Genomes and Genes
Daniela E Aust
- Serrated polyps of the colon and rectum (hyperplastic polyps, sessile serrated adenomas, traditional serrated adenomas, and mixed polyps)-proposal for diagnostic criteriaDaniela E Aust
Institute for Pathology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, TU Dresden, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Virchows Arch 457:291-7. 2010....
- [Histological diagnosis and complications of celiac disease. Update according to the new S2k guidelines]D E Aust
Institut für Pathologie des Universitätsklinikums Carl Gustav Carus, TU Dresden, Fetscherstr 74, 01309, Dresden, Deutschland
Pathologe 36:197-205; quiz 206-7. 2015..Unchanged or recurrent symptoms under gluten-free diet may indicate refractory celiac disease. Enteropathy-associated T-cell lymphoma and adenocarcinomas of the small intestine are known complications of celiac disease. ..
- Germline truncating-mutations in BRCA1 and MSH6 in a patient with early onset endometrial cancerKarin Kast
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
BMC Cancer 12:531. 2012..Carriers of both germline mutations in breast cancer genes BRCA1 or BRCA2 and in mismatch repair (MMR) genes MLH1, MSH2, MSH6 or PMS2 are very rare...
- [Histopathology of microscopic colitis]D E Aust
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, TU Dresden, Fetscherstr 74, 01307 Dresden
Pathologe 33:221-4. 2012....
- What can molecular pathology offer for optimal decision making?D E Aust
Institute for Pathology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, TU Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Ann Oncol 23:x63-70. 2012..Biomarkers with known implications in advanced CRC will be discussed in this paper...
- [WHO classification 2010 for the lower gastrointestinal tract: what is new?]D E Aust
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, TU Dresden, Fetscherstr 74, 01307, Dresden, Deutschland
Pathologe 32:326-31. 2011..This manuscript will give an overview of the most important changes within the new WHO classification of colorectal tumors...
- [Polyps of the colorectum: non-neoplastic and non-hamartomatous]D E Aust
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus an der TU Dresden, Fetscherstr 74, 01309, Dresden, Deutschland
Pathologe 32:297-302. 2011..The etiology, endoscopic and histological appearance of these entities and their most important differential diagnoses are discussed...
- [Nonbacterial colitides]D E Aust
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus der TU Dresden, Fetscherstr 74, 01307, Dresden, Deutschland
Pathologe 32:379-83. 2011..This manuscript will give an overview of the spectrum of pathogenic germs, the clinical symptoms, and pathological findings of the most important infections...
- Mutations of the BRAF gene in ulcerative colitis-related colorectal carcinomaDaniela E Aust
Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, TU Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Int J Cancer 115:673-7. 2005..Disruption of the Raf/MEK/ERK (MAPK) kinase pathway-either through RAS or BRAF mutation-was detected in 27% of all UC-related cancers and thus plays an important role in UC-related carcinogenesis...
- Prognostic value of histologic tumor regression, thymidylate synthase, thymidine phosphorylase, and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase in rectal cancer UICC Stage II/III after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapyChristiane Jakob
Institute for Pathology, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1169-74. 2006..Furthermore, measurement of posttherapeutical TS-gene expression may help to identify patients at higher risk for cancer recurrence...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of thymidylate synthase, thymidine phosphorylase, and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase in rectal cancer (cUICC II/III): correlation with histopathologic tumor regression after 5-fluorouracil-based long-term neoadjuvant chemoradChristiane Jakob
Institute for Pathology, University of Technology, Fetscherstrasse 74, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Am J Surg Pathol 29:1304-9. 2005..However, precise results can only be achieved if staining intensity as well as staining pattern within the tumors are evaluated...
- Predictive value of Ki67 and p53 in locally advanced rectal cancer: correlation with thymidylate synthase and histopathological tumor regression after neoadjuvant 5-FU-based chemoradiotherapyChristiane Jakob
Institute for Pathology, University of Technology, Fetscherstr 74, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 14:1060-6. 2008..To investigate the predictive value of Ki67 and p53 and their correlation with thymidylate synthase (TS) gene expression in a rectal cancer patient cohort treated according to a standardized recommended neoadjuvant treatment regimen...
- Compound heterozygosity for two MSH6 mutations in a patient with early onset of HNPCC-associated cancers, but without hematological malignancy and brain tumorJens Plaschke
Department of Surgical Research, Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 14:561-6. 2006..Our data suggest considering biallelic mutations in MMR genes for patients who develop HNPCC-associated tumors at an unusually young age of onset, even without hematological or brain malignancies...
- Thymidylate synthase genotypes and tumour regression in stage II/III rectal cancer patients after neoadjuvant fluorouracil-based chemoradiationJan Stoehlmacher
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, Haematology and Medical Oncology, Fetscherstr 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Cancer Lett 272:221-5. 2008..We assessed the impact of standardized pre-operative CT/RT and intratumoural mRNA levels and polymorphisms of the TS gene on histopathological tumour regression...
- Lymphangiogenesis in regional lymph nodes is an independent prognostic marker in rectal cancer patients after neoadjuvant treatmentChristiane Jakob
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e27402. 2011..Furthermore, addition of VEGF-blocking agents to standardized neoadjuvant treatment schemes might be indicated in advanced rectal cancer...
- Thymidylate synthase, thymidine phosphorylase, dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase expression, and histological tumour regression after 5-FU-based neo-adjuvant chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancerChristiane Jakob
Institute for Pathology, University of Technology, Fetscherstrasse 74, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Pathol 204:562-8. 2004..Moreover, intra-tumoural TS- and TP-gene expression in surgical rectal specimens after neo-adjuvant chemoradiotherapy correlates significantly with histopathological tumour regression when microdissection is applied...
- Vascular endothelial cadherin promotes breast cancer progression via transforming growth factor beta signalingMyriam Labelle
Institute of Pathology, University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Cancer Res 68:1388-97. 2008..Our findings may have important implications for the clinical application of anti-VE-cadherin strategies...
- A rare case of pancreatic endometriosis in a postmenopausal woman and review of the literatureVerena Plodeck
Institut und Poliklinik für Radiologische Diagnostik, Dresden, Germany
Acta Radiol Open 5:2058460116669385. 2016..Preoperative diagnosis is challenging and most patients undergo resection because of suspected neoplasm. Thorough diagnostic workup may help in avoiding extensive surgery and reduce postoperative complications...
- RNA quality in fresh-frozen gastrointestinal tumor specimens-experiences from the tumor and healthy tissue bank TU DresdenSilke Zeugner
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Fetscherstr 74, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Recent Results Cancer Res 199:85-93. 2015..Tissue preservation with a vacuum sealer leads to preserved RNA quality over an extended period of time and offers a feasible alternative to minimize the influence of transport time into pathology. ..
- Intestinal microvascular malformations and congenital asplenia in an adolescent possibly expanding the phenotype of Ivemark syndromeChristiane Würfel
Departments of Pediatrics, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1258-61. 2011..We therefore envison that in times of refined diagnostic techniques the phenotype of the Ivemark syndrome might be expanded by including microvascular malformations...
- Loss of heterozygosity and copy number abnormality in clear cell renal cell carcinoma discovered by high-density affymetrix 10K single nucleotide polymorphism mapping arrayMarieta I Toma
Institute for Pathology, University of Technology Dresden, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Neoplasia 10:634-42. 2008..Genome-wide SNP array analysis not only confirmed previously described large chromosomal aberrations but also detected novel microdeletions in genes potentially involved in tumor genesis of cc-RCC...
- Characterization of macrophage subpopulations and microvessel density in carcinomas of the gastrointestinal tractDenise Sickert
Institute for Physiological Chemistry, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, University of Technology Dresden, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Anticancer Res 27:1693-700. 2007..The role of tumor associated macrophages (TAMs) in tumor angiogenesis and inflammation and the interactions between TAMs and tumor cells as well as lymphocytes appear to be critical factors in the development and progression of cancer...
- Ten novel MSH2 and MLH1 germline mutations in families with HNPCCStefan Kruger
Department of Surgical Research, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Hum Mutat 24:351-2. 2004..In the tumor from the patient with the missense mutation c.122A>G [p.D41G] a normal expression of the proteins coded by MLH1 and MSH2 was noticed...
- Lymph node status and TS gene expression are prognostic markers in stage II/III rectal cancer after neoadjuvant fluorouracil-based chemoradiotherapyTorsten Liersch
Department of General Surgery, University Medical Center, Gottingen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:4062-8. 2006..We assessed the impact of standardized preoperative CT/RT and intratumoral TS, TP, and DPD levels on patient outcome...
- High resolution analysis of chromosome 18 alterations in ulcerative colitis-related colorectal cancerJonathan P Terdiman
Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 136:129-37. 2002..SMAD2 was retained in four tumors having loss of SMAD4 and DCC. Loss of SMAD4 alone was seen in one tumor. The present data indicate that the loss of SMAD4 and DCC occurs in the majority of colitis-related cancers...
- The APC/beta-catenin pathway in ulcerative colitis-related colorectal carcinomas: a mutational analysisDaniela E Aust
Pathologisches Institut der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Munchen, Germany
Cancer 94:1421-7. 2002..To elucidate the role of the APC-/beta-catenin pathway in UC-related carcinogenesis, the authors identified APC and beta-catenin mutations in a set of UC-related and sporadic colorectal carcinomas...
- Matrix-comparative genomic hybridization from multicenter formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded colorectal cancer tissue blocksHeiko Fensterer
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
BMC Cancer 7:58. 2007..Multicentric clinical studies represent an ideal source of well documented archived material for this type of analyses...
- Prevalence of the mismatch-repair-deficient phenotype in colonic adenomas arising in HNPCC patients: results of a 5-year follow-up studyAnnegret Müller
Department of General Surgery, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 21:632-41. 2006..Therefore, screening for MMR deficiency should not be applied routinely in adenomas with the goal to identify HNPCC patients...