- First agreement analysis and day-to-day comparison of pharyngeal pH monitoring with pH/impedance monitoring in patients with suspected laryngopharyngeal refluxValentin Becker
Medical Department, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, II, Munich, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 16:1096-101. 2012..We evaluated results of Dx-pH with objective criteria of pH/impedance monitoring (MII) and subjective reflux scoring systems and assessed day-to-day variability...
- [Partial Budd-Chiari syndrome associated with a hypereosinophilic syndrome]V Becker
Klinikum rechts der Isar, 2 Medizinische Klinik, Munchen
Z Gastroenterol 44:173-7. 2006..We postulate an association because endothelium damage and thrombosis is reported in hypereosinophilic syndromes. Elevated liver enzymes in a patient with hypereosinophilic syndrome could be associated with a Budd-Chiari syndrome...
- Infected necrosis in severe pancreatitis--combined nonsurgical multi-drainage with directed transabdominal high-volume lavage in critically ill patientsV Becker
Second Medical Department, Klinikum rechts der Isar, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Pancreatology 9:280-6. 2009..We present a strategy combining percutaneous and transgastric drainage with continuous high-volume lavage for treatment of extended necroses and liquid collections in a series of patients with severe acute pancreatitis...
- Probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy compared with standard four-quadrant biopsy for evaluation of neoplasia in Barrett's esophagusM Bajbouj
II Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
Endoscopy 42:435-40. 2010..We assessed the ability of probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy (pCLE) to replace biopsy in the endoscopic evaluation of patients with Barrett's esophagus in a prospective and controlled setting...
- Long-term follow-up in patients with indeterminate Barrett esophagusV Becker
Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Digestion 88:161-4. 2013..e. endoscopic visible columnar metaplasia but no histological confirmation of goblet cells or vice versa, debate has risen on the risk of malignancy and the need for endoscopic surveillance in such patients...
- Multimodal endoscopic therapy for multifocal intraepithelial neoplasia and superficial esophageal squamous cell carcinoma - a case seriesV Becker
2nd Medicinal Department, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich, Germany
Endoscopy 43:360-4. 2011..No major adverse events occurred. In conclusion, in selected patients with multifocal or residual SESCC, local resection techniques in combination with radiofrequency ablation may be safe and potentially curative alternative treatments...
- Esophageal bougination: a novel ex vivo endoscopic training model correlated with clinical dataV Becker
II Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstr 22, 81675, Munich, Germany
Surg Endosc . 2016..Aim of the study was to establish a realistic ex vivo training model. Therefore, detailed assessment of relevant mechanical features of esophageal bougination should be evaluated ex vivo and in patient setting and correlated against...
- Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery: cardiopulmonary safety of transesophageal mediastinoscopyS von Delius
Medizinische Klinik II, Technische Universitat Munchen, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich, Germany
Endoscopy 42:405-12. 2010..The aim of the current study was to assess cardiopulmonary changes during transesophageal mediastinoscopy in an acute porcine model...
- Clinical trial: persistent gastro-oesophageal reflux symptoms despite standard therapy with proton pump inhibitors - a follow-up study of intraluminal-impedance guided therapyV Becker
II Medical Department Internal Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 26:1355-60. 2007..Combined pH/impedance monitoring (pH/MII) enables detection of reflux episodes. Aim To identify patients with objective episodes of persistent reflux and second, to evaluate the effect of modified therapy based on the results of pH/MII...
- Confocal laser scanning fluorescence microscopy for in vivo determination of microvessel density in Barrett's esophagusV Becker
Department of Medicine II, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Endoscopy 40:888-91. 2008..We aimed therefore to use this new promising imaging tool for the evaluation of MVD in Barrett's esophagus and associated neoplasia...
- True adenomas of the cardia: a case series of 3 patientsM Bajbouj
2nd Medical Department, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Digestion 77:65-7. 2008..True adenomas of the cardia appear to be extremely rare lesions. There are no data on the natural history and histopathological background of these lesions. We report 3 patients with true adenomas of the cardia...
- High-resolution manometry in patients with eosinophilic esophagitis under topical steroid therapy-a prospective observational study (HIMEOS-study)S Nennstiel
II Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Neurogastroenterol Motil 28:599-607. 2016..The aim of this study was to evaluate HRM in symptomatic EoE-patients under topical steroid treatment...
- Classification of probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy findings in pancreaticobiliary stricturesA Meining
Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich, Germany
Endoscopy 44:251-7. 2012..the objective of this study was to develop and validate a standard descriptive classification of pcle in the pancreaticobiliary system...