Affiliation: Bad Nauheim
- Expression of apoptosis-related proteins, p53, and DNA fragmentation in sarcomas of the pulmonary arteryA Gaumann
Institute of Pathology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Cancer 92:1237-44. 2001..In particular, members of the Bcl-2 family as well as the Fas system are known to be involved in the regulation of apoptosis in different tumor entities...
- Expression of matrix-degrading cysteine proteinase cathepsin K in cholesteatomaT Hansen
Institute of Pathology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Mod Pathol 14:1226-31. 2001..Strong expression of this collagenolytic enzyme in osteoclasts suggests that these cells are mainly involved in cathepsin K-mediated bone destruction...
- Expression of cysteine proteinases cathepsins B and K and of cysteine proteinase inhibitor cystatin C in giant cell tumor of tendon sheathT Hansen
Institute of Pathology, Johannes Gutenberg-University, Mainz, Germany
Mod Pathol 14:318-24. 2001..Because previous studies showed that osteoclasts express high levels of CD68, cathepsin K, and cystatin C but not of cathepsin B, our study contributes to the view that GC of GCTTS and osteoclasts are closely associated...
- Surgical treatment of pulmonary artery sarcomaE Mayer
Department for Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Pathology, and Radiology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 121:77-82. 2001..Surgical resection improves clinical symptoms and offers the only chance of cure. We report the case histories of 7 patients with primary pulmonary artery sarcomas treated by surgical resection with or without adjuvant therapy...
- Expression of drug resistance related proteins in sarcomas of the pulmonary artery and poorly differentiated leiomyosarcomas of other originA Gaumann
Institute of Pathology, University Clinics Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101, Mainz, Germany
Virchows Arch 442:529-37. 2003..Our findings underline the fact that multiple factors contribute to chemoresistance and that examination of a spectrum of relevant molecules is probably necessary to plan the best therapy...
- Exploration of the APC/beta-catenin (WNT) pathway and a histologic classification system for pulmonary artery intimal sarcoma. A study of 18 casesA Gaumann
Institute of Pathology, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, D 93042, Regensburg, Germany
Virchows Arch 453:473-84. 2008..Despite myofibroblastic phenotype, APC/beta-catenin pathway changes are rare. Cyclin D1, only expressed in the myxofibrosarcoma-type, is likely transcribed via factors other than beta-catenin...
- Cathepsin K in aseptic hip prosthesis loosening: expression in osteoclasts without polyethylene wear particlesT Hansen
Institute of Pathology and the Clinic of Orthopedics, University of Mainz, Germany
J Rheumatol 28:1615-9. 2001..Using double labeling of immunohistochemistry and Oil Red staining we observed that the cathepsin K-expressing osteoclasts did not include PE particles...
- Low-grade abdominopelvic sarcoma with myofibroblastic features (low-grade myofibroblastic sarcoma): clinicopathological, immunohistochemical, molecular genetic and ultrastructural study of two cases with literature reviewA Agaimy
Institute of Pathology, Nuremberg Clinic Centre, Nuremberg, Germany
J Clin Pathol 61:301-6. 2008..Intra-abdominal LGMS are rare with only four unequivocal examples reported so far. Two further cases in females in their 60s and 70s are analysed here...
- Expression of LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18) and ICAM-1 (CD54) in an animal model of renal interstitial fibrosis induced by unilateral ureteral obstructionJ Kriegsman
Institute of Pathology, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany
Exp Toxicol Pathol 52:185-91. 2000..ICAM-1 interstitial tissue may facilitate the homing and persistence of an interstitial infiltrate by ICAM-1/LFA-1 interactions, thereby preceding the development of renal interstitial fibrosis...
- Haemangiopericytoma of the thyroid gland in combination with Hashimoto's diseaseT Hansen
Institute of Pathology, Johannes Gutenberg, University of Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Virchows Arch 445:315-9. 2004..The combination of HP and Hashimoto's disease is most probably a coincidental event. However, this case confirms previous reports demonstrating that in patients with Hashimoto's disease different neoplasias can occur...