Affiliation: Bad Bevensen
- The dynamic bubble trap reduces microbubbles in extracorporeal circulation and high intensity transient signals in the middle cerebral artery: a case reportMathias Perthel
Division of Cardiac Surgery, Herz Kreislauf Klinik, Bad Bevensen, Germany
Perfusion 18:325-9. 2003..A DBT, integrated in ECC for routine CABG, effectively reduces air bubbles, thus protecting the cerebrovascular system from microembolization, as demonstrated by lower HITS counts...
- Use of a dynamic bubble trap in the arterial line reduces microbubbles during cardiopulmonary bypass and microembolic signals in the middle cerebral arteryMathias Perthel
Herz Kreislauf Klinik Bevensen, Department for Cardiothoracic Surgery, Bad Bevensen, Germany
Perfusion 20:151-6. 2005..7%, corresponding to a reduction in MES of about 86.2%. We conclude that the insertion of a DBT in the arterial line of CPB circuit protects the cerebrovascular system from microembolic events, as demonstrated by lower MES counts...
- Comparison of conventional extracorporeal circulation and minimal extracorporeal circulation with respect to microbubbles and microembolic signalsM Perthel
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Herz und Gefässzentrum Bad Bevensen, Bad Bevensen, Germany
Perfusion 20:329-33. 2005..For this reason, the avoidance of air contamination is a major concern for surgeons, anaesthesiologists and perfusionists...
- Neuropsychological deficits after mechanical aortic valve replacementJennifer Uekermann
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, Ruhr University of Bochum, Herz Kreislauf Klinik Bevensen, Bad Bevensen, Germany
J Heart Valve Dis 14:338-43. 2005..Although cognitive dysfunction in relation to HITS was reported in some studies, the current data basis is inconsistent. The study aim was to investigate the long-term effects of HITS on cognitive function...
- Clinical advantages of using mini-bypass systems in terms of blood product use, postoperative bleeding and air entrainment: an in vivo clinical perspectiveMathias Perthel
Clinic for Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery, Cardiovascular Center Bad Bevensen, Roemstedter Strasse 25, 29549 Bad Bevensen, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:1070-5; discussion 1075. 2007..Our goal was to also demonstrate that these small systems are effective in gaseous microemboli (GME) management as compared to a conventional extracorporeal system...