P C Baier
- Assessment of spontaneously occurring periodic limb movements in sleep in the ratPaul Christian Baier
Sleep Pharmacology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstr 2 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
J Neurol Sci 198:71-7. 2002..The objective of this study is to explore whether a PLMS-like phenomenon can be observed in rodents in order to elucidate the underlying mechanisms...
- Circadian variation in restless legs syndromeP C Baier
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Georg August University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Sleep Med 8:645-50. 2007..This contribution reviews the current literature on circadian variation in RLS and discusses potential intrinsic and extrinsic causes...
- Behavioral changes in unilaterally 6-hydroxy-dopamine lesioned rats after transplantation of differentiated mouse embryonic stem cells without morphological integrationPaul Christian Baier
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Stem Cells 22:396-404. 2004..In this study, we aimed to investigate differentiated mouse ES cells regarding their in vivo development and fate after transplantation in the striatum in the 6-OHDA rat model and the behavioral changes induced after transplantation...
- Circadian distribution of motor-activity in unilaterally 6-hydroxy-dopamine lesioned ratsPaul Christian Baier
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Georg August University Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Exp Brain Res 169:283-8. 2006..In order to further elucidate the described phenomena, it will be necessary to perform studies combining sleep recordings with locomotor activity measurements...
- Diurnal time course of heat pain perception in healthy humansC G Bachmann
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, University Medical Centre, Georg August University, Robert Koch Strasse 40, D 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Neurosci Lett 489:122-5. 2011....
- Growth hormone response in low-dose apomorphine test correlates with nigrostriatal dopamine transporter binding in patients with Parkinson's diseaseS Happe
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 114:589-94. 2007..490 and -0.587; p between 0.04 and 0.01). Challenge with low-dose apomorphine may therefore be used as an indirect tool to measure the extent of nigrostriatal neurodegeneration in early PD...
- Fate of pre-differentiated mouse embryonic stem cells transplanted in unilaterally 6-hydroxydopamine lesioned rats: histological characterization of the grafted cellsKeneuoe Thinyane
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, University Göttingen, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Brain Res 1045:80-7. 2005..After 5 weeks, two out of fifteen graft recipients had tumors indicating that pre-differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells using this differentiation protocol is not sufficient to prevent tumor formation...
- A highly sensitive automated complex running wheel test to detect latent motor deficits in the mouse MPTP model of Parkinson's diseaseDavid Liebetanz
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Georg August University, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37099 Gottingen, Germany
Exp Neurol 205:207-13. 2007..The automated full time data collection of several different running parameters makes it also a suitable test for efficient in vivo screening of potential therapeutic compounds in this model for PD...
- The tumorigenicity of mouse embryonic stem cells and in vitro differentiated neuronal cells is controlled by the recipients' immune responseRalf Dressel
Department of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e2622. 2008..Interestingly, the differentiated cells must contain a tumorigenic cell population that is not present among ES cells and which might be resistant to NK cell-mediated killing...
- The official World Association of Sleep Medicine (WASM) standards for recording and scoring periodic leg movements in sleep (PLMS) and wakefulness (PLMW) developed in collaboration with a task force from the International Restless Legs Syndrome Study GrouMarco Zucconi
Sleep Disorders Center, San Raffaele Hospital, Milano, Italy
Sleep Med 7:175-83. 2006
- Association of daytime sleepiness with nigrostriatal dopaminergic degeneration in early Parkinson's diseaseSvenja Happe
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
J Neurol 254:1037-43. 2007..Its etiology, however, is still not fully understood. The aim of this study was to examine if the amount of nigrostriatal dopaminergic degeneration is associated with subjective daytime sleepiness in patients with PD...
- Restless Legs Syndrome induced by impairment of sensory spinal pathwaysTobias Tings
J Neurol 250:499-500. 2003
- Animal studies in restless legs syndromePaul Christian Baier
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Christian Albrechts University Kiel, Niemannsweg 147, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Mov Disord 22:S459-65. 2007..This review discusses the general and specific prerequisites necessary for the establishment of animal models for RLS and summarizes the approaches that have been made...