immunopharmacol 5:1519-22. 2005..These unforeseen observations suggest that short-term inhalation of isoflurane for induction of anesthesia may be an unsuitable procedure particularly in animal models of acute inflammation...
- Desflurane differentially affects the release of proinflammatory cytokines in plasma and bronchoalveolar fluid of endotoxemic ratsKim A Boost
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Int J Mol Med 17:1139-44. 2006..Our data implicate that inhalation of 1MAC Desflurane during experimental endotoxemia differentially affects the inflammatory response in rats...
- Interleukin-10 aerosol reduces proinflammatory mediators in bronchoalveolar fluid of endotoxemic ratChristian Hofstetter
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University of Frankfurt, Germany
Crit Care Med 33:2317-22. 2005....
- Inhaled levosimendan reduces mortality and release of proinflammatory mediators in a rat model of experimental ventilator-induced lung injuryKim A Boost
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy, University Hospital of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Crit Care Med 36:1873-9. 2008..We therefore aimed to evaluate whether inhalation therapy with levosimendan, a calcium-sensitizer with pulmonary vasodilating properties, could attenuate VILI and improve short-term survival in a rat experimental model...
- Targeting caspase-1 by inhalation-therapy: effects of Ac-YVAD-CHO on IL-1 beta, IL-18 and downstream proinflammatory parameters as detected in rat endotoxaemiaKim A Boost
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy, University Hospital of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Intensive Care Med 33:863-71. 2007....
- Cecal ligation and incision: an acute onset model of severe sepsis in ratsPatrick Scheiermann
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine, and Pain Therapy, Hospital of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Surg Res 151:132-7. 2009..We therefore aimed to establish a surgical model of severe sepsis in rodents fulfilling international sepsis criteria...
- Protective properties of inhaled IL-22 in a model of ventilator-induced lung injurySandra Hoegl
Clinic for Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 44:369-76. 2011..These data support the hypothesis that IL-22, likely via activation of STAT3 and downstream genes (e.g., SOCS3), is able to protect against cell stretch and pulmonary baro-/biotrauma by enhancing epithelial cell resistibility...
- Aerosol delivery during mechanical ventilation to the ratChristian Hofstetter
Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
Exp Lung Res 30:635-51. 2004..There was no evidence for any adverse event as assessed from heart rate, mean arterial pressure, PaO2 and PaCO2 before, during, and after nebulization. No pulmonary tissue trauma was detected histologically...
- Isoflurane inhalation after induction of endotoxemia in rats attenuates the systemic cytokine responseM Flondor
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Eur Surg Res 40:1-6. 2008..We aimed therefore to evaluate the effect of isoflurane after administration of LPS on the cytokine release as a therapeutic option...
- The beta-adrenoceptor antagonist propranolol counteracts anti-inflammatory effects of isoflurane in rat endotoxemiaK A Boost
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy, University Hospital of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 51:900-8. 2007..We therefore aimed to investigate whether the beta-adrenoceptor antagonist propranolol might modulate the anti-inflammatory effects of isoflurane on the systemic and pulmonary release of pro-inflammatory cytokines in endotoxemic rats...
- The effect of inhaled nitric oxide and inhaled iloprost on hypoxaemia in a patient with pulmonary hypertension after pulmonary thrombarterectomyM Flondor
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
Anaesthesia 61:1200-3. 2006..Hence, the combination of both drugs may be reasonable in cases where the standard therapy fails. The effect has been demonstrated by means of continuous blood gas monitoring...
- Prehospital emergency endotracheal intubation using the Bonfils intubation fiberscopeChristian Byhahn
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, J W Goethe University Medical School, Frankfurt, Germany
Eur J Emerg Med 14:43-6. 2007..The Bonfils intubation fiberscope therefore demonstrated its value as an additional airway management device in both emergency and prehospital settings...
- Inhalation of the BK(Ca)-opener NS1619 attenuates right ventricular pressure and improves oxygenation in the rat monocrotaline model of pulmonary hypertensionMarc Revermann
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, University Hospital Mannheim, Faculty of Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany Institute for Cardiovascular Physiology, Medical Faculty of the Goethe University Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e86636. 2014..On this basis, we hypothesized that treatment with the nebulized BK channel opener NS1619 might be a therapy option for pulmonary hypertension and tested this in rats...
- Dexamethasone suppresses interleukin-22 associated with bacterial infection in vitro and in vivoE Ziesché
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, University Hospital Goethe University, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Clin Exp Immunol 157:370-6. 2009..epidermidis-activated PBMC and rat sepsis, respectively. The data presented herein suggest that insufficient IL-22 function may contribute to impaired intestinal host defence in the context of corticosteroid therapy...
- Short-term exposure to high-pressure ventilation leads to pulmonary biotrauma and systemic inflammation in the ratSandra Hoegl
Clinic of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilians University, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Int J Mol Med 21:513-9. 2008..Thus, by combining barotrauma with biotrauma, this animal model may be suitable for studying therapeutical approaches to VILI...
- Comparison of direct and video-assisted views of the larynx during routine intubationMarshal B Kaplan
Department of Anesthesiology, UCLA and Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA, and Department of Anesthesiology, Cantonal Hospital, St Gallen, Switzerland
J Clin Anesth 18:357-62. 2006..To compare the direct and indirect (video monitor) views of the glottic opening using a new Macintosh blade that is modified to provide a video image of airway structures during laryngoscopy...