J F Chenot
- Systematic review of clinical trials assessing the effectiveness of ivy leaf (hedera helix) for acute upper respiratory tract infectionsFelix Holzinger
Department of General Practice Family Medicine, University Medicine Goettingen, Humboldtallee 38, 37073 Goettingen, Germany
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011:382789. 2011..The combination of ivy and thyme might be more effective but needs confirmation...
- Acceptance and perceived barriers of implementing a guideline for managing low back in general practiceJean Francois Chenot
Dpt of General Practice, University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee 38, 37073 Goettingen, Germany
Implement Sci 3:7. 2008..The objective of this study is to explore the acceptance of guideline content and perceived barriers to implementation...
- Appropriateness of treatment recommendations for PPI in hospital discharge lettersDirk Ahrens
Department of General Practice, University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee 38, Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:1265-71. 2010..As the quality of PPI recommendations in hospital discharge letters in Germany has not been investigated to date, we have studied the appropriateness of these referrals...
- Assessing a risk tailored intervention to prevent disabling low back pain--protocol of a cluster randomized controlled trialCarsten Oliver Schmidt
Department of General Practice, University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee 38, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:5. 2010..Risk tailored interventions may provide a cost efficient and effective means to take systematic account of the individual risk factors but evidence is lacking...
- Practice nursed-based, individual and video-assisted patient education in oral anticoagulation--protocol of a cluster-randomized controlled trialThanh Duc Hua
Department of General Practice, University Medical Centre Göttingen, Humboldtallee 38, Gottingen, 37073, Germany
BMC Fam Pract 12:17. 2011..This trial is the first to evaluate the long-term effects of a complex practice nurse-based patient education program in comparison to a patient brochure only...
- Student evaluation of a primary care clerkship: quality assurance and identification of potential for improvementJean Francois Chenot
Department of General Practice Family Medicine, University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee 38, 37073 Gottingen, Germany
BMC Med Educ 9:17. 2009..The aim of this study is to assess the instructional quality in teaching practices using a benchmark system...
- Undergraduate medical education in GermanyJean Francois Chenot
Department of General Practice, University of Gottingen, Germany
Ger Med Sci 7:Doc02. 2009..Mandatory external accreditation and periodic reaccreditation of medical faculties need to be established in Germany...
- [Cluster randomised trials: an important method in primary care research]Jean Francois Chenot
Abteilung Allgemeinmedizin, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen
Z Evid Fortbild Qual Gesundhwes 103:475-80. 2009....
- [Quality indicators for managing patients with low back pain]J F Chenot
Abteilung Allgemeinmedizin, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Humboldtallee 38, Gottingen, Deutschland
Schmerz 24:213-20. 2010..The aim of this article is to present and evaluate the proposed QIs...
- [Communication and exchange of clinical findings for low back pain between general practitioners and orthopaedic surgeons: a retrospective observational study]J F Chenot
Abteilung Allgemeinmedizin, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Humboldtallee 38, 37073, Gottingen, Deutschland
Schmerz 23:173-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the level of communication between general practitioners (GPs) and orthopaedic surgeons...
- Sex differences in presentation, course, and management of low back pain in primary careJean Francois Chenot
Department of General Practice parallelDepartment of Anesthesiology, Pain Clinic, University Goettingen, Germany
Clin J Pain 24:578-84. 2008..The aim of this secondary analysis of a randomized controlled study was to explore whether presentation and course of LBP of women is different from men, and if sex affects the use of healthcare services for LBP...
- Use of complementary alternative medicine for low back pain consulting in general practice: a cohort studyJean Francois Chenot
Dpt of General Practice, University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee 38, 37073 Gottingen, Germany
BMC Complement Altern Med 7:42. 2007..Although back pain is considered one of the most frequent reasons why patients seek complementary and alternative medical (CAM) therapies little is known on the extent patients are actually using CAM for back pain...
- [Back pain]J F Chenot
MMW Fortschr Med 149:29, 31. 2007
- Can student tutors act as examiners in an objective structured clinical examination?Jean Francois Chenot
Department of General Practice, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Med Educ 41:1032-8. 2007..Senior medical students may be able to support faculty staff to assess their peers. The aim of this study is to assess the reliability of student tutors as OSCE examiners and their acceptance by their peers...
- The impact of specialist care for low back pain on health service utilization in primary care patients: a prospective cohort studyJean Francois Chenot
Department of General Practice, University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee 38, 37073 Goettingen, Germany
Eur J Pain 12:275-83. 2008..The high dependence of health care service utilization on providers rather than clinical factors indicates an unsystematic and probably inadequate management of LBP...
- Determinants for receiving acupuncture for LBP and associated treatments: a prospective cohort studyJean Francois Chenot
Dpt, of General Practice, University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee 38, 37073 Goettingen, Germany
BMC Health Serv Res 6:149. 2006..Therefore, we explored factors associated with acupuncture treatment for LBP and the relation of acupuncture with other health care services...
- [Transformation of general measures by patients in heart failure]M Scherer
Abteilung Allgemeinmedizin, Universitat Gottingen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:667-71. 2006..However, few data are available about the implementation of NPT in real life. The aim of this study was to analyse long-term changes in behavior and the use of self-care strategies by patients with HF...
- [Guidelines for back pain]A Becker
Abteilung Allgemeinmedizin, Universitat Gottingen
Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb 142:716-9. 2004..A randomised controlled trial has been set up to study the efficacy of guideline implementation...
- [Modular training in practical medicine: electronic evaluation of student education in general practice]W Himmel
Abteilung Allgemeinmedizin, Georg August Universitat Gottingen
Gesundheitswesen 66:457-61. 2004..This is an important step for quality assurance of medical education in practices inside and outside the university...