Affiliation: Asklepios Katharina Schroth Spinal Deformities Rehabilitation Centre
- Selection criteria for radiofrequency ablation for colorectal liver metastases in the era of effective systemic therapy: a clinical score based proposalAxel Stang
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Rübenkamp 220, 22291 Hamburg, Germany
BMC Cancer 14:500. 2014..We aimed to define selection criteria for patients with liver-limited CLM who may benefit from adding RFA to systemic therapy with respect to long-term disease control...
- A systematic review on the clinical benefit and role of radiofrequency ablation as treatment of colorectal liver metastasesAxel Stang
Department of Oncology, Asklepios Hospital Hamburg Altona, Germany
Eur J Cancer 45:1748-56. 2009..To evaluate the role of radiofrequency ablation (RFA) as treatment of colorectal cancer liver metastases (CLMs)...
- Differentiation of benign from malignant focal splenic lesions using sulfur hexafluoride-filled microbubble contrast-enhanced pulse-inversion sonographyAxel Stang
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Asklepios Klinik Altona, Paul Ehrlich Strasse 1, D 22763 Hamburg, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:709-21. 2009..The purpose of our study was to evaluate whether sonographic characterization of focal splenic lesions could be improved by using low mechanical index pulse-inversion sonography after sulfur hexafluoride-filled microbubble injection...
- Real-time ultrasonography-computed tomography fusion imaging for staging of hepatic metastatic involvement in patients with colorectal cancer: initial results from comparison to US seeing separate CT images and to multidetector-row CT aloneAxel Stang
Department of Oncology, Asklepios Hospital Altona, Hamburg, Germany
Invest Radiol 45:491-501. 2010....
- Incidentally detected splenic lesions in ultrasound: does contrast-enhanced ultrasonography improve the differentiation of benign hemangioma/hamartoma from malignant lesions?A Stang
Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Palliative Care, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Hamburg, Germany
Ultraschall Med 32:582-92. 2011..The aim of the study was to identify and validate enhancing features for differentiating benign vascular neoplasms of the hemangioma/hamartoma type from malignant splenic lesions on contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS)...
- Impact of Systemic Therapy and Recurrence Pattern on Survival Outcome after Radiofrequency Ablation for Colorectal Liver MetastasesAxel Stang
Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Palliative Care, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Semmelweis University of Medicine, Asklepios Campus Hamburg, Germany
J Cancer 7:1939-1949. 2016..Effective pre-RFA systemic therapy does favourably affect the incidence, timing and patterns of recurrence and long-term survival and appears essential for the tailoring of RFA application to maximize patient benefit...