- [Botulinum toxin in neurology]M Vidailhet
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184, rue du Faubourg St Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Rev Med Interne 26:531-3. 2005
- [Paroxysmal kinesigenic dyskinesia: a channelopathy? Study of 19 cases]G Fourcade
Service de Neurologie, CHU Caremeau, place du Professeur Robert Debré, 30029 Nimes Cedex, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 165:164-9. 2009..The favorable natural history, the episodic nature of the symptoms and their sensitivity to anticonvulsant therapy suggest channelopathy as a mechanism of PKD...
- Factors predicting improvement in motor disability in writer's cramp treated with botulinum toxinR Djebbari
Department of Neurology, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1688-91. 2004..To identify factors predicting improvement in motor disability in writer's cramp treated with botulinum toxin (BTX)...
- Paroxysmal dyskinesias as a paradigm of paroxysmal movement disordersM Vidailhet
Department of Neurology, Hopital Saint Antoine, and U289, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Curr Opin Neurol 13:457-62. 2000..Among the paroxysmal disorders, these diseases may belong to the group of channelopathies...
- Effect of gabapentin on oculomotor control and parkinsonism in patients with progressive supranuclear palsyA Poujois
Service de Neurologie, CHU Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France
Eur J Neurol 14:1060-2. 2007..This preliminary study shows that gabapentin improves reflexive saccade inhibition in patients with PSP but does not improve the latency of VGSs...
- [Resolution of choreic movements associated with HIV encephalitis with anti-retroviral therapy]J M Trocello
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris
Rev Neurol (Paris) 162:89-91. 2006..Infection of the central nervous system with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) can be associated with movement disorders...
- [Movement disorders and botulinum toxin in neurology]S Sangla
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Ann Readapt Med Phys 46:307-11. 2003..We discuss the data of literature and compare them with the experience of the French movement disorders groups...
- [Chorea, lupus and antiphospholipid antibodies]P Reiner
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Lariboisiere, Universite Paris 7, AP HP, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Rev Med Interne 33:206-8. 2012..They also have an excess risk of obstetric morbidity and valvular disease. The prescription of antiplatelet agents and adequate management, especially during pregnancy, can probably reduce this risk...
- [Dystonia: contributions of functional imaging and magnetoencephalography]S Lehericy
Service de Neuroradiologie et INSERM EMI 007, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 159:874-9. 2003..Spectroscopic MRI may also be used to measure GABA levels, which are decreased in the cortex and basal ganglia in these patients...
- [National neonatal screening program for cystic fibrosis: management and organization]C Grosskopf
Association française pour le dépistage et la prévention des handicaps de l enfant, 38, rue Cauchy, 75015 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 10:364s-369s. 2003..This screening program should allow to screen 98% of the cystic fibrosis patients before the age of 1 month. In order to ensure perfect efficacy, the CF screening program will be evaluated and modified if necessary...
- Neonatal screening for cystic fibrosis: France rises to the challengeJ P Farriaux
Association française pour le dépistage et la prévention des handicaps de l enfant, Paris, France
J Inherit Metab Dis 26:729-44. 2003..The expert groups still meet periodically to evaluate the implementation of the programme and to check that the terms of the agreement between the AFDPHE and the Social Security Agency are complied with...
- [National program for neonatal screening for cystic fibrosis: implementation and preliminary results]J Navarro
Hopital Robert Debre, AP HP, 48, boulevard Serurier, 75935 Paris Cedex 19
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 32:1S56-60. 2003..Based on therapeutic progress and the proposed method using determination of blood immunoreactive trypsin then study of the main CF mutations, there is strong hope of effective CF detection and clinical benefit for the patients...
- Epsilon sarcoglycan mutations and phenotype in French patients with myoclonic syndromesS Tezenas du Montcel
Service de Biostatistique et Information Medicale, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Paris, France
J Med Genet 43:394-400. 2006..Myoclonus dystonia syndrome (MDS) is an autosomal dominant movement disorder caused by mutations in the epsilon-sarcoglycan gene (SGCE) on chromosome 7q21...
- Movement disorders and inborn errors of metabolism in adults: a diagnostic approachF Sedel
Federation of Nervous System Diseases, Salpetriere Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Inherit Metab Dis 31:308-18. 2008....
- Structural abnormalities in the cerebellum and sensorimotor circuit in writer's crampC Delmaire
INSERM U610, groupe hôpitalier Pitié Salpêtrière, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Neurology 69:376-80. 2007..Evidence in other primary dystonia, including blepharospasm and cervical dystonia, suggest that structural abnormalities may be observed in other brain areas such as the cerebellum in writer's cramp...
- [Folic acid and prevention of neural tube closure defects: the question is not solved yet]M Vidailhet
Service de Pediatrie, 3, Hôpital d Enfants, CHU de Nancy, 54130 Nancy, France
Arch Pediatr 15:1223-31. 2008..As of today, despite their limited preventive efficacy, a safe approach is to keep our current French recommendations and to increase the awareness of all caregivers, so as to improve the observance of these recommendations...
- Myoclonus-dystonia: clinical and electrophysiologic pattern related to SGCE mutationsE Roze
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Neurology 70:1010-6. 2008..To clarify the clinical and neurophysiologic spectrum of myoclonus-dystonia patients with mutations of the SGCE gene...
- Recessive hereditary methaemoglobinaemia, type II: delineation of the clinical spectrumC Ewenczyk
Pôle des maladies du système nerveux, Federation de Neurologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Paris, France
Brain 131:760-1. 2008..Here we report three novel mutations in the NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase gene. Prenatal diagnosis of this extremely severe disease should be proposed to affected families...
- [Pallidal stimulation for primary generalized dystonia]L Vercueil
Rev Neurol (Paris) 161:381-3. 2005
- A major locus for several phenotypes of myoclonus--dystonia on chromosome 7qM Vidailhet
INSERM U289, , Paris, France
Neurology 56:1213-6. 2001..5 to 38 years. Only four patients from two families had a positive response to alcohol. Lod scores were positive in all four families, suggesting that chromosome 7q21-q31 is a major locus for myoclonus-dystonia with several phenotypes...
- [Vitamin deficiency and malnutrition]I Birlouez
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 60:443-50. 2002
- [Fluoride supplementation must be initiated at birth in children in France]A Bocquet
Arch Pediatr 9:1211-2. 2002
- Mirror movements of the non-affected hand in hemiparkinsonian patients: a reflection of ipsilateral motor overactivity?J S Vidal
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:1352-3. 2003
- Candidate gene studies in focal dystoniaD Sibbing
Department of Neurology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Neurology 61:1097-101. 2003..Mutations in the DYT1 gene can cause focal dystonia, and an association with a polymorphism in the D5 receptor gene (DRD5) has been reported but not confirmed...
- [Symptomatic rickets in adolescents]E Mallet
Département de Pédiatrie Médicale, CHU de Rouen, France
Arch Pediatr 11:871-8. 2004..Rickets affects immigrant adolescents in particular but nevertheless could also present a certain risk period for the general population...
- Disorganized somatotopy in the putamen of patients with focal hand dystoniaC Delmaire
Department of Neuroradiology, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Neurology 64:1391-6. 2005..To explore the selectivity of neuronal somatotopic representation in the striatum of patients with unilateral task-specific dystonia of the right arm...
- [Cystic fibrosis: the French neonatal screening organization, preliminary results]A Munck
AFDPHE, 38, rue Cauchy, 75015 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 12:646-9. 2005
- Levodopa-responsive dystonia. GTP cyclohydrolase I or parkin mutations?J Tassin
INSERM U289, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Brain 123:1112-21. 2000..No mutations were identified in seven families. The clinical spectrum extended from the classical DRD phenotype to parkinsonism with levodopa-induced dyskinesias, and included spastic paraplegia as well as the absence of dystonia...