Marc Antoine Valantin
- Switching the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor backbone to tenofovir disoproxil fumarate + emtricitabine promptly improves triglycerides and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in dyslipidaemic patientsM A Valantin
Department of Infectious Diseases, AP HP, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:556-61. 2010..To assess the impact of switching to tenofovir disoproxil fumarate + emtricitabine on lipid parameters...
- The French national prospective cohort of patients co-infected with HIV and HCV (ANRS CO13 HEPAVIH): early findings, 2006-2010Marc Arthur Loko
INSERM, U897 and ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
BMC Infect Dis 10:303. 2010..The ANRS CO 13 HEPAVIH cohort was set up to explore these critical questions.To describe the cohort aims and organization, monitoring and data collection procedures, baseline characteristics, as well as follow-up findings to date...
- Role of HIV-1 minority populations on resistance mutational pattern evolution and susceptibility to protease inhibitorsBenedicte Roquebert
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 20:287-9. 2006..These minor species, not detected by standard genotype, may influence PI susceptibility...
- Resistant minority species are rarely observed in patients on darunavir/ritonavir monotherapySidonie Lambert-Niclot
AP HP, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, INSERM U 943 and Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:1470-4. 2012....
- Raltegravir as functional monotherapy leads to virological failure and drug resistance in highly treatment-experienced HIV-infected patientsFabienne Caby
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Scand J Infect Dis 42:527-32. 2010..If persistent low viraemia is observed over more than 48 weeks without the emergence of resistance, RAL should never be given as functional monotherapy, as it is associated with a maximal risk of VF and the emergence of RAL resistance...
- Similar evolution of cellular HIV-1 DNA level in darunavir/ritonavir monotherapy versus triple therapy in MONOI-ANRS136 trial over 96 weeksSidonie Lambert-Niclot
AP HP, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, INSERM U 943 and Pierre et Marie Curie University Paris, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e41390. 2012..Our objectives were to study the impact of 96 weeks of Darunavir/ritonavir monotherapy versus a triple standard combination on the HIV-1 blood reservoir and factors associated with HIV-1 plasma DNA at baseline in MONOI trial sub-study...
- Historical HIV-RNA resistance test results are more informative than proviral DNA genotyping in cases of suppressed or residual viraemiaMarc Wirden
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 83 bvd de l Hôpital, 75013 Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:709-12. 2011..Analyses of proviral HIV-DNA can provide information about the viral reservoir, because integrated DNA reflects both actively and latently infected cells...
- Role of genotype G hepatitis B virus mixed infection on the progression of hepatic fibrosis in HIV positive patients over 5 years of follow-upRuxandra Călin
AP HP, Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 58:408-14. 2013..The dynamic of liver disease in co-infected patients is important to understand for appropriate clinical management. Conflicting data surround the role played by genotype-G HBV (HBV-G) during the course of HIV co-infection...
- MIV-310 reduces HIV viral load in patients failing multiple antiretroviral therapy: results from a 4-week phase II studyChristine Katlama
Département des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales INSERM E0214, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
AIDS 18:1299-304. 2004..MIV-310 (alovudine), a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor, potently inhibits the replication of highly mutated strains of HIV in vitro. We examined the efficacy of MIV-310 in highly pretreated patients...
- Resistance mutations before and after tenofovir regimen failure in HIV-1 infected patientsMarc Wirden
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
J Med Virol 76:297-301. 2005..The K65R mutation can emerge even with TAMs or L74V. No obvious impact was shown on the TAMs or other NRTI mutations, although a trend towards emergence of some particular mutations was observed...
- Impact of hepatitis C and liver fibrosis on antiretroviral plasma drug concentrations in HIV-HCV co-infected patients: the HEPADOSE studyStephanie Dominguez
AP HP, Département de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, INSERM U720, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:2445-9. 2010..To compare plasma antiretroviral concentrations in HIV-HCV co-infected and in matched HIV mono-infected patients...
- Factors associated with virological failure in HIV-1-infected patients receiving darunavir/ritonavir monotherapySidonie Lambert-Niclot
Department of Virology and Infectious Diseases, AP HP, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, INSERM U 943 and Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 204:1211-6. 2011..Our objective was to determine virological and clinical characteristics associated with virological failure in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients switching to darunavir/ritonavir (DRV/r) monotherapy...
- Once-daily dosing of saquinavir soft-gel capsules and ritonavir combination in HIV-1-infected patients (IMEA015 study)Claire Lamotte
Service de Pharmacie Clinique et des Biomatériaux Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Cl Bernard, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 9:247-56. 2004..These data confirmed the short-term efficacy of SQV-SGC/RTV once-daily regimen based on SQV therapeutic drug monitoring...
- Long-term (96-week) follow-up of antiretroviral-naïve HIV-infected patients treated with first-line lopinavir/ritonavir monotherapy in the MONARK trialJade Ghosn
Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, AP HP, Bicetre University Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France
HIV Med 11:137-42. 2010..MONotherapy AntiRetroviral Kaletra (MONARK) is the first randomized trial comparing lopinavir/ritonavir monotherapy to triple combination therapy with zidovudine/lamivudine and lopinavir/ritonavir in antiretroviral-naïve patients...
- Direct quantification of cell-associated HIV DNA in isolated rectal and blood memory CD4 T cells revealed their similar and low infection levels in long-term treated HIV-infected patientsBenjamin Descours
UPMC University Paris 06, INSERM, UMRs945, AP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 62:255-9. 2013....
- Dual raltegravir/etravirine combination in virologically suppressed HIV-1-infected patients on antiretroviral therapyRuxandra Călin
Infectious Diseases Department, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 17:1601-4. 2012..The objective of this study was to evaluate the capacity of dual RAL/ETR therapy to maintain virological suppression in HIV-1 patients under effective antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- Influence of interferon-based therapy on liver fibrosis progression in HIV/HCV coinfected patients: a retrospective repeated liver biopsy analysisPatrick Ingiliz
Hepatology Department, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
J Hepatol 56:49-54. 2012..The course of the disease is determined by the rapidity of liver fibrosis progression (LFP). The influence of interferon on LFP in coinfected patients has yet not been evaluated by comparative liver biopsies...
- Low-level HIV-1 viraemia in patients on HAART: risk factors and management in clinical practiceMarc Wirden
INSERM, UMR S_1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, F 75013 Paris, France Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, F 75013 Paris, France AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Service de Virologie, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 70:2347-53. 2015..Characterization of the conditions favouring HIV-1 low-level viraemia (LLV) during treatment is required to guide strategies for prevention and cure...
- Factors associated with a low HIV reservoir in patients with prolonged suppressive antiretroviral therapySlim Fourati
INSERM UMR S 943, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 69:753-6. 2014..The objective of this study was to determine factors that influence the establishment of low-level HIV DNA in long-term treated patients (excluding treatment since acute infection)...
- Impact of stavudine phenotype and thymidine analogues mutations on viral response to stavudine plus lamivudine in ALTIS 2 ANRS trialVincent Calvez
Department of Virology and Infectious Diseases and Pitie Salpetrière Hospital, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 7:211-8. 2002....
- Efficacy and safety of adefovir dipivoxil plus pegylated interferon-alpha2a for the treatment of lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B virus infection in HIV-infected patientsPatrick Ingiliz
Hepatology Department, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 13:895-900. 2008..Adefovir dipivoxil (ADV) has shown its efficacy for treating 3TC-resistant (3TC-R) HBV in HIV-coinfected patients. ADV combined with pegylated interferon (PEG-IFN) has never been evaluated in this population...
- Six-year follow-up of hepatitis B surface antigen concentrations in tenofovir disoproxil fumarate treated HIV-HBV-coinfected patientsVincent Thibault
Virology Laboratory, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 16:199-205. 2011..Our main objective was to study the kinetics of HBsAg level in HIV-HBV-coinfected patients with undetectable HBV DNA load under treatment containing tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF)...
- Acute hepatitis C in HIV-infected patients: rare spontaneous clearance correlates with weak memory CD4 T-cell responses to hepatitis C virusAurelie Schnuriger
INSERM, UMRS 945, Paris, France
AIDS 23:2079-89. 2009..To explore the parameters of specific immunity to hepatitis C virus (HCV) associated with virus clearance during acute HCV infection in HIV coinfection...
- Polylactic acid implants (New-Fill) to correct facial lipoatrophy in HIV-infected patients: results of the open-label study VEGAMarc Antoine Valantin
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, INSERM 0214 Université Pierre et Marie CURIE, Paris, France
AIDS 17:2471-7. 2003..In the absence of currently available therapy to manage facial lipoatrophy, strategies used to compensate for facial fat loss warrant clinical evaluation...
- Low frequency of intermittent HIV-1 semen excretion in patients treated with darunavir-ritonavir at 600/100 milligrams twice a day plus two nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors or monotherapySidonie Lambert-Niclot
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 83 Boulevard de l hopital, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:4910-3. 2010..The median darunavir seminal plasma concentration was close to the blood plasma free fraction, demonstrating a good penetration of darunavir into the male genital tract...
- Adjustment of antiretroviral regimen may lead to HBV reactivation even in patients with past HBV infection serological profileSophie Seang
INSERM UMR S 943 and University Pierre and Marie Curie UPMC Paris VI, Paris, France
J Infect Chemother 19:987-9. 2013..In HBV-HIV co-infected patients, close monitoring of HBV viral load and serological markers is required for antiretroviral management, particularly after interruption of drugs active for HBV. ..
- Maraviroc plus raltegravir failed to maintain virological suppression in HIV-infected patients with lipohypertrophy: results from the ROCnRAL ANRS 157 studyChristine Katlama
INSERM, UMRS 943, Paris F 75013, France UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMRS 943, Paris F 75013, France Department of Infectious Diseases, AP HP, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 69:1648-52. 2014..Given their potency and their excellent metabolic profile, maraviroc and raltegravir appear to be good candidates for such an approach...
- HIV-1 genome is often defective in PBMCs and rectal tissues after long-term HAART as a result of APOBEC3 editing and correlates with the size of reservoirsSlim Fourati
Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris, 4 place Jussieu, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:2323-6. 2012..Precise characterization of viruses present in reservoirs in long-term pretreated patients will be a major issue to consider in the context of viral eradication. We assessed the frequency of defective viruses present in cellular reservoirs...
- Fat tissue distribution changes in HIV-infected patients treated with lopinavir/ritonavir. Results of the MONARK trialSami Kolta
Paris Descartes University, Medicine Faculty, UPRES EA 4058, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
Curr HIV Res 9:31-9. 2011..06; 95% CI, 1.11-78.69). These results suggest that LPV/r, and possibly other protease inhibitors, may not be the main contributor to lipoatrophy in HIV-infected patients receiving triple therapy...
- Impact of reduced dosing of lopinavir/ritonavir in virologically controlled HIV-infected patients: the Kaledose trialJean Luc Meynard
Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:125-8. 2010..It is debated whether a risk of protease inhibitor mutation selection in proviral DNA exists during intermittent HIV-1 viraemia thereby impacting long-term virological control...
- Pharmacokinetics, safety and efficacy of ritonavir-boosted atazanavir (300/100 mg once daily) in HIV-1-infected pregnant womenMinh P Lê
APHP, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Clinical Pharmaco Toxicology Department, hôpitaux universitaires Paris Nord Val de Seine, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 20:507-13. 2015..We aimed to assess the pharmacokinetics, safety and efficacy of ATV/r in HIV-1-infected pregnant women and their neonates...
- Determinants of low-density lipoprotein particle diameter during antiretroviral therapy including protease inhibitors in HIV-1-infected patientsRanda Bittar
Unité Fonctionnelle de Biochimie des Maladies Métaboliques, Service de Biochimie Métabolique, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 17:855-60. 2012..This cross-sectional substudy of the ANRS 126 trial was designed to identify variables influencing LDL diameter...
- Effect of alendronate on HIV-associated osteoporosis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, 96-week trial (ANRS 120)Sylvie Rozenberg
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Service de Rhumatologie, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 28:972-80. 2012..1% (95% CI 2.8 to 9.3); p=0.0003]. Alendronate 70 mg weekly for 96 weeks improves BMD in HIV-1-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy...
- Lateral rectus muscle paralysis induced by ribavirin and pegylated interferon-α2a in a patient with HIV/HCV co-infectionGuillaume Mellon
Infectious Diseases Department, La Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 83 Boulevard de l hopital, 75013 Paris, France
J Infect Chemother 18:937-8. 2012..Symptoms fully resolved with treatment interruption without any ophthalmological sequelae. This side effect is rare and has never been reported in a HIV-HCV co-infected patient...
- New raltegravir resistance pathways induce broad cross-resistance to all currently used integrase inhibitorsIsabelle Malet
Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, F 75013, Paris, France INSERM, UMR_S 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, F 75013, Paris, France AP HP, Laboratoire de Virologie, Hôpital Pité Salpêtrière, F 75013, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 69:2118-22. 2014....
- Long-term follow-up of HIV-infected patients once diagnosed with acyclovir-resistant herpes simplex virus infectionSophie Seang
Department of Infectious Diseases, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, Paris, France INSERM UMR S943 and University Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris, France
Int J STD AIDS 25:676-82. 2014..Acyclovir-resistant HSV infection prevalence was low in our cohort. The rate of acyclovir-resistant HSV episodes averaged 50% during the two first recurrences. ..
- Impact of etravirine use on hospitalization rates among highly pre-treated failing HIV-1 infected individuals between 2005 and 2011Jean Marc Lacombe
INSERM and Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, Pierre Louis Institute, Paris, France
J Int AIDS Soc 17:19781. 2014..To assess its impact in routine clinical care, our objective was to compare hospitalization rates in highly pre-treated failing HIV-1 infected individuals between 2005 and 2011 depending on whether or not they received ETR+PI...
- Muscle and liver lactate metabolism in HAART-treated and naive HIV-infected patients: the MITOVIR studyJade Ghosn
Department des Maladies Infectieuses, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 10:543-50. 2005..To assess the impact of nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI) combination therapy on muscle and liver lactate metabolism in HIV-infected patients...
- Mutations associated with failure of raltegravir treatment affect integrase sensitivity to the inhibitor in vitroIsabelle Malet
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, EA 2387, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1351-8. 2008..These mutations led to strong impairment of enzymes in vitro in the absence of raltegravir: strand transfer activity was affected, and in some cases 3' processing was also impaired...
- Hepatitis C treatment initiation in HIV-HCV coinfected patientsLaurent Cotte
Department of Infectious Diseases, Croix Rousse Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, INSERM U1052, Lyon, France
BMC Infect Dis 16:345. 2016....
- Liver damage underlying unexplained transaminase elevation in human immunodeficiency virus-1 mono-infected patients on antiretroviral therapyPatrick Ingiliz
Hepatology Department, AP HP, GH Pitié Salpétrière, Paris, France
Hepatology 49:436-42. 2009..The presence of NASH was correlated with high fasting glycemia and insulin levels, not with liver mitochondrial function or mitochondrial DNA content...