- Effect of a short-term intermittent exercise-training programme on the pulse wave velocity and arterial pressure: a prospective study among 71 healthy older subjectsT Vogel
Geriatric Department, University Hospital of Strasbourg, France
Int J Clin Pract 67:420-6. 2013..We evaluate the effect of a short Intermittent Work Exercise Training Program (IWEP) on arterial stiffness estimated by the measure of the pulse wave velocity (PWV)...
- Health benefits of physical activity in older patients: a reviewT Vogel
Pôle de gériatrie, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, France
Int J Clin Pract 63:303-20. 2009..Moreover, some longitudinal studies suggest that physical activity is linked to a reduced risk of developing dementia and Alzheimer's disease in particular...
- Effects of a short-term personalized Intermittent Work Exercise Program (IWEP) on maximal cardio-respiratory function and endurance parameters among healthy young and older seniorsT Vogel
University Hospital, Geriatric Department, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Strasbourg, France
J Nutr Health Aging 15:905-11. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficiency of a short-term Intermittent Work Exercise Program (IWEP) among healthy elderly subjects...
- Impact of short-term aerobic interval training on maximal exercise in sedentary aged subjectsP M Lepretre
Consultation de l Aptitude Physique du Senior, Centre de Gérontologie La Robertsau, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Int J Clin Pract 63:1472-8. 2009..Regular physical exercise is the most appropriate to improve aerobic capacity, but its effect still remained discussed in old people...
- [Update of oral vitamin B12]E Andres
Service de Medecine Interne, diabète et maladies métaboliques, clinique médicale B, Hopital Civil, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 70:455-61. 2009..The objective of this review is to evaluate the usefulness of oral cobalamin (vitamin B12) treatment...
- Homocysteine, vitamin B12, folate and cognitive functions: a systematic and critical review of the literatureT Vogel
Pôle de gériatrie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Pavillon Schutzenberger, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Int J Clin Pract 63:1061-7. 2009..In this report, we review the current knowledge on the relationship between homocysteine, folate and vitamin B(12) levels and the way their disruption influences cognitive function in adults...
- Oral cobalamin (vitamin B(12)) treatment. An updateE Andres
Department of Internal Medicine, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Int J Lab Hematol 31:1-8. 2009..This present review confirms the previously reported efficacy of oral cobalamin treatment in adult and elderly patients...
- Efficacy of short-term oral cobalamin therapy for the treatment of cobalamin deficiencies related to food-cobalamin malabsorption: a study of 30 patientsE Andres
Department of Internal Medicine, Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, France
Clin Lab Haematol 25:161-6. 2003..It has been suggested that oral cobalamin (vitamin (B12)) therapy may be an effective therapy for treating cobalamin deficiencies related to food-cobalamin malabsorption. However, the duration of this treatment was not determined...
- Health benefits of endurance training alone or combined with diet for obese patients over 60: a reviewW Bouaziz
Geriatric Department, University Hospital, Strasbourg, France
Int J Clin Pract 69:1032-49. 2015..The prevalence of obesity is rapidly increasing in older patients and it is ubiquitous in many developed countries. Obesity is related to various negative health outcomes, making it a major public health target for intervention...
- [The use of the new direct oral anticoagulants among older subjects: The limits of the evidence-based medicine?]T Vogel
Pôle de gériatrie, Hôpital de la Robertsau, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Pavillon Schutzenberger, 83, rue Himmerich, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France Équipe d accueil EA3072 mitochondrie, Stress oxydant et Protection musculaire, Fédération de Médecine Translationnelle FMTS, Institut de Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Strasbourg, 67000 Strasbourg, France Electronic address
Rev Med Interne 36:840-2. 2015..The lack of data for the very old subjects, with frailty or comorbidities, remains the main concern from these phase III studies. ..
- [Parkinson's disease dementia: correlations between clinical, neuropsychological and neuropathological features]M Kiesmann
Pôle de gériatrie, HUS, rue Himmerich, Strasbourg, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 166:653-6. 2010..Cognitive disorders such as deficit of attention and executive and visuoconstructive dysfunctions occur in Parkinson's disease dementia (PDD). Memory impairment is not an early feature and statement not well delimited...
- [Anticoagulation in the aged patient with atrial fibrillation: What are prescribing cardiologists, geriatricians and general practitioners?]P Fuchs
Pôle de gériatrie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, 67000 Strasbourg, France
Rev Med Interne 36:509-15. 2015..Determinants of prescribing and non-prescribing were also analysed...
- [Anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation in the elderly: the geriatrician point of view with a focus on the direct oral anticoagulants]T Vogel
Pôle de gériatrie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, 67000 Strasbourg, France EA 3072, Institut de Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Strasbourg, 67000 Strasbourg, France
Rev Med Interne 36:22-30. 2015..Particular attention will be paid to new oral anticoagulant therapies compared with vitamin K antagonists and antiplatelet agents...
- [Candidemia in elderly people: apropos of 4 cases]G Kaltenbach
Centre de gérontologie des hôpitaux universitaires de Strasbourg, Hôpital de la Robertsau, 83, rue Himmerich, 67091 Strasbourg, France
Rev Med Interne 23:328-31. 2002..Candidemia, principally affecting neutropenic patients in departments of oncohematology and frail patients in intensive care units, can also be observed in frail elderly people in geriatrics...