- Gamma-delta T-cells in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckMurat Bas
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Duesseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Oral Oncol 42:691-7. 2006..The current study implies that increased frequencies of gamma/delta-T-cells in patients with SCCHN may not only be the result of tumor-host interactions but the consequence of applied treatment modalities...
- Therapeutic efficacy of icatibant in angioedema induced by angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors: a case seriesMurat Bas
Hals, Nasen und Ohrenklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Strasse 22, Munich, Germany
Ann Emerg Med 56:278-82. 2010..We hypothesize that the bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist icatibant might be an effective therapy for ACEi-induced angioedema...
- [Emergency management of acute angioedema]Murat Bas
Hals, Nasen und Ohrenklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 135:1027-31. 2010..The following article gives an overview of the diagnostics and treatment in the emergency situation of "acute angioedema", especially if swelling of the head-and-neck region is present...
- Potential genetic risk factors in angiotensin-converting enzyme-inhibitor-induced angio-oedemaMurat Bas
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 69:179-86. 2010..We have investigated the impact of ACE insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism in combination with serum ACE activity as well as the bradykinin B2 receptor 2/3 and c.C181T polymorphisms...
- [ACE-inhibitor induced angioedema]M Bas
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Laryngorhinootologie 86:804-8, quiz 809-13. 2007..Typical sites of manifestation are lips, tongue, and larynx. Novel pharmacotherapies may allow a causal treatment of the ACE-inhibitor induced angioedema in the future...
- [Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor induced angioedema : new therapy options]M Bas
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Deutschland
Anaesthesist 60:1141-5. 2011..A single subcutaneous injection of 30 mg icatibant resulted in a rapid onset of symptom relief and a remarkable shortening of duration of the attack...
- Head and neck sarcoidosis, from wait and see to tumor necrosis factor alpha therapy: a pilot studyAndreas Knopf
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Head Neck 35:715-9. 2013..To suggest treatment modalities with respect to the specific requirements of head and neck sarcoidosis...
- Acute arterial hemorrhage following radiotherapy of oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomaJens Greve
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 186:269-73. 2010..Vascular erosion is a rare but life-threatening complication after radiotherapy. The authors report on acute arterial bleeding and its therapy following radiotherapy of oropharyngeal tumors...
- Clinical aspects of granulomatosis with polyangiitis affecting the head and neckAndreas Knopf
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675, Munich, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 272:185-93. 2015..Based on our findings, we suggest early and sufficient systemic therapy for all HN-GPA. Nasal mucosal "blind" biopsy should be performed in patients with elevated auto-antibodies but lacking clinical head and neck manifestations...
- Successful long-term treatment with the bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist icatibant in a patient with hereditary angioedemaJens Greve
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital Essen, University Duisburg, Essen, Germany
Int J Dermatol 50:1294-5. 2011..It is characterized by recurrent subcutaneous or submucosal edema attacks in various organs with a frequency from a few attacks to over one hundred attacks per year...
- Cyclin B1 expression and p53 status in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neckThomas K Hoffmann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45147 Essen, Germany
Anticancer Res 31:3151-7. 2011..We aimed to determine cyclin B1 expression in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck (SCCHN) and correlate it with p53 status and clinicopathological parameters...
- A novel mechanism for anti-EGFR antibody action involves chemokine-mediated leukocyte infiltrationThomas K Hoffmann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Cancer 124:2589-96. 2009..This novel mechanism for anti-EGFR mAb action may contribute to the antitumor effects of anti-EGFR mAb in vivo...
- Aberrant cytokine expression in serum of patients with adenoid cystic carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckThomas K Hoffmann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Heinrich Heine University, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Head Neck 29:472-8. 2007..Our objective was to characterize and compare cytokine profiles in the systemic circulation of patients with SCC and ACC...
- Treatment of angiotensin receptor blocker-induced angioedema: A case seriesUlrich Strassen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Laryngoscope 125:1619-23. 2015..To date, a standard treatment for angiotensin II receptor blocker-induced angioedema does not exist...
- Potential role of vasomotor effects of fibrinogen in bradykinin-induced angioedemaMurat Bas
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:969-75.e2. 2008..Although bradykinin is known to play a major role in the pathophysiology of hereditary and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEi)-induced angioedema, other factors acting as triggers or enhancers are likely important as well...
- A randomized trial of icatibant in ACE-inhibitor-induced angioedemaMurat Bas
From the Department of Otorhinolaryngology M B, U S, Münchner Studienzentrum B S, and Institut für Medizinische Statistik und Epidemiologie A H, V K, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, and the Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Grosshadern Medical Center of the University of Munich K S, M H, Munich, The Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Ulm University Medical Center, Ulm J G, N R, J V, T K H, and the Institute of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital Dusseldorf, Düsseldorf G K all in Germany
N Engl J Med 372:418-25. 2015..There is no approved treatment for this potentially life-threatening condition...
- Rheumatic disorders affecting the head and neck: underestimated diseasesAndreas Knopf
Technische Universitat Munchen, Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, Munchen, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:2029-34. 2011..To describe the clinical manifestations of rheumatic disorders with isolated head and neck (H&N) affection and to introduce a novel diagnostic pathway...
- Oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes in squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue in young patientsAndreas Knopf
Technische Universitat Munchen, Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Oncotarget 6:3443-51. 2015..The occurrence of squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue (SCCT) of young patients increased. There are still controversies about patient prognosis. The underlying molecular mechanisms remain unclear...
- Multimodal ultrasonographic characterisation of parotid gland lesions--a pilot studyAndreas Knopf
Technische Universitat Munchen, Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Eur J Radiol 81:3300-5. 2012..The reliable pre-operative assessment of the lesional dignity might reduce patient's morbidity preventing re-surgery. To date, there exists no imaging technique which reliably distinguishes tumour entities...
- T cells specific for HPV16 E7 epitopes in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the oropharynxThomas K Hoffmann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Duesseldorf, Germany
Int J Cancer 118:1984-91. 2006....
- Aural myiasis in a patient with Alzheimer's diseasePascal Werminghaus
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:851-3. 2008..Aural manifestation of myiasis may become dangerous if the petrous bone is affected. Entomological aspects, clinical characteristics, and treatment of this rare disease are reviewed...
- Clinical efficacy of icatibant in the treatment of acute hereditary angioedema during the FAST-3 trialMurat Bas
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich 81675, Germany
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 8:707-17. 2012..In addition, icatibant was generally well tolerated and no drug-related serious adverse events were experienced...
- Increased C-reactive protein in ACE-inhibitor-induced angioedemaM Bas
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 59:233-8. 2005..This study was designed to identify new factors which may contribute to angiotensin-converting-enzyme-inhibitor (ACEI)-induced angioedema...
- Nonallergic angioedema: role of bradykininM Bas
Hals, Nasen und Ohrenklinik, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Allergy 62:842-56. 2007..According to currently available reports, these drugs may improve the treatment of kinin-induced angioedema...
- Novel pharmacotherapy of acute hereditary angioedema with bradykinin B2-receptor antagonist icatibantM Bas
Klinik fur Hals, Nasen und Ohrenheilkunde, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Moorenstr 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Allergy 61:1490-2. 2006
- [Angioedema due to ACE inhibitors and AT(1) receptor antagonists]M C Hellebrand
Hals, Nasen und Ohrenklinik, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf
Hautarzt 57:808-10. 2006..This medication also led to angioedema, which was not immediately recognized as medication-associated. AT(1)-receptor antagonists are not suitable alternatives for ACEi because they also carry an increased risk for inducing angioedema...
- [ACE inhibitor-induced angioedema in the head and neck region. A matter of time?]M Bas
Hals Nasen Ohren Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf
HNO 52:886-90. 2004..So far, little is known about the time between the first application of ACEI and the occurrence of angioedema, or of possible cofactors and laboratory changes...