Affiliation: Chemnitz University of Technology
- Facial attractiveness, symmetry, and physical fitness in young womenJohannes Hönekopp
Psychologisches Institut, Technische Universitat Chemnitz, Wilhelm Raabe Str 43, D 09120, Chemnitz, Germany
Hum Nat 15:147-67. 2004..However, a closer analysis revealed that facial asymmetry did not mediate the relationship between fitness and attractiveness. Unexpected problems regarding the measurement of facial asymmetry are discussed. ..
- Digit ratio (2D:4D) and physical fitness in males and females: Evidence for effects of prenatal androgens on sexually selected traitsJohannes Hönekopp
Department of Psychology, Technische Universitat Chemnitz, Germany
Horm Behav 49:545-9. 2006..Thus, 2D:4D in males may be a negative correlate of frequent exercise which then relates to achievement in sports and athletics...
- The meaning and suitability of various effect sizes for structured Rater x Ratee designsJohannes Hönekopp
Technische Universitat Chemnitz, Institut fur Psychologie, Chemnitz, Germany
Psychol Methods 11:72-86. 2006..Effect sizes that arise from within-unit designs confound the strength of an effect with its homogeneity. Nonetheless, the authors identify how a range of effect-size types such as these serve the aims of meta-analysis appropriately...
- Once more: is beauty in the eye of the beholder? Relative contributions of private and shared taste to judgments of facial attractivenessJohannes Hönekopp
Institut fur Psychologie, Technische Universitat Chemnitz, Chemnitz, Germany
J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform 32:199-209. 2006..Important implications for scientific research strategy and laypeople's self-esteem are discussed...
- Second to fourth digit length ratio (2D:4D) and adult sex hormone levels: new data and a meta-analytic reviewJohannes Hönekopp
Technische Universitat Chemnitz, Institut fur Psychologie, Wilhelm Raabe Str 43, D 09120 Chemnitz, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:313-21. 2007..The findings from this current study add to the growing body of evidence demonstrating that 2D:4D is a suitable tool to study the effects of prenatal androgenization on human behavior and cognition...
- 2nd to 4th digit ratio (2D:4D) and number of sex partners: evidence for effects of prenatal testosterone in menJohannes Hönekopp
Department of Psychology, Technical University of Chemnitz, D 09120 Chemnitz, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 31:30-7. 2006..We conclude that male NSP is likely to be influenced by the long-term organisational effects of prenatal testosterone. The relationship between NSP and 2D:4D appears to be confined to heterosexual men...