- IL-17 in atopic eczema: linking allergen-specific adaptive and microbial-triggered innate immune responseKilian Eyerich
Laboratory of Immunology, IDI IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:59-66.e4. 2009..Recent studies show that an impaired IL-17 immune response results in diseases associated with chronic skin infections...
- CD56 highCD16 - NK cell involvement in cutaneous lichen planusTeresa Carbone
Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, IDI IRCCS, Via Monti di Creta 104, 00167 Rome, Italy
Eur J Dermatol 20:724-30. 2010..In terms of cytokine release, skin CD56highCD16- NK cells are able to secrete IFN-γ, TNF-α and hardly release IL-22, IL-17 and IL-4. Overall, our data propose a pro-inflammatory role of NK lymphocytes in lichen planus...
- CD56highCD16-CD62L- NK cells accumulate in allergic contact dermatitis and contribute to the expression of allergic responsesTeresa Carbone
Laboratory of Immunology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rome, Italy
J Immunol 184:1102-10. 2010..Our findings underline the importance of the interaction between innate and adaptive immune mechanisms for amplification of skin allergic responses to haptens and full expression of allergic contact dermatitis...
- Th17 and Th22 in skin allergyAndrea Cavani
Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, IDI IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Chem Immunol Allergy 96:39-44. 2012..However, in inflamed skin, Th22 could contribute to the amplification of immune responses by enhancing the TNF-α-induced cytokines and chemokines released by keratinocytes...
- Interleukin-22 Promotes Wound Repair in Diabetes by Improving Keratinocyte Pro-Healing FunctionsSimona Avitabile
Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 135:2862-70. 2015..Our data indicate a pro-healing role of IL-22 in diabetic wounds, suggesting a therapeutic potential for this cytokine in diabetic ulcer management. ..