Affiliation: European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Minireview: genomic organization of the human ERalpha gene promoter regionM Kos
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Endocrinol 15:2057-63. 2001..The possible role of multiple promoters in the differential expression of ERalpha in tissues and during development is also discussed...
- Tissue-specific expression of human ERalpha and ERbeta in the maleS Denger
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, EMBL, Meyerhofstr 1, 69117, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 178:155-60. 2001..Here, we report that besides ERalpha, ERbeta transcripts can give rise to two protein isoforms and that this complex situation could have important functional consequences for the signalling of estrogens and their analogs...
- ERalpha gene expression in human primary osteoblasts: evidence for the expression of two receptor proteinsS Denger
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Endocrinol 15:2064-77. 2001..In particular, the current models of the action of estrogens should be reevaluated to take account of the presence of at least two ERalpha protein isoforms in bone and perhaps in other tissues...
- Down but not out? A novel protein isoform of the estrogen receptor alpha is expressed in the estrogen receptor alpha knockout mouseM Kos
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
J Mol Endocrinol 29:281-6. 2002..The transactivation capability of this protein is cell dependent and can be as high as 75% of the wild type ERalpha...
- Human estrogen receptor-alpha: regulation by synthesis, modification and degradationG Reid
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 59:821-31. 2002..Moreover, the potential role of phosphorylation, ubiquitination and acetylation in the function and dynamic turnover of ER-alpha is presented...
- Tissue-specific expression of multiple mRNA variants of the mouse estrogen receptor alpha geneM Kos
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117, Heidelberg, Germany
FEBS Lett 477:15-20. 2000..Our results show that the mERalpha gene is a complex genomic unit in mice that exhibits alternative splicing which is regulated in a tissue-specific manner...