Affiliation: European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Optical sectioning deep inside live embryos by selective plane illumination microscopyJan Huisken
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Science 305:1007-9. 2004..We also demonstrate that SPIM can be applied to visualize the embryogenesis of the relatively opaque Drosophila melanogaster in vivo...
- Multiple imaging axis microscopy improves resolution for thick-sample applicationsJim Swoger
Cell Biology and Biophysics Programme, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Opt Lett 28:1654-6. 2003..Compared with a single-axis system, the MIAM can achieve a reduction of the axial point-spread function elongation by a factor of 5.8 and a 3.5-fold improvement in volume resolution by simple linear image combination techniques...
- Even fluorescence excitation by multidirectional selective plane illumination microscopy (mSPIM)Jan Huisken
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California San Francisco, 1550 Fourth Street, San Francisco, California 94158 2324, USA
Opt Lett 32:2608-10. 2007..The multidirectional illumination proves essential in biological specimens such as millimeter-sized embryos. The performance of mSPIM is demonstrated by the imaging of live zebrafish embryos...
- High-speed imaging of developing heart valves reveals interplay of morphogenesis and functionPaul J Scherz
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Development 135:1179-87. 2008..Thus, different signaling pathways regulate distinct aspects of the behavior of individual cells during valve morphogenesis, thereby influencing specific facets of valve function...
- Optical scanning holography as a technique for high-resolution three-dimensional biological microscopyJim Swoger
Light Microscopy Group, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 19:1910-8. 2002..It is also shown that, although in general OSH is restricted to thin samples, this condition can be relaxed in nonrefracting fluorescence samples, which are of importance in biological microscopy...
- Genetic and physiologic dissection of the vertebrate cardiac conduction systemNeil C Chi
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics and Programs in Developmental Biology, Genetics, and Human Genetics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 6:e109. 2008....