- Assessment of white matter injury and outcome in severe brain trauma: a prospective multicenter cohort
Department of Neuroradiology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, and Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 117:1300-10. 2012
..Existing methods to predict recovery after severe traumatic brain injury lack accuracy. The aim of this study is to determine the prognostic value of quantitative diffusion tensor imaging (DTI)...
- Cardiac arrest - has the time of MRI come?
Department of Neuroradiology and Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital and Université Pierre et Marie curie Paris VI, Paris, France
Crit Care 14:135. 2010
..While this technique appears promising, significant additional work is required before it can be routinely used in a clinical setting...
- A combined clinical and MRI approach for outcome assessment of traumatic head injured comatose patients
Unité de neuroanesthésie réanimation, Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
J Neurol 255:217-23. 2008
..No clinical or paraclinical examination can reliably predict neurological evolution. In this study, we evaluated the ability of a combined clinical and MRI approach to predict outcome...
- Experience of diffusion tensor imaging and 1H spectroscopy for outcome prediction in severe traumatic brain injury: Preliminary results
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital of Rouen, Rouen, France
Crit Care Med 37:1448-55. 2009
..The objective of the study is to test whether multimodal magnetic resonance imaging can provide a reliable outcome prediction of the clinical status, focusing on consciousness at 1 year after severe traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Exploring altered consciousness states by magnetic resonance imaging in brain injury
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital and Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1157:71-80. 2009
..Such an assessment will become mandatory in the near future to answer the crucial question of proportionality of care in these patients...
- Intracranial solitary fibrous tumor: imaging findings
Department of Neuroradiology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, APHP, 75013 Paris, France
Eur J Radiol 80:387-94. 2011
..To study the neuroimaging features of intracranial solitary fibrous tumors (ISFTs)...
- Diffusion tensor imaging to predict long-term outcome after cardiac arrest: a bicentric pilot study
Charles Edouard Luyt
Service de Reanimation, School of Medicine, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université Paris Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 117:1311-21. 2012
..The authors' objective was to determine whether an assessment with diffusion tensor imaging, a brain magnetic resonance imaging sequence, increases the accuracy of 1 yr functional outcome prediction in cardiac arrest survivors...
- Clinical review: Prognostic value of magnetic resonance imaging in acute brain injury and coma
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Pitié Salpêtrière Teaching Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris and Pierre et Marie Curie University, Bd de l Hopital, 75013, Paris, France
Crit Care 11:230. 2007
..Finally, the roles played by the main anatomical structures involved in arousal and awareness are discussed and avenues for future research suggested...
- Event related potentials elicited by violations of auditory regularities in patients with impaired consciousness
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Department of Neurophysiology, Paris, France
Neuropsychologia 50:403-18. 2012
- High doses of biotin in chronic progressive multiple sclerosis: a pilot study
Neurology Department, AP HP, Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France Neuro Metabolic Unit and Reference Center for Lysosomal Diseases, GRC13UPMC, Pierre and Marie Curie University Paris 6, AP HP, Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Mult Scler Relat Disord 4:159-69. 2015
..Biotin is a vitamin acting as a coenzyme for carboxylases involved in key steps of energy metabolism and fatty acids synthesis. Among others, biotin activates acetylCoA carboxylase, a potentially rate-limiting enzyme in myelin synthesis...
- Brain white matter oedema due to ClC-2 chloride channel deficiency: an observational analytical study
INSERM, U975 CRICM, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Lancet Neurol 12:659-68. 2013
..We were specifically interested in leukoencephalopathies characterised by white matter oedema, suggesting a defect in ion and water homoeostasis...
- 24 month-treatment with miglustat of three patients with Niemann-Pick disease type C: follow up using brain spectroscopy
Department of Neuroradiology and Center for NeuroImaging Research CENIR, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Mol Genet Metab 96:55-8. 2009
- Exploring impaired consciousness: the MRI approach
Department of Neuroradiology, University of Paris VI, Pierre et Marie Curie, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Curr Opin Neurol 20:627-31. 2007
..To summarize the application of advanced MRI sequences such as magnetic resonance spectroscopy, diffusion tensor imaging and functional MRI for the evaluation of patients with altered consciousness...
- Brain networks disconnection in early multiple sclerosis cognitive deficits: an anatomofunctional study
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, UMR S975, Paris, F 75013, France INSERM, U975, Paris, F 75013, France CNRS, UMR 7225, Paris, France AP HP, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Hopital Tenon, F 75020, Paris, France
Hum Brain Mapp 35:4706-17. 2014
..Disconnection in the DMN and ATT networks may deprive the brain of compensatory mechanisms required to face widespread structural damage...
- The cerebral cost of breathing: an FMRI case-study in congenital central hypoventilation syndrome
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Institut du Cerveau et de la Moëlle épinière ICM, Unité Mixte de Recherche 1127, PICNIC Lab, Paris, France Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, Institut du Cerveau et de la Moëlle épinière ICM, Unité 7225, PICNIC Lab, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 9:e107850. 2014
..More generally, this study reveals how the active maintenance of cortical control over a continuous motor activity impacts on brain functioning and cognition...
- Risk factors for spinal cord lesions in dystonic cerebral palsy and generalised dystonia
AP HP, Department of Neurology, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 83:159-63. 2012
..The aim of this study is to identify the risk factors and clinical characteristics of CM in patients with generalised dystonia, including dystonic CP...
- Combined diffusion imaging and MR spectroscopy in the diagnosis of human prion diseases
Department of Neuroradiology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:1311-8. 2010
..We evaluated the interest of MRS combined with DWI both as a diagnostic tool and a way to understand the mechanism underlying signal intensity and ADC changes in this setting...
- Axial Diffusivity of the Corona Radiata at 24 Hours Post-Stroke: A New Biomarker for Motor and Global Outcome
Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0142910. 2015
..In conclusion, axial diffusivity of the CoRad from clinical DTI at 24 hours post-stroke is the most appropriate diffusion metric for quantifying stroke damage to predict outcome, suggesting the importance of early axonal damage. ..
- Thalamic stimulation for tremor: can target determination be improved?
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, Paris, France
Mov Disord 26:307-12. 2011
..In clinical practice, this means that microelectrode exploration during Vim surgery should include at least one trajectory more medial than the statistical target...
- Early morphologic and spectroscopic magnetic resonance in severe traumatic brain injuries can detect "invisible brain stem damage" and predict "vegetative states"
Department of Neurosurgery, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, University of Paris VI, Paris, France
J Neurotrauma 23:674-85. 2006
- Imaging central nervous system myelin by positron emission tomography in multiple sclerosis using [methyl-¹¹C]-2-(4'-methylaminophenyl)- 6-hydroxybenzothiazole
INSERM, U975, Paris, France Faculty of Medicine, Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 69:673-80. 2011
..Here we questioned whether the thioflavine-T derivative 2-(4'-methylaminophenyl)-6-hydroxybenzothiazole (PIB), which also binds to amyloid plaques, could serve as a myelin marker...