- Blood-brain barrier transport of drugs for the treatment of brain diseases
Angiochem Inc, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 8:195-204. 2009
..As a result, various strategies are being developed to enhance access of drugs to the brain parenchyma at therapeutically meaningful concentrations to effectively manage disease...
- Approaches to transport therapeutic drugs across the blood-brain barrier to treat brain diseases
Angiochem Inc, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2X3Y7
Neurobiol Dis 37:48-57. 2010
- Transport characteristics of a novel peptide platform for CNS therapeutics
Laboratoire de Medecine Moleculaire, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Canada Angiochem, Inc, Montreal, Canada
J Cell Mol Med 14:2827-39. 2010
..The primary sequence and charge of Angiopep-2 were crucial for its passage across the BBB. Overall, the results demonstrate the significant potential of this platform for the development of novel neurotherapeutics...
- Involvement of the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein in the transcytosis of the brain delivery vector angiopep-2
Angiochem, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurochem 106:1534-44. 2008
..Fluorescent microscopy also revealed that Alexa488-Angiopep-2 co-localized with LRP1 in brain endothelial cell monolayers. Overall, these results suggest that Angiopep-2 transport across the BBB is, in part, mediated by LRP1...
- [New protein vectors for physiological transfer of therapeutic agents to the central nervous system]
Cydweli Consultants Inc, Quebec, Canada
Biol Aujourdhui 206:191-203. 2012
..and is to date the most advanced in human clinical trials, the new Transcend technology using a protein melanotransferrin for the transport of biologics such as lysosomal enzymes and antibodies will be discussed...
- Development of new peptide vectors for the transport of therapeutic across the blood-brain barrier
Cydweli Consultants Inc, 201 Chemin du Golf, Suite 702, Montreal, Quebec, H3E 1Z4, Canada
Ther Deliv 1:571-86. 2010
..It is the first of such designed agents to be validated for the treatment of human brain cancers and opens the door for such approaches...
- Identification and design of peptides as a new drug delivery system for the brain
Laboratoire de Medecine Moleculaire, Centre d Hémato Oncologie, Hôpital Ste Justine Université du Québec à Montréal, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:1064-72. 2008
..Overall, these results suggest that these Kunitz-derived peptides could be advantageously used as a new brain delivery system for pharmacological agents that do not readily enter the brain...