Affiliation: Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallklinik
- Thoracoscopic transdiaphragmatic approach to thoracolumbar junction fracturesDaniel H Kim
Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Room R 201, Edwards Building, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305 5327, USA
Spine J 4:317-28. 2004..Conventional open approaches are often associated with significant morbidity, and hence there is a need for a minimally invasive approach to TLJ fractures...
- [Development and clinical application of a thoracoscopy implantable plate frame for treatment of thoracolumbar fractures and instabilities]R Beisse
Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallklinik, Prof Künstscher Strasse 8, 82418 Murnau
Orthopade 31:413-22. 2002..The results now available on healing after fusion indicate the favorable influence of the stability provided by the implants on the bone-healing rate...
- Video-assisted techniques in the management of thoracolumbar fracturesRudolf Beisse
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Orthop Clin North Am 38:419-29; abstract vii. 2007....
- Endoscopic surgery on the thoracolumbar junction of the spineRudolf Beisse
Department of Surgery and Trauma Surgery, Trauma Center Murnau, Küntscher Str 8, 82418 Murnau, Germany
Eur Spine J 15:687-704. 2006....
- Surgical technique and results of endoscopic anterior spinal canal decompressionRudolf Beisse
Departments of Surgery and Traumasurgery, Trauma Center Murnau, Murnau, Germany
J Neurosurg Spine 2:128-36. 2005..This study was conducted to demonstrate the effectiveness of endoscopic spinal canal decompression and reconstruction quantitatively by using pre- and postoperative computerized tomography (CT) scanning...
- Thoracoscopic spine surgery for decompression and stabilization of the anterolateral thoracolumbar spineAmin Amini
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Neurosurg Focus 19:E4. 2005....
- [Spinal column injuries in sport: treatment strategies and clinical results]P Merkel
Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallklinik Murnau, Prof Küntscher Str 8, 82418 Murnau, Deutschland
Unfallchirurg 111:711-8. 2008..The current study analyses the rate of resumption of sports participation after conservative and operative treatment...
- Value of MRI imaging prior to a kyphoplasty for osteoporotic insufficiency fracturesUlrich Josef Albert Spiegl
Department of Trauma Surgery, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallklinik Murnau, Murnau, Germany
Eur Spine J 18:1287-92. 2009..Preoperative MRI helped to generate the correct surgical strategy, by demonstrating the correct location of injury and by detecting concomitant diseases...
- Transcostovertebral kyphoplasty of the mid and high thoracic spineBronek M Boszczyk
Neurosurgery, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallklinik Murnau, Murnau, Germany
Eur Spine J 14:992-9. 2005..Strict adherence to a stepwise protocol of tool introduction following defined radioanatomical landmarks is mandatory for the safe completion of this minimally invasive technique...
- Thoracoscopic-assisted treatment of thoracic and lumbar fractures: a series of 371 consecutive casesLarry T Khoo
Berufs genossenschaftliche Unfallklinik Murnau, Murnau, Germany
Neurosurgery 51:S104-17. 2002..Thoracoscopic spinal surgery was performed to reduce the morbidity of these approaches while still achieving the primary goals of spinal decompression, reconstruction, and stabilization...
- Thoracoscopic debridement and stabilization of pyogenic vertebral osteomyelitisAmin Amini
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 17:354-7. 2007..Patients with vertebral osteomyelitis may benefit from the decreased postoperative morbidity that is associated with minimally invasive thoracoscopic spinal surgery...
- The role of thoracoscopic spinal surgery in the management of pyogenic vertebral osteomyelitisThomas Muckley
Department of Surgery, Trauma Center Murnau, Murnau, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:E227-33. 2004..Case report, operative technique...
- Is a single anterolateral screw-plate fixation sufficient for the treatment of spinal fractures in the thoracolumbar junction? A biomechanical in vitro investigationUlrich Schreiber
Klinik für Orthopädie und Sportorthopädie, Abt Biomechanik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Connollystr 32, 80809, Munchen, Germany
Eur Spine J 14:197-204. 2005..However, the observed slight increase of the range of motion in the transversal plane may lead to loosening of the implant before union. Therefore, the use of an additional dorsal fixation device should be considered...
- Internet based multicenter study for thoracolumbar injuries: a new concept and preliminary resultsChristian Knop
Trauma Surgery and Sports Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Eur Spine J 15:1687-94. 2006....