Affiliation: BASF Aktiengesellschaft
- Malformations of the great vessels in the neonatal rat induced by N-(2-aminoethyl)ethanolamineSteffen Schneider
BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 95:95-106. 2012..In comparison, the background incidence of aneurysms in untreated 4-day old offspring was 0.2% (Treumann et al., 2011: Toxicol Pathol 39:969-974). Consequently, the findings in groups 2-4 cannot be conclusively attributed to treatment...
- Skeletal examination by double staining for ossified bone and cartilaginous tissueSteffen Schneider
BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 947:215-21. 2013..The staining of the cartilage allows the examination to assess ossified structures and their underlying cartilage in a single step...
- Epoxiconazole-induced degeneration in rat placenta and the effects of estradiol supplementationMaria Cecilia Rey Moreno
Department of Experimental Toxicology and Ecology, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 98:208-21. 2013....
- Effects of estrogen coadministration on epoxiconazole toxicity in ratsStefan Stinchcombe
Product Safety, Regulations, Toxicology and Ecology, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 98:247-59. 2013..The human relevance is best addressed in a species which is closer to humans with reference to placentation and hormonal regulation of pregnancy, such as the guinea pig (Schneider et al., 2013)...
- Polyethylene glycol-g-polyvinyl alcohol grafted copolymer: reproductive toxicity study in Wistar ratsFranziska F Heuschmid
Product Safety Department, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen
Food Chem Toxicol 51:S24-35. 2013....
- Vinclozolin--no transgenerational inheritance of anti-androgenic effects after maternal exposure during organogenesis via the intraperitoneal routeSteffen Schneider
Experimental Toxicology and Ecotoxicology, BASF SE, 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Reprod Toxicol 37:6-14. 2013..Sperm count, morphology and motility were not affected in F1-F4 generation male offspring. In conclusion, transgenerational inheritance of Vinclozolin's anti-androgenic effects was not evident in outbred Wistar rats...
- Investigations of putative reproductive toxicity of low-dose exposures to flutamide in Wistar ratsKarma C Fussell
Experimental Toxicology and Ecology, BASF SE, 67056, Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
Arch Toxicol 89:2385-402. 2015..The results of all five doses indicate the absence of evidence for effects at very low dose levels. A non-monotonic dose-response relationship was not evident for the anti-androgenic drug flutamide...
- Developmental toxicity of polyethylene glycol-g-polyvinyl alcohol grafted copolymer in rats and rabbitsFranziska F Heuschmid
Product Safety Department, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Food Chem Toxicol 51:S14-23. 2013..Under the conditions of these studies, the no-observed-adverse-effect level (NOAEL) for maternal and developmental toxicity in both species was the highest dose tested of 1000 mg/kg bw/day...
- Species differences in developmental toxicity of epoxiconazole and its relevance to humansSteffen Schneider
Experimental Toxicology and Ecology, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 98:230-46. 2013..In contrast, the pregnant guinea pig shares many similarities to pregnant humans regarding hormonal regulation and is therefore considered to be a suitable species for extrapolation of related effects to humans...
- Anti-androgenicity can only be evaluated using a weight of evidence approachStephanie Melching-Kollmuß
BASF SE, Product Safety, 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 68:175-92. 2014..Based on this analysis and in comparison to the WoE evaluation, it was found, that caution should be exercised when using the endpoint PPS in hazard assessment...
- Vinclozolin: a feasibility and sensitivity study of the ILSI-HESI F1-extended one-generation rat reproduction protocolSteffen Schneider
Department of Experimental Toxicology and Ecology, BASF SE, 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 59:91-100. 2011..The overall sensitivity of the extended one-generation protocol is comparable to or even greater than the current two-generation study. Thus it reduces animal use while maintaining or enhancing information for risk assessment...
- Spontaneous occurrence of dissecting aneurysms in the region of the ductus arteriosus in four-day-old Wistar rat pupsSilke Treumann
Product Safety, BASF SE, 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Toxicol Pathol 39:969-74. 2011..Special attention should be paid in experimental studies to avoid confusing these small spontaneous lesions with treatment-induced lesions or artifacts...
- A developmental toxicity study of 3S, 3'S-Astaxanthin in New Zealand white rabbitsSteffen Schneider
BASF SE, Experimental Toxicology and Ecology, 67056, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Food Chem Toxicol 90:95-101. 2016..It is concluded that administration of 3S, 3'S-Astaxanthin in a gelatin/carbohydrate powder formulation throughout pregnancy up to 400 mg/kg body weight/day is without harmful effects on reproduction or fetal development. ..