- Colorectal cancer: influence of diet and lifestyle factors
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 97:432-48. 2005
- Prolonged refractory hypotension in cardiac surgery after institution of cardiopulmonary bypass
Department of Cardiac Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Ospedale San Raffaele, Milano, Italy
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 16:477-9. 2002
- Calcium entry through stretch-inactivated ion channels in mdx myotubes
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0450
Nature 344:670-3. 1990
..The results show a novel type of mechano-transducing ion channel in mdx myotubes that could provide a pathway for Ca2+ to leak into the cell...
- Successful use of bivalirudin for cardiopulmonary bypass in a patient with heparin allergy
Department of Cardiovascular Anesthesia and Intensive Care, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Perfusion 22:67-9. 2007
..We report a case of heparin allergy successfully managed for CPB with bivalirudin anticoagulation...
- Redo coronary artery bypass grafting on the beating heart and transfusion needs
Department of Cardiovascular Anesthesia, IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 72:985-93. 2006
..We investigated our 5-year database to evaluate the role of off pump technique in reducing transfusion needs...
- The outcome of patients requiring emergency conversion from off-pump to on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting
Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, Italia e Istituto Scientifico San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Eur J Anaesthesiol 24:317-22. 2007
..Our aim was to evaluate outcome in such patients and identify preoperative and intraoperative risk factors...
- Prevalence of Escherichia coli O157 in lambs at slaughter in Rome, central Italy
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Regioni Lazio e Toscana, Via Appia Nuova 1411, 00178 Rome, Italy
Epidemiol Infect 134:415-9. 2006
..From this study, the overall risk of human exposure to pathogenic E. coli O157 from lamb meat consumption derived from the major slaughterhouse in Rome can be considered reasonably low, particularly when suckling lamb meat is considered...
- Trichinellosis in Argentina: an historical review
Parasitología y Enfermedades Parasitarias Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Chorroarin 280, C1427CWO Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 132:137-42. 2005
..The following report synopsizes the evolution of trichinellosis in Argentina over the past century...
- Survey of the knowledge, attitudes and practice of Italian beef and dairy cattle veterinarians concerning the use of antibiotics
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Vet Rec 155:733-8. 2004
..The level of awareness of the problem of antibiotic resistance was high, although more than half of the interviewees were confident that new antimicrobial drugs were already available to replace those of lower effectiveness...
- [Life satisfaction in 28 intellectually gifted persons aged 65 and over]
Département de médecine communautaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, Centre de prévention des Alpes, Grenoble
Presse Med 32:734-9. 2003
..To date, no French studies have been published concerning intellectually gifted elderly people (over 65 years of age), although they represent more than 200,000 people in France...
- [Pneuropsychological disorders after occupational exposure to mercury vapors in El Bagre (Antioquia, Colombia)]
Universidad de Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
Rev Neurol 31:712-6. 2000
..No changes were found in the control group. CONCLUSION: Exposure to mercury causes specific neuropsychological and behavior disorders in the absence of clinically detectable physical or physiological damage...
- Reduction of hemodilution in small adults undergoing open heart surgery: a prospective, randomized trial
Department of Cardiovascular Anesthesia and Intensive Care, San Raffaele Hospital, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
Perfusion 22:317-22. 2007
..Smaller patients are more likely to have a low hematocrit during CPB: this phenomenon may be related, at least partially, to the extreme hemodilution induced by a large fixed CPB priming volume...