- Substantia nigra echomorphology in the healthy very old: Correlation with motor slowingS Behnke
Department of Neurology, University of the Saarland, Kirrberger Strasse, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Neuroimage 34:1054-9. 2007..Our results indicate that this simple technique can be used to identify and quantify brain changes associated with subtle motor dysfunction in the very elderly...
- Hyperechogenicity of the substantia nigra in healthy controls is related to MRI changes and to neuronal loss as determined by F-Dopa PETS Behnke
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of the Saarland, Homburg Saar, Germany
Neuroimage 47:1237-43. 2009....
- Echogenic substantia nigra in patients with orthostatic tremorJ Spiegel
Department of Neurology, University of the Saarland, Homburg, Saar, Germany
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 112:915-20. 2005..Previous studies suggest that the nigrostriatal dopaminergic transmission is impaired in patients with primary orthostatic tremor...
- Differentiation of Parkinson's disease and atypical parkinsonian syndromes by transcranial ultrasoundS Behnke
Department of Neurology, University of the Saarland, Gebäude 9066421 Homburg Saar, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 76:423-5. 2005..The underlying causes for the differential echo pattern of the substantia nigra remain unknown...
- Peri-interventional Subarachnoid Hemorrhage During Mechanical Thrombectomy with stent retrievers in Acute Stroke: A Retrospective Case-Control StudyU Yilmaz
Department of Neuroradiology, Saarland University Hospital, Kirrberger Str, 66424, Homburg Saar, Germany
Clin Neuroradiol 25:173-6. 2015..Little is known about the influence of this finding on clinical outcome. The purpose of this study was to investigate the clinical relevance of SAH due to occult perforations during thrombectomy with stent retrievers...
- Does ultrasound disclose a vulnerability factor for Parkinson's disease?S Behnke
Neurologische Universitatsklinik, Universitat des Saarlandes, 66421 Homburg, Germany
J Neurol 250:I24-7. 2003..This hypothesis of changes in SN echomorphology reflecting a risk factor of PD has to be proved in longitudinal studies...
- Screening for mutations of the IRP2 gene in Parkinson's disease patients with hyperechogenicity of the substantia nigraJ Deplazes
Institute for Human Genetics, University of Tubingen, Germany
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 111:515-21. 2004..In one patient a -74C > T variation was found which was not present in the control group. Our data indicate that mutations in the IRP2 gene are not a common cause of PD associated with SN iron accumulation...
- Ceruloplasmin gene variations and substantia nigra hyperechogenicity in Parkinson diseaseH Hochstrasser
Institute for Medical Genetics, University of Tuebingen, Germany
Neurology 63:1912-7. 2004..However, sequence variations in genes involved in iron metabolism have been linked to basal ganglia disorders. One of these is ceruloplasmin (Cp), which is vitally involved in iron transport across the cell membrane...
- Application of transcranial sonography in extrapyramidal disorders: updated recommendationsD Berg
Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research and Institute for Medical Genetics, University of Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Ultraschall Med 27:12-9. 2006..This article provides an overview of these principles and typical findings in distinct extrapyramidal disorders...