- [The 'physical aptitude for health consultation' in a geriatric unit]Thomas Vogel
Pôle de gériatrie, Hôpitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg Hôpitaux universitaires de Strasbourg, 83 rue Himmerich, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France Electronic address
Soins Gerontol 21:20-3. 2016..It notably enables the absence of any contraindications to be established. A first of its kind in France, the programme has been implemented at Strasbourg university hospital. ..
- [The use of the new direct oral anticoagulants among older subjects: The limits of the evidence-based medicine?]T Vogel
Pôle de gériatrie, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Pavillon Schutzenberger, 83, rue Himmerich, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France Équipe d accueil EA3072 mitochondrie, Stress oxydant et Protection musculaire, Fédération de Médecine Translationnelle FMTS, Institut de Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Strasbourg, 67000 Strasbourg, France Electronic address
Rev Med Interne 36:840-2. 2015..The lack of data for the very old subjects, with frailty or comorbidities, remains the main concern from these phase III studies. ..
- [Hypertension and Alzheimer's disease]Thomas Vogel
Centre de Gerontologie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, 83 rue Himmerich, 67091 Strasbourg
Presse Med 34:809-12. 2005..The novel concept that vascular risk factors could directly induce the formation of neuropathological lesions is interesting but warrants confirmation...
- [Risk factors for Alzheimer: towards prevention?]Thomas Vogel
Pôle de gériatrie, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Strasbourg
Presse Med 35:1309-16. 2006..These epidemiologic data raise questions about the diagnostic boundaries between AD and vascular dementia. Additional studies are needed to validate these concepts and to confirm the possible benefits of preventive measures...
- Effects of a short-term personalized Intermittent Work Exercise Program (IWEP) on maximal cardio-respiratory function and endurance parameters among healthy young and older seniorsT Vogel
University Hospital, Geriatric Department, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Strasbourg, France
J Nutr Health Aging 15:905-11. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficiency of a short-term Intermittent Work Exercise Program (IWEP) among healthy elderly subjects...
- [Prospective study of oral anticoagulation control in 110 very elderly hospitalized patients and of risk factors for poor control]Thomas Vogel
Pôle de gériatrie, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, F 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Presse Med 37:1723-30. 2008..The secondary objective was to identify factors associated with international normalized ratios (INR) outside the target range...
- Anemia in elderly patients: new insight into an old disorderEmmanuel Andres
Department of Internal Medicine, Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders, University Hospital of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Geriatr Gerontol Int 13:519-27. 2013..Nevertheless, most cases of anemia require further investigation and the underlying cause should be identified and treated whenever possible...
- The Movement Disorders Society criteria for the diagnosis of Parkinson's disease dementia: their usefulness and limitations in elderly patientsMichèle Kiesmann
Department of Geriatrics, Robertsau Hospital, Strasbourg University Hospitals, 83 rue Himmerich, Strasbourg, 67091, France
J Neurol 260:2569-79. 2013..444. The specificity of the checklist for the diagnosis of PDD in the elderly was confirmed, but it was lacking in sensitivity. It was also found that the MDRS could be helpful in the diagnosis and screening of PDD...
- [Food-cobalamin syndrome]Khalid Serraj
Service de Medecine Interne, diabète et maladies métaboliques, clinique médicale B, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, F 67091 Strasbourg, France
Presse Med 38:55-62. 2009..Studies are in the way to better characterize the food-cobalamin malabsorption in a clinical practice perspective and to validate the usefulness of oral cobalamin therapy...
- Update on oral cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) treatment in elderly patientsEmmanuel Andres
Department of Internal Medicine, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Drugs Aging 25:927-32. 2008..This review confirms the previously reported efficacy of oral cobalamin treatment in elderly patients. Oral cobalamin treatment avoids the discomfort, inconvenience and cost of monthly injections...
- Health benefits of aerobic training programs in adults aged 70 and over: a systematic reviewWalid Bouaziz
Geriatric Department, Medical school and University Hospitals of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France Department of Physiology and EA 3072, Medical School, Strasbourg University, Strasbourg, France Electronic address
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 69:110-127. 2017....
- [Contribution of the scintigraphy for the diagnosis of the dementia with Lewy bodies and comparison with the pathological results]Jean Baptiste Chanson
Departement de Neurologie, Hopital Civil, F 67091 Strasbourg, France
Presse Med 37:1241-3. 2008
- Idiosyncratic Drug-Induced Severe Neutropenia and Agranulocytosis in Elderly Patients (≥75 years): A Monocentric Cohort Study of 61 CasesRachel Mourot-Cottet
Department of Internal Medicine, Strasbourg University Hospitals, Strasbourg, France
Drugs Real World Outcomes 3:393-399. 2016..Little data is currently available in the literature on neutropenia and agranulocytosis in the elderly, and, to our knowledge, idiosyncratic drug-induced agranulocytosis is particularly poorly covered, or not at all...
- Gender-related analysis of the clinical presentation, treatment response and outcome in patients with immune thrombocytopeniaEmmanuel Andres
University Hospital of Strasbourg, Department of Internal Medicine B, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Presse Med 41:e426-31. 2012..In this paper, we report a gender-related analysis of patients with ITP, specifically examining the clinical manifestations, responses to treatment and overall outcomes of the patients...
- Intracerebral aneurysms: a review with special attention to geriatric aspectsThomas Vogel
Centre de Gerontologie, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Strasbourg, France
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 58:520-4. 2003..This article reviews the geriatric features of epidemiological, physiopathological, as well as clinical and therapeutic aspects of ruptured and unruptured ICAs...
- TDP43-positive intraneuronal inclusions in a patient with motor neuron disease and Parkinson's diseaseJean Baptiste Chanson
Department of Neurology, Strasbourg University Hospital, Strasbourg, France
Neurodegener Dis 7:260-4. 2010..The role of the 43-kDa transactivation-responsive DNA-binding protein (TDP43) in neurodegenerative diseases is not yet clearly established...
- [Effectiveness of "contact" precautions to prevent the spread of vancomycin resistant enterococci in a long-term care facility]Catherine Jehl
Hopitaux Universitaires, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Pôle de gériatrie, 67091 Strasbourg, France
Presse Med 40:e325-32. 2011..VRE can spread rapidly, mostly by cross-transmission through hands of healthcare workers, leading to outbreaks. Moreover, VRE have the possibility to transfer vancomycin resistance genes to other Gram-positive organisms...
- Outcome of endoscopy-negative iron deficiency anemia in patients above 65: A longitudinal multicenter cohortRaphaël Clere-Jehl
aInternal medicine, Endocrinology and Nutrition Department, Hautepierre Hospital bMedical Information and Statistics Department, Civil Hospital, University Hospital of Strasbourg, Strasbourg cInternal Medicine Department, Saint Louis Hospital dInternal Medicine Department, Lariboisiere Hospital, APHP, University Hospital of Paris, Paris eGeriatric Department, Robertsau Hospital, University Hospital of Strasbourg, Strasbourg fAcute Gerontology Department, Tenon Hospital, APHP, University Hospital of Paris, Paris gInternal Medicine Department, New Civil Hospital hInternal Medicine Department, Civil Hospital, University Hospital of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e5339. 2016..If the results of these investigations are negative, the role of antithrombotics should be considered...
- Recognition and management of drug-induced blood cytopenias: the example of drug-induced acute neutropenia and agranulocytosisEmmanuel Andres
Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Service de Medecine Interne, clinique médicale B, Hopital Civil, 1 Porte de l Hôpital, 67 091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Expert Opin Drug Saf 7:481-9. 2008..More than several hundred drugs, toxins, and herbs have been reported to cause blood abnormalities, and drugs account for 20 - 40% of all instances of cytopenias...
- [Early response to oral cobalamin therapy in older patients with vitamin B12 deficiency]Georges Kaltenbach
Centre de Gerontologie, Hôpital de la Robertsau Hôpitaux Universitaires, 83, rue Himmerich, 67000 Strasbourg
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 154:91-5. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine whether oral cobalamin treatment may be an effective therapy for treating older patients with cobalamin deficiency related to nutritional deficiency and food-cobalamin malabsorption...
- [Health promotion by safe, individualized, and accessible physical activities and sports]Pierre Henri Bréchat
Presse Med 36:379-80. 2007
- [Sports medicine for the over-50s: testing and training]Pierre Henri Bréchat
Presse Med 35:268-9. 2006
- Optimal duration of antibiotic therapy for uncomplicated urinary tract infection in older women: a double-blind randomized controlled trialThomas Vogel
Unite de recherche en geriatrie de l Universite Laval, Quebec
CMAJ 170:469-73. 2004..The aim of this randomized controlled double-blind noninferiority trial was to compare the efficacy and safety of 3-day and 7-day courses of oral ciprofloxacin for uncomplicated symptomatic UTI in older women...
- Thrombocytopenia following steroid therapy in an 83-year-old womanThomas Vogel
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 57:M519-20. 2002