- Active elimination of the marine biotoxin okadaic acid by P-glycoprotein through an in vitro gastrointestinal barrierAnke Ehlers
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Department of Food Safety, Berlin, Germany Electronic address
Toxicol Lett 225:311-7. 2014....
- Dose dependent molecular effects of acrylamide and glycidamide in human cancer cell lines and human primary hepatocytesA Ehlers
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Department of Food Safety, Berlin, Germany
Toxicol Lett 217:111-20. 2013..However, low-dose exposure seems to activate primarily genes involved in the elimination of the toxicant...
- Embryotoxic effects of the marine biotoxin okadaic acid on murine embryonic stem cellsAnke Ehlers
Department of Food Safety, Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Thielallee 88 92, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Toxicon 55:855-63. 2010..The two independent bioassays (EST and F9 cell test) detected OA as a potential embryotoxic compound, since OA influences the differentiation process of cultured murine embryonic cells...
- Analysis of the passage of the marine biotoxin okadaic acid through an in vitro human gut barrierAnke Ehlers
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Department of Food Safety, Thielallee 88 92, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Toxicology 279:196-202. 2011..In conclusion, our results indicate that besides the well known defense mechanisms of humans against this marine biotoxin--vomiting and diarrhea--further detoxification mechanisms are available to limit the absorption of toxic OA...
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons stimulate human CYP3A4 promoter activity via PXRClaudia Luckert
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Department of Food Safety, Max Dohrn Straße 8 10, 10589 Berlin, Germany Electronic address
Toxicol Lett 222:180-8. 2013..Taken together, these results show that both PAH parent compounds as well as their phase I metabolites induce CYP3A4 promoter via the transcription factor PXR...
- Gene transcription analysis of carrot allergens by relative quantification with single and duplex reverse transcription real-time PCRJutta Zagon
Division Food Safety Effect Based Analytics and Toxicokinetics, Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, BfR, Thielallee 88 92, 14195, Berlin, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 396:483-93. 2010..In particular, the easily performed duplex real-time PCR system is potentially suited for the selection of hypoallergenic varieties and studying the impact of post-harvesting or environmental conditions...
- Differences in metabolism of the marine biotoxin okadaic acid by human and rat cytochrome P450 monooxygenasesFranziska Kolrep
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Max Dohrn Straße 8 10, 10589, Berlin, Germany
Arch Toxicol 90:2025-36. 2016..In conclusion, different mechanisms of OA metabolism may occur in the liver. At low OA doses, the human liver is likely well protected against cytotoxic OA, but for high shellfish consumers a potential risk cannot be excluded. ..
- The glucosinolate metabolite 1-methoxy-3-indolylmethyl alcohol induces a gene expression profile in mouse liver similar to the expression signature caused by known genotoxic hepatocarcinogensAnke Ehlers
Department of Food Safety, Federal Institute for Risk Assessment BfR, Berlin, Germany
Mol Nutr Food Res 59:685-97. 2015..This effect is enhanced in mice transgenic for human sulphotransferases 1A1/2 (FVB/N-hSULT1A1/2). Therefore, we explored gene expression changes induced by 1-MIM-OH in mouse liver...
- Trans fatty acids affect cellular viability of human intestinal Caco-2 cells and activate peroxisome proliferator-activated receptorsMarianne Kloetzel
Department of Food Safety, Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Berlin, Germany
Nutr Cancer 65:139-46. 2013..The putative impact of TFA on colon cancer development with respect to PPARδ activation is being discussed...
- A novel approach for the detection of DNA using immobilized peptide nucleic acid (PNA) probes and signal enhancement by real-time immuno-polymerase chain reaction (RT-iPCR)Lillian Roth
Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung BfR, Abteilung Lebensmittelsicherheit, Thielallee 88 92, 14195, Berlin, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 394:529-37. 2009..Furthermore, the method was applied to PCR-amplified samples from genetically modified maize DNA (Mon810). A 483-bp DNA fragment was detected in mixture with 99.9% of noncomplementary DNA with a sensitivity down to the level of attomole...