- Effect of cis/trans isomerism of beta-carotene on the ratios of volatile compounds produced during oxidative degradationYves Waché
Laboratoire de Microbiologie UMR UB INRA 1082, ENSBANA, 1 Esplanade Erasme, 21000 Dijon, France
J Agric Food Chem 51:1984-7. 2003..These results are important in the search for financially viable processes to produce natural carotene-derived aroma compounds...
- Medium-size droplets of methyl ricinoleate are reduced by cell-surface activity in the gamma-decalactone production by Yarrowia lipolyticaY Wache
Laboratoire de Biotechnologie and Laboratoire de Biochimie alimentaire, ENSBANA Université de Bourgogne, Dijon and Laboratoire de Génétique des Microorganismes, INRA CNRS, Thiverval Grignon, France
Lett Appl Microbiol 30:183-7. 2000..7 microm and did not vary significantly until the end of the culture. The growth of Y. lipolytica in both media was very similar except for the lag phase which was lowered in homogenized medium conditions...
- Role of beta-oxidation enzymes in gamma-decalactone production by the yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaY Wache
Laboratoire de Biotechnologie équipe IMSA, Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Biologie Appliquée à la Nutrition et à l Alimentation, Universite de Bourgogne, 21000 Dijon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:5700-4. 2001..In mutants with low acyl-CoA oxidase activity, however, the acyl-CoA oxidase controls the beta-oxidation flux. We also identified mutant strains that produced 26 times more gamma-decalactone than the wild-type parents...
- Effect of reducing agents on the acidification capacity and the proton motive force of Lactococcus lactis ssp. cremoris resting cellsYves Waché
Laboratoire de Microbiologie de l ENSBANA UMR INRA Université de Bourgogne, 1, Esplanade Erasme, 21000 Dijon, France
Bioelectrochemistry 57:113-8. 2002..9 mM) drastically decreased the acidification range and this product was shown to abolish the DeltapH. These results are discussed in terms of the diversity of action of the chemical reagents and strain sensitivity...
- Catabolism of hydroxyacids and biotechnological production of lactones by Yarrowia lipolyticaY Wache
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, UMR UB INRA 1082, ENSBANA, 1 Esplanade Erasme, 21000 Dijon, France
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 61:393-404. 2003..lipolytica with special emphasis on the biotransformation of methyl ricinoleate to gamma-decalactone. When appropriate, information from the lipid metabolism of other yeast species is presented...
- Yeast as an efficient biocatalyst for the production of lipid-derived flavours and fragrancesY Wache
Laboratoire de Microbiologie UMR UB INRA, ENSBANA, 1 Esplanade Erasme, 21000, Dijon, France
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 89:405-16. 2006....
- Involvement of acyl coenzyme A oxidase isozymes in biotransformation of methyl ricinoleate into gamma-decalactone by Yarrowia lipolyticaY Wache
Laboratoire de Biotechnologie, Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Biologie Appliquée à la Nutrition et à l Alimentation, Universite de Bourgogne, 21000 Dijon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 66:1233-6. 2000..On the contrary, the Deltapox2 Deltapox3 Deltapox4 Deltapox5 multidisrupted strain did not grow or biotransform methyl ricinoleate into gamma-decalactone, demonstrating that Aox4p is essential for the biotransformation...
- Importance of bacterial surface properties to control the stability of emulsionsMai Huong Ly
Laboratoire de Microbiologie UMR UB INRA 1232, ENSBANA, 1, Esplanade Erasme 21000 Dijon, France
Int J Food Microbiol 112:26-34. 2006..In addition, these results suggest that the interactions between bacteria and other food components can influence the position of bacteria in food matrixes...
- A shift to 50°C provokes death in distinct ways for glucose- and oleate-grown cells of Yarrowia lipolyticaThi Minh Ngoc Ta
Laboratory GPMA, IFR92, Université de Bourgogne and AgroSup Dijon, 1, Esplanade Erasme, 21000, Dijon, France
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 93:2125-34. 2012..These results show that heat triggers programmed cell death with uncommon hallmarks for glucose-grown cells and necrosis for methyl-oleate-grown cells...
- New insights into the effect of medium-chain-length lactones on yeast membranes. Importance of the culture mediumThi Minh Ngoc Ta
Laboratoire GPMA, IFR92, AgroSup Dijon and Université de Bourgogne, 1, Esplanade Erasme, 21000, Dijon, France
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 87:1089-99. 2010..Similar oleate-induced increase in resistance was also observed for Rhodotorula and Candida strains able to grow on oleate as the sole carbon source whereas Saccharomyces and Sporidiobolus cells were more sensitive after induction...
- Increased electron donor and electron acceptor characters enhance the adhesion between oil droplets and cells of Yarrowia lipolytica as evaluated by a new cytometric assayMario Aguedo
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, UMR UB INRA 1082, ENSBANA, and Centre de Cytométrie en Flux, Universite de Bourgogne, 21 000 Dijon, France
J Agric Food Chem 51:3007-11. 2003..These preliminary results demonstrate that the developed cytometric method is promising for various applications concerning the study of interactions between microorganisms and an emulsified hydrophobic substrates...
- Fluorescent probes to evaluate the physiological state and activity of microbial biocatalysts: a guide for prokaryotic and eukaryotic investigationLan Cao-Hoang
Laboratoire GPMA, Universite de Bourgogne, ENSBANA, Dijon, France
Biotechnol J 3:890-903. 2008..and new technical trends. The specificities of Gram-negative bacterial cells are also discussed...
- Effect of acyl-CoA oxidase activity on the accumulation of gamma-decalactone by the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica: a factorial approachErandi Escamilla García
Laboratoire de Génie des Procédés et Microbiologie Alimentaire, GPMA, IFR 92, Universite de Bourgogne, ENSBANA, Dijon, France
Biotechnol J 2:1280-5. 2007..Due to the poor correlation between Aox activity and lactone production, the modeling of this parameter gave no satisfactory results but growth depending on Aox activity was modeled...
- Improved co-oxidation of beta-carotene to beta-ionone using xanthine oxidase-generated reactive oxygen species in a multiphasic systemMai Huong Ly
Laboratoire de Génie des Procédés Microbiologiques et Alimentaires GPMA, ENSBANA, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Biotechnol J 3:220-5. 2008..5 g/L Tween 80 compared to 10% without decane and Tween 80. These results show that it is possible to control a ROS-mediated reaction by the addition of a solvent phase and by modifing the medium composition...
- Effects of oxidoreduction potential combined with acetic acid, NaCl and temperature on the growth, acidification, and membrane properties of Lactobacillus plantarumAriane Ouvry
Laboratoire de Microbiologie UMR INRA 1082, ENSBANA, Universite de Bourgogne, 1 Esplanade Erasme, 21000 Dijon, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 214:257-61. 2002..These results may be explained by changes in ATPase activity, membrane fluidity and surface properties...
- Relationship between the presence of the citrate permease plasmid and high electron-donor surface properties of Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis biovar. diacetylactisMai Hu o ng Lý
Laboratoire de Microbiologie UMR UB INRA 1232, Qualités des Aliments, ENSBANA, Dijon, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 268:166-70. 2007..This suggests that the presence of high electron-donor characteristics on the surface of L. lactis results to a large extent from the presence of the citrate permease plasmid...
- Production of conidia of Penicillium camemberti in liquid medium through microcycles of conidiationKhadidja Boualem
UMR A PAM 02102 AgroSup Dijon Université de Bourgogne, 1 Esplanade Erasme, 21000, Dijon, France
Biotechnol Lett 36:2239-43. 2014..The activity of these conidia was checked through culture on a solid medium. Conidia produced by microcycle conidiation formed a normal mycelium on the surface of solid media and 25 % could still germinate after 5 months of storage. ..
- Encapsulation in a natural, preformed, multi-component and complex capsule: yeast cellsBao Ngoc Pham-Hoang
Natencaps and Laboratory of Food and Microbial Process, UMR PAM AgroSup Dijon University of Burgundy, Dijon, France
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97:6635-45. 2013..This paper proposes to review the use of yeast as an encapsulation structure focusing particularly on the properties of the yeast capsule and their impact on loading, protection, targeting and release...
- Interaction of an odorant lactone with model phospholipid bilayers and its strong fluidizing action in yeast membraneMario Aguedo
Laboratoire de Biotechnologie, ENSBANA Université de Bourgogne, 1, Esplanade Erasme, 21000 Dijon, France
Int J Food Microbiol 80:211-5. 2003..This effect was more important than that of benzyl alcohol, which is known as a fluidizing agent in living cells, and may explain the toxic action of gamma-decalactone in microorganisms...
- Molecule structural factors influencing the loading of flavoring compounds in a natural-preformed capsule: Yeast cellsBao Ngoc Pham-Hoang
UMR Procédés Alimentaires et Microbiologiques A 02 102, AgroSup Dijon Université de Bourgogne Franche Comté, 1 Esplanade Erasme, 21000 Dijon, France Electronic address
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 148:220-228. 2016..They will be of importance to optimize the encapsulation of mixtures of compounds...
- Effect of heat-processing on the antioxidant and prooxidant activities of β-carotene from natural and synthetic origins on red blood cellsHanh Phan-Thi
UMR PAM Food and Microbial Process AgroSup Dijon Univ Bourgogne Franche Comté, 1 Esplanade Erasme, 21000 Dijon, France Electronic address
Food Chem 190:1137-44. 2016....
- Cloning and expression of genes involved in conidiation and surface properties of Penicillium camemberti grown in liquid and solid culturesKhadidja Boualem
Laboratoire GPMA, IFR92, ENSBANA, Universite de Bourgogne, 1 Esplanade Erasme, F 21000 Dijon, France
Res Microbiol 159:110-7. 2008..The absence of conidiation in liquid culture correlated with the lack of rodA gene expression, which could be regulated by the medium composition independently of brlA and wetA genes expression...
- Advanced fluorescence technologies help to resolve long-standing questions about microbial vitalityYann Roche
Laboratory GPMA, IFR92, Université de Bourgogne and AgroSup Dijon, Dijon, France
Biotechnol J 7:608-19. 2012..This review also serves as a reference to those wishing to explore how fluorescence technologies can be used to understand basic cell physiology in microbial systems...
- Potential of nisin-incorporated sodium caseinate films to control Listeria in artificially contaminated cheeseLan Cao-Hoang
DSAN, UP Biotechnologie et Microbiologie Alimentaire, AgroSup Dijon, 1 Esplanade Erasme, F 21000 Dijon, France
Food Microbiol 27:940-4. 2010....