Affiliation: European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Localizing the proteomeJeremy C Simpson
Cell Biology and Cell Biophysics Program, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Genome Biol 4:240. 2003..Comparison with less comprehensive studies of mammalian cells provides insights into the localization of the mammalian proteome...
- COPI vesicles accumulating in the presence of a GTP restricted arf1 mutant are depleted of anterograde and retrograde cargoR Pepperkok
Cell Biophysics and Cell Biology Program, EMBL Heidelberg, Meyerhofstr 1, Germany
J Cell Sci 113:135-44. 2000....
- Being in the right location at the right timeR Pepperkok
Department of Cell Biology and Biophysics, European Molecular Biology Laboratory Heidelberg, Meyerhofstrasse, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Genome Biol 2:REVIEWS1024. 2001..This article highlights current approaches aimed at achieving this goal...
- Evidence for a COP-I-independent transport route from the Golgi complex to the endoplasmic reticulumA Girod
Cell Biology and Biophysics Programme, EMBL Heidelberg, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 1:423-30. 1999..The COP-I-independent pathway is specifically regulated by Rab6 and is used by Golgi glycosylation enzymes and Shiga toxin/Shiga-like toxin-1...
- Systematic subcellular localization of novel proteins identified by large-scale cDNA sequencingJ C Simpson
Department of Cell Biology and Biophysics, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO Rep 1:287-92. 2000..For those cDNAs where no homologies could be predicted, the localization data represent the first information...
- Observing proteins in their natural habitat: the living cellP I Bastiaens
EMBL Heidelberg, Meyerhofstr 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Trends Biochem Sci 25:631-7. 2000..This possibility will not only play an important role in the understanding of biochemical reactions in signal processing and fidelity but also help to uncover the molecular mechanisms of organelle and cell morphogenesis...
- Illuminating the secretory pathway: when do we need vesicles?D J Stephens
Cell Biophysics and Cell Biology Program, EMBL Heidelberg, Meyerhofstrasse 1, Germany
J Cell Sci 114:1053-9. 2001....
- The potential of high-content high-throughput microscopy in drug discoveryV Starkuviene
Cell Biology and Cell Biophysics Unit, European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 152:62-71. 2007..Here, we discuss recent advances in high-content high-throughput microscopy and its potential application to several steps of the drug discovery process...
- COPI-coated ER-to-Golgi transport complexes segregate from COPII in close proximity to ER exit sitesD J Stephens
Department of Cell Biology and Biophysics, EMBL Heidelberg, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Sci 113:2177-85. 2000..These data demonstrate for the first time directly in vivo that ER-to-Golgi transport is organised in two steps characterised by a sequential mode of action of COPII and COPI...
- Intracellular distribution of mammalian protein kinase A catalytic subunit altered by conserved Asn2 deamidationR Pepperkok
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, D 69012 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Biol 148:715-26. 2000..The model character for other signaling proteins starting with myrGly-Asn is discussed...