- European indicators of health care during pregnancy, delivery and the postpartum periodKatherine Wildman
INSERM Unité 149, Epidiomiological Research Unit on Perinatal and Women s Health, 123 Boulevard Port Royal, 75014 Paris, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 111:S53-65. 2003..To describe variation across Europe in PERISTAT indicators of health care in the perinatal period, and to assess the comparability of these indicators...
- PERISTAT: indicators for monitoring and evaluating perinatal health in EuropeJennifer Zeitlin
Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal and Women s Health, U149 INSERM, Paris, France
Eur J Public Health 13:29-37. 2003..The challenge was to define indicators that cover common concerns and have the same meaning within the different European health care systems...
- Selecting an indicator set for monitoring and evaluating perinatal health in Europe: criteria, methods and results from the PERISTAT projectJennifer Zeitlin
Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal and Women s Health, U149 INSERM, 123 Boulevard Port Royal, 75014 Paris, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 111:S5-S14. 2003..Twelve of these indicators were targeted for further development and the other 21 for immediate implementation. A feasibility study, reported in the rest of this issue, was put into place to assess these recommendations...
- Perinatal health indicators for Europe: an introduction to the PERISTAT projectJennifer Zeitlin
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 111:S1-4. 2003
- Maternal health outcomes in EuropeSophie Alexander
Reproductive Health Unit, School of Public Health, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 111:S78-87. 2003..To use PERISTAT data on indicators of maternal mortality and morbidity to explore maternal health outcomes in Europe, and to discuss the implications of variations in the data sources for these indicators...
- Maternal mortality as an indicator of obstetric care in EuropeKatherine Wildman
Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal and Women s Health, Unité 149 INSERM, France
BJOG 111:164-9. 2004..We explore whether variation in the level of MMR among European countries reflects differences in obstetric care...
- Underreporting of pregnancy-related mortality in the United States and EuropeCatherine Deneux-Tharaux
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Medicale U 149, Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal and Women s Health, Paris, France
Obstet Gynecol 106:684-92. 2005..Our objective was to uniformly measure underreporting of mortality from pregnancy in official statistics from selected regions within the U.S. and Europe, and to provide comparable revised profiles of pregnancy-related mortality...