Hans Jürgen Bruns
- Signal characteristics of multichannel epicardial electrograms in chronic ischaemic and scarred myocardium: electromechanical mismatch indicates viability in regions of myocardial dysfunctionH J Bruns
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik Innere Medizin C Kardiologie und Angiologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 96:98-105. 2001..To predict the outcome after myocardial revascularisation, a clear separation between hibernation and/or repetitive stunning on the one hand and myocardial scarring on the other hand is of importance...
- Body surface potential mapping in patients with Brugada syndrome: right precordial ST segment variations and reverse changes in left precordial leadsHans Jürgen Bruns
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Hospital of the University of Münster, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 54:58-66. 2002..The diagnostic value of the QRS integral and of the gradient of the ST segment have not been elucidated in Brugada syndrome...
- Direct epicardial mapping can differentiate hibernating from scarred myocardium: a validation study with 18F-FDG-PETChristian Vahlhaus
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik Innere Medizin C, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 7:349-56. 2002..This study investigated the value of epicardial mapping immediately before CABG in the differentiation of hibernating from scarred myocardium in correlation to the noninvasive gold standard (18)F-FDG PET...
- The ajmaline challenge in Brugada syndrome: diagnostic impact, safety, and recommended protocolSascha Rolf
Hospital of the Westfälische Wilhelms University, Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Institute for Arteriosclerosis Research, Munster, Germany
Eur Heart J 24:1104-12. 2003..A detailed protocol for the ajmaline challenge in Brugada syndrome has not yet been described. Therefore, we prospectively studied the risks of a standardized ajmaline test...
- Direct epicardial mapping predicts the recovery of left ventricular dysfunction in chronic ischaemic myocardiumChristian Vahlhaus
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Hospital of the University of Münster, Munster, Germany
Eur Heart J 25:151-7. 2004..This study investigated the hypothesis that direct epicardial bipolar mapping is able to predict the recovery of left ventricular (LV) dysfunction in ischaemic myocardium...
- QRS integral: an electrocardiographic indicator of mechanical interventricular asynchronyAlexander Samol
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, University Hospital of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, Munster, Germany
J Electrocardiol 43:242-50. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate whether interventricular asynchrony (IVA) can be measured by electrocardiography...
- Phytanic acid accumulation is associated with conduction delay and sudden cardiac death in sterol carrier protein-2/sterol carrier protein-x deficient miceGerold Mönnig
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 15:1310-6. 2004....
- Body surface area of ST elevation and the presence of late potentials correlate to the inducibility of ventricular tachyarrhythmias in Brugada syndromeLars Eckardt
Hospital of the Westfälischen Wilhelms University, Department of Cardiology and Angiology and Institute for Arteriosclerosis Research, Munster, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 13:742-9. 2002..Therefore, the body surface area of ST elevation and the presence of late potentials were compared to the inducibility of VT in patients with the characteristic ECG of Brugada syndrome...
- Divergent proarrhythmic potential of macrolide antibiotics despite similar QT prolongation: fast phase 3 repolarization prevents early afterdepolarizations and torsade de pointesPeter Milberg
Hospital of the Westfälische Wilhelms University, Department of Cardiology and Angiology and Institute for Arteriosclerosis Research, Munster, Germany
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 303:218-25. 2002..This effect may be related to a rectangular pattern of action potential prolongation, whereas erythromycin and clarithromycin cause triangular action potential prolongation and induce TdP...