- Laparoscopic suture repair of a perforated gastric ulcer in a severely cirrhotic patient with portal hypertension: first case report
Department of Surgery, University of Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
JSLS 7:377-82. 2003
..Laparoscopy in this setting has the potential to reduce postoperative complications. Laparoscopic treatment of a perforated gastric ulcer in a severely cirrhotic patient with portal hypertension is herein described...
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy as a primary operation for morbid obesity: experience with 200 patients
Bariatric Surgery Unit, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Via A Bosio 13, 00161 Rome, Italy
Gastroenterol Res Pract 2012:801325. 2012
..Conclusions. Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy is a formidable operation in the short-term period. Median %EWL in this series was 63.6% at 27.2 months follow-up...
- Staple-line reinforcement with a thrombin matrix during laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for morbid obesity: a case series
Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 22:249-53. 2012
..The aim of this article is to report our experience with a new technique of SLR using a thrombin-gelatin matrix in a series of morbidly obese patients subjected to LSG...
- Intragastric balloon followed by biliopancreatic diversion in a liver transplant recipient: a case report
Department of Surgery, University of Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133, Rome, Italy
Obes Surg 19:1460-3. 2009
..Post mortem study revealed a myocardial infarction. This is the first world case report for this approach. According to our opinion, patient's death was not related to bariatric surgery...
- Bile duct injuries during laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a 1994-2001 audit on 13,718 operations in the area of Rome
Lap Group Roma, Gruppo Laparoscopico Romano, Via A Borelli 5, 00161 Roma, Italy
Surg Endosc 18:232-6. 2004
..Bile duct injuries (BDIs) during laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) still are reported with greater frequency than during open cholecystectomy (OC)...
- Laparoscopic reoperative approach after open bariatric surgery
Department of Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Policlinico Tor Vergata, Rome
Chir Ital 61:137-41. 2009
..1%). Mortality was zero. The mean follow-up was 36.2 months. Mean postoperative BMI was 34.3 kg/m2. Laparoscopic reoperative bariatric surgery is feasible, safe and effective after open bariatric surgery...
- Laparoscopic single-port sleeve gastrectomy for morbid obesity: preliminary series
Bariatric Surgery Unit, Department of General Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Surg Obes Relat Dis 6:665-9. 2010
..The purpose of our study was to evaluate the feasibility and safety of laparoscopic single incision sleeve gastrectomy for morbid obesity...
- Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels are inversely associated with systemic inflammation in severe obese subjects
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, 00133, Rome, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 8:33-40. 2013
..01 for all). In extremely obese subjects, 25(OH)D serum concentrations are inversely associated with several biomarkers of systemic inflammation, regardless of the total quantity of fat mass...
- Harmonic Focus™ versus "knot tying" during total thyroidectomy: a randomized trial
Chirurgia Generale, Policlinico Tor Vergata PTV, p 6B, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133, Rome, Italy
Updates Surg 63:277-81. 2011
..According to our results, HF is a safe, time-saving alternative to "knot tying" thyroidectomy, with no influence on parathyroid function, medical therapy and nerve injury...
- Staple-line reinforcement during laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy using three different techniques: a randomized trial
Bariatric Surgery Unit Department of Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Surg Endosc 26:2623-9. 2012
..Staple line reinforcement (SLR) is strongly advocated. The purpose of this study was to compare prospectively and randomly three different techniques of SLR during LSG...
- The use of fibrin sealant to prevent major complications following laparoscopic gastric bypass: results of a multicenter, randomized trial
Department of Surgery P Stefanini, Policlinico Umberto I, University La Sapienza, Viale Policlinico 155, Rome, 00161, Italy
Surg Endosc 22:2492-7. 2008
..We report the final results of a multicenter, randomized clinical trial evaluating the use of fibrin sealant in LRYGBP...
- Prevalence of defaecatory disorders in morbidly obese patients before and after bariatric surgery
Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 16:62-6; discussion 66-7. 2012
..The primary objective of this study was to estimate the effect of morbid obesity on DDs in a cohort of patients listed for bariatric surgery. We also evaluated preliminary results of the effects of sleeve gastrectomy on these disorders...
- Early (1 hour) post-operative parathyroid hormone (PTH) measurement predicts hypocalcaemia after thyroidectomy: a prospective case-control single-institution study
Department of Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Policlinico di Tor Vergata, Rome
Chir Ital 60:519-28. 2008
..It might be more useful than serum calcium monitoring for the early identification of patients requiring postoperative calcium supplementation...
- Comparative study of laparoscopic vs open gastrectomy in gastric cancer management
Giuseppe S Sica
Department of Surgical Sciences, Tor Vergata University Hospital, 00133 Rome, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 17:4602-6. 2011
..To compare long-term results of gastric cancer patients undergoing laparoscopic and open gastrectomy in a single unit...
- Treatment of hemorrhoids in day surgery: stapled hemorrhoidopexy vs Milligan-Morgan hemorrhoidectomy
Vito Maria Stolfi
Department of Surgery, Universita Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 12:795-801. 2008
..Recently, it has been demonstrated that surgical treatment of hemorrhoids in a day-care basis is possible and safe. The aim of this study was to compare the Longo stapled hemorrhoidopexy (SH) and the Milligan-Morgan hemorrhoidectomy (MMH)...
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy versus Laparoscopic Banded Sleeve Gastrectomy: First Prospective Pilot Randomized Study
Bariatric Surgery Unit, Department of Experimental Medicine and Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133 Rome, Italy
Gastroenterol Res Pract 2016:6419603. 2016
..The results of bodyweight loss did not document any statistically significant differences among the two groups, even though LBSG group showed a mean BMI slightly lower than that of the control group. ..
- Combined liver transplantation and sleeve gastrectomy for end-stage liver disease in a bariatric patient: First European case-report
Liver and Kidney Transplant Centre, Fondazione Policlinico Tor Vergata, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133 Rome, Italy Electronic address
Int J Surg Case Rep 28:38-41. 2016
..One strategy, to improve the outcomes in these patients, includes bariatric surgery at the time of LT. Herein we report the first European combined LT and sleeve gastrectomy (SG)...
- Parathyroid hormone and insulin resistance in distinct phenotypes of severe obesity: a cross-sectional analysis in middle-aged men and premenopausal women
Department of Systems Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, I 00133 Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:4724-32. 2012
..High levels of PTH are reported in obese individuals and related to increased cardiometabolic risk...
- Medical and surgical treatment of chronic anal fissure: a prospective study
Department of Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Policlinico Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 11:1541-8. 2007
..In conclusion, although LIS is far more effective than medical treatments, BTX injection/fissurectomy as first line treatment may significantly increase the healing rate while avoiding any risk of incontinence...
- Delayed symptomatic hemobilia after ultrasound-guided liver biopsy: a case report
Department of Surgery, Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Clinica Columbus, Rome, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 49:1659-62. 2002
..After superselective catheterization of the feeding artery, vascular occlusion was successfully obtained with gel foam pledges and the patient was discharged 7 days after the procedure...
- Evidence-based appraisal of antireflux fundoplication
Department of Surgery, San Filippo Neri Hospital, Rome, Italy
Ann Surg 239:325-37. 2004
..To highlight the current available evidence in antireflux surgery through a systematic review of randomized controlled trials (RCTs)...
- Virtual gastroduodenoscopy: a new look at the bypassed stomach and duodenum after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity
Dipartimento di Chirurgia P Stefanini, Policlinico Umberto I, Universita degli Studi La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Obes Surg 12:39-48. 2002
..Apart from percutaneous gastrografin studies, all these techniques require the insertion of a gastrostomy tube in the distal stomach...
- Palliative laparoscopic hepatico- and gastrojejunostomy for advanced pancreatic cancer
Division of Laparoscopic Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
JSLS 6:331-8. 2002
..In this article, we describe our technique of laparoscopic hepatico-jejunostomy and gastrojejunostomy. We also discuss current evidence on the indications for these procedures in patients with unresectable pancreatic cancer...
- [Antibiotic prophylaxis in laparoscopic cholecystectomy: from empiricism to evidence. Review of the problem and proposal of a randomized trial of the Lap Group Roma]
UOC Chirurgia Generale e Oncologica, ACO San Filippo Neri, Via G Martinotti, 20, 00135 Roma
Chir Ital 55:649-56. 2003
..The authors, on behalf of the Lap Group Roma, introduce the protocol of a multicenter prospective randomized controlled clinical trial designed to find a definitive answer to this problem...
- Laparoscopic reoperative bariatric surgery: experience from 27 consecutive patients
Division of Laparoscopic Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Obes Surg 12:254-60. 2002
..Reoperation is associated with a higher morbidity and has traditionally been done in open fashion. The purpose of this study was to determine the safety and efficacy of reoperative surgery using a laparoscopic approach...