Gwenaelle Vidal Trecan
- Differences between burns in rural and in urban areas: implications for preventionG Vidal-Trecan
Departement de sante publique, CHU Cochin, Port Royal, Universite Rene Descartes, 24 27 Rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014, Paris, France
Burns 26:351-8. 2000..Preventive measures in rural areas should take into account occupation and everyday activities. They should be specifically adapted to the profiles of burnt patients...
- Contraceptive practices of non-HIV-seropositive injecting drug usersGwenaelle Vidal-Trecan
Departement de sante publique, CHU Cochin Port Royal, AP HP, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Eur J Epidemiol 18:863-9. 2003..To study the sociodemographic characteristics and sexual behaviours in contraception choices of injecting drug users (IDUs) and to compare the contraceptive practices of non-HIV-positive IDUs to those of the general population...
- Reducing the number of T3 orders in the Paris hospital network: towards better appropriatness of thyroid function test prescriptionG Vidal-Trecan
Departement de sante publique, CHU Cochin Port Royal, AP HP Université René Descartes Paris V, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 64:210-5. 2003..The decrease in T3 measurement ordering observed in 1998 (15% of thyroid function test ordering) was independently associated with multiple behavioral changes: educational interventions, structured test form use and year of prescription...
- Injection risk behaviors at the first and at the most recent injections among drug usersGwenaelle M Vidal-Trecan
Département de Santé Publique and service de Santé publique, CHU Cochin Port Royal, Universite Rene Descartes, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014, Paris, France
Drug Alcohol Depend 66:107-9. 2002..The proportions of IDUs sharing preparation equipment (58 vs. 14%), borrowing (23 vs. 2%) and lending injecting equipment (26 vs. 4%) decreased between the first and the most recent injection...
- Managing toxic thyroid adenoma: a cost-effectiveness analysisGwenaelle M Vidal-Trecan
Departement de sante publique, CHU Cochin Port Royal, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Eur J Endocrinol 146:283-94. 2002..To examine the cost-effectiveness of therapeutic strategies for patients with toxic thyroid adenoma...
- HCV status knowledge and risk behaviours amongst intravenous drug usersG Vidal-Trecan
Departement de sante publique, CHU Cochin Port Royal, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Eur J Epidemiol 16:439-45. 2000..HCV testing should be encouraged and associated with sexual counselling. Special attention should be paid to disinfecting practices for HCV-positives and use of new injecting equipment should be recommended for HCV-negatives...
- Intravenous use of prescribed sublingual buprenorphine tablets by drug users receiving maintenance therapy in FranceGwenaelle Vidal-Trecan
Département de Santé Publique and service de Santé publique, AP HP, CHU Cochin Port Royal, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Drug Alcohol Depend 69:175-81. 2003..MT should facilitate the rehabilitation of opioid-dependent drug users and reduce the risks associated with injection. However, misuse and side effects have been reported...
- [Mortality-morbidity conferences: evaluation of an intervention to expand their practice in a university hospital]Gwenaelle Vidal-Trecan
Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Saint Vincent De Paul, AP HP, faculté de médecine Paris 5, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris
Presse Med 36:1378-84. 2007..Mortality-morbidity conferences (M&MC) are a recognized technique for evaluating and improving medical practices as well as improving patient safety...
- Pain in an emergency department: an auditFabienne Karwowski-Soulié
AP HP, Emergency Department, Cochin Saint Vincent de Paul La Roche Guyon Hospital, 27, Street Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014, Paris, France
Eur J Emerg Med 13:218-24. 2006..To evaluate the quality of care in patients with pain who visit the emergency department of a university hospital and the evolution of their pain during their emergency department stay...
- [Improving patient safety: decreasing adverse events associated with medical care]Emile Papiernik
Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Paris
Presse Med 36:1255-61. 2007..Institutions must establish indicators to prove the effectiveness of this new policy...