- Evolution of general practitioners' preferences for antipsychotics in France, 2003-2010
Except for Dr Donohue, The authors are with the Department of Epidemiology, University of Toulouse, Toulouse, France, and with INSERM UMR 1027, Toulouse e mail Dr Donohue is with the Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Psychiatr Serv 66:434-7. 2015
..The study examined changes in French general practitioners' (GPs) antipsychotic preferences between 2003 and 2010, a period when evidence challenging the superiority and safety of second-generation antipsychotics was introduced...
- Trends in use of antipsychotics in elderly patients with dementia: Impact of national safety warnings
Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse III, Faculte de Medecine, Département d Epidémiologie, économie de la santé et santé publique, F 31073, Toulouse, France INSERM, UMR 1027 Epidémiologie et analyses en santé publique, F 31073, Toulouse, France CHU de Toulouse, Service d épidémiologie, F 31073, Toulouse, France Electronic address
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 24:95-104. 2014
..Meanwhile, use of SGAs continuously increased from 0.37% to 0.64%. Antipsychotic use decreased in the elderly between 2003 and 2011, especially in dementia. The timing of the decrease, however, did not coincide with safety warnings. ..
- Diffusion of antipsychotics in the US And French markets, 1998-2008
Department of Epidemiology, University of Toulouse, 37 Allees Jules Guesde, Toulouse 31000, France
Psychiatr Serv 64:680-7. 2013
..Little is known about how second-generation antipsychotics have diffused in other countries with different health systems. The study objective was to describe trends in antipsychotic use in the United States and France from 1998 to 2008...
- Persistent use of analgesic medications in mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease
INSERM, UMR1027, 31062, Toulouse, France
Drugs Aging 30:439-45. 2013
..Previous studies have reported a lower use of analgesics in patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) than in non-AD elderly. To date, no study has focused on persistent analgesic use in patients with mild-to-moderate AD...
- A 2-year prospective cohort study of antidementia drug non-persistency in mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease in Europe : predictors of discontinuation and switch in the ICTUS study
Inserm UMR1027, 31073, Toulouse, France
CNS Drugs 28:157-70. 2014
..There is no consensus on when and how to discontinue cholinesterase inhibitors (ChEI). Predictors of non-persistency of antidementia drugs have been poorly investigated, mostly during short-term periods and using administrative data...
- A Longitudinal Study of Transitions Between Informal and Formal Care in Alzheimer Disease Using Multistate Models in the European ICTUS Cohort
INSERM, UMR 1027, Toulouse, France Université Toulouse III, Toulouse, France CHU Toulouse, Service d épidémiologie, Toulouse, France Electronic address
J Am Med Dir Assoc 16:1104.e1-7. 2015
..We aimed to describe longitudinal patterns of care in community-dwelling European patients with Alzheimer disease (AD), and determine patient-, caregiver-, and country-related predictors of transitions across different care levels...
- The influence of drug use in university hospitals on the pharmaceutical consumption in their surrounding communities
Épidémiologie et Analyses en Santé Publique, INSERM, UMR 1027, Toulouse, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 75:1142-8. 2013
..To investigate the influence of hospital drug choices on pharmaceutical consumption for nine competitive classes in the surrounding community...
- Prevention studies in Alzheimer's disease: progress towards the development of new therapeutics
Inserm UMR1027, 31073, Toulouse, France
CNS Drugs 29:519-28. 2015
..The best chance of preventing AD may come from a combination of individual and population prevention approaches. ..
- Drug selection in French university hospitals: analysis of formularies for nine competitive pharmacological classes
INSERM, UMR 1027 Epidémiologie et analyses en santé publique risques, maladies chroniques et handicaps Université de Toulouse, UPS Toulouse 3, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 72:823-31. 2011
..To give a panorama of the selectivity and agreement of French university hospitals' drug formularies (HDF) for nine competitive classes...