- Vascular permeabilization by intravenous arachidonate in the rat peritoneal cavity: antagonism by ethamsylate
INSERM U400, Faculte de Medecine, 8 rue du General Sarrail, Cedex 94010, Creteil, France
Eur J Pharmacol 466:207-12. 2003
..Such a mechanism can explain previous observations that ethamsylate inhibits carrageenan-induced rat paw edema. Whether it also participates in the hemostatic action of ethamsylate deserves further investigation...
- Therapeutic efficacy and mechanism of action of ethamsylate, a long-standing hemostatic agent
Ricardo P Garay
Equipe d Accueil EA2381, LPTIM, Case 7124, Tour 54 5, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Am J Ther 13:236-47. 2006
..It is suggested that the place of ethamsylate as a hemostatic agent is that of a mild but well-tolerated drug, particularly useful in dysfunctional uterine bleeding when contraception is not needed...
- Mechanisms of vasomotor rhinitis
INSERM U400, Faculté de Médecine de Créteil, France
Allergy 59:4-9; discussion 9-10. 2004
..Indirect evidence suggests that C-fibres may also play an important role in the pathophysiology of idiopathic rhinitis...
- Calcium dobesilate in the treatment of diabetic retinopathy
Ricardo P Garay
Equipe d Accueil EA2381, Laboratoire Pharmacologie Transports Ioniques Membranaires, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Treat Endocrinol 4:221-32. 2005
..In addition, it improves diabetic endothelial dysfunction, reduces apoptosis, and slows vascular cell proliferation...
- Reduction of retinal albumin leakage by the antioxidant calcium dobesilate in streptozotocin-diabetic rats
Children s Hospital Bambino Gesu, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 495:217-24. 2004
..These results strongly suggest that calcium dobesilate stabilizes blood-retinal barrier in diabetic retinopathy via an in situ antioxidant action. Further studies in patients are required to confirm such view...
- The hemostatic agent ethamsylate enhances P-selectin membrane expression in human platelets and cultured endothelial cells
INSERM U400, Faculte de Medecine, 8 rue du General Sarrail, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Thromb Res 107:329-35. 2002
..These results support the view that ethamsylate acts on the first step of hemostasis, by improving platelet adhesiveness and restoring capillary resistance...
- Vascular permeabilization by intravenous arachidonate in the rat peritoneal cavity: antagonism by antioxidants
INSERM U400, Faculte de Medecine, 8 rue du General Sarrail, 94010 Cedex, Creteil, France
Eur J Pharmacol 466:199-205. 2003
..This rat peritoneal model can be used to evaluate the in vivo antinflammatory potential of antioxidant drugs...
- The hemostatic agent ethamsylate promotes platelet/leukocyte aggregate formation in a model of vascular injury
Maria Rosa Hernandez
Department of Hemotherapy and Hemostasis, Hospital Clinic, Barcelone, Spain
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 18:423-30. 2004
..Res. (2002)107:329-335] confirms and extends the view that ethamsylate acts on the first step of hemostasis, by improving platelet homo- and heterotypic adhesiveness...
- Inhibition of choroidal angiogenesis by calcium dobesilate in normal Wistar and diabetic GK rats
Laboratoire de Nutrition Humaine et Athérogenèse, Institut Universitaire de Recherche Clinique, Montpellier, France
Eur J Pharmacol 510:149-56. 2005
..This effect may be due, at least in part, to inhibition of VEGF production. Antiangiogenesis by calcium dobesilate can be involved in its therapeutic benefit in diabetic retinopathy...