S S Biel
Affiliation: Beiersdorf AG
- Are sweat glands an alternate penetration pathway? Understanding the morphological complexity of the axillary sweat gland apparatusK Wilke
Beiersdorf AG, Hamburg, Deutschland
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 19:38-49. 2006..With this tool, we could also confirm the existence of apoeccrine glands and locate them in their 'natural environment'...
- From tissue to cellular ultrastructure: closing the gap between micro- and nanostructural imagingS S Biel
Analytical Microscopy, Beiersdorf AG, Unnastrasse 48, D 20245 Hamburg, Germany
J Microsc 212:91-9. 2003..Then, the cell layer can be cut into a series of ultrathin sections and examined by EM for determination of the subcellular and nanostructural organization...
- Detection of human polyomaviruses in urine from bone marrow transplant patients: comparison of electron microscopy with PCRStefan S Biel
Beiersdorf AG, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Chem 50:306-12. 2004..We studied electron microscopy (EM) as an appropriate test system for the detection of polyomavirus in urine samples from bone marrow transplant patients...
- Visualizing nuclei in skin cryosections: viable options to 4'6-diamidino-2-phenylindol for confocal laser microscopyK Glaser
4226 Advanced Development Deo AP, Beiersdorf AG, Hamburg, Germany
Skin Res Technol 14:324-6. 2008....
- Influence of cleansing on stratum corneum tryptic enzyme in human skinA G Schepky
R and D Beiersdorf AG, Unnastrasse 48, D 20245 Hamburg, Germany
Int J Cosmet Sci 26:245-53. 2004..Using this assay, we developed an improved shower gel formula, which leads to a significantly higher skin enzyme activity after application, compared to a standard market formula...
- Pros and cons: cryo-electron microscopic evaluation of block faces versus cryo-sections from frozen-hydrated skin specimens prepared by different techniquesT Richter
Institute of Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Microsc 225:201-7. 2007....