- [Bullous autoimmune diseases of the oral mucosa]L Vaillant
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Trousseau, CHU Tours
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 100:230-9. 1999..Immunoelectron microscopy or immunoblast transfer may be needed for positive diagnosis. Corticosteroids are used to treat pemphigus and dapsone is used for cicatricial pemphigoid. Immunosuppressive therapy is rarely needed...
- [Chronic desquamative gingivitis syndrome: retrospective analysis of 33 cases]L Vaillant
Consultation de Dermatologie Buccale, Hopital Trousseau, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 127:381-7. 2000..Desquamative gingivitis is a chronic diffuse inflammation of the gingiva. The aim of this study was to determine the causes and the clinical characteristics of desquamative gingivitis...
- [Mechanisms of cutaneous drug reactions]L Vaillant
Service de dermatologie CHU Hôpital Trousseau, Tours
Rev Prat 50:1294-9. 2000..For urticaria, diagnosis and the risk of recurrence differ according to whether the cause is allergic (mediated by IgE or urticarial vasculitis) or is pharmacologic (urticaria due to aspirin or to conversion enzyme inhibitors)...
- [Bullous diseases of the oral mucosa]Loic Vaillant
Service de dermatologie et consultation de dermatologie buccale hôpital Trousseau CHRU 37044 Tours
Rev Prat 52:385-8. 2002..The symptomatic treatment of oral bullous lesions includes the following of a specific diet, use of antalegics and the prevention or treatment of superimposed infection...
- [Treatment of limbs lymphedema]Loic Vaillant
Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, CHRU de Tours, Tours, France
Presse Med 39:1315-23. 2010..The therapeutic management of lymphedema is difficult but has a variety of techniques. The complex decongestive therapy is very effective to restore a better quality of life even though it does not provide a cure for lymphedema...
- [Infectious complications of lymphedema]L Vaillant
Service de dermatologie et unité de lymphologie, Hopital Trousseau, CHRU, 37044 Tours, France
Rev Med Interne 23:403s-407s. 2002..Hyperplastic skin leads to maceration and then mycoses. Physiotherapy does not increase the risk for infection. Moreover an infection needs a complex decongestive physiotherapy which decreases risks of recurrence...
- [Acquired bullous diseases of the oral mucosa]L Vaillant
Service de Dermatologie et Consultation de Dermatologie Buccale, Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, Hopital Trousseau, CHRU, 37044 Tours Cedex
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 106:287-97. 2005..The pinch sign is highly discriminative to differentiate the cause of this syndrome. Symptomatic treatment of bullous lesions of the oral cavity include adapted diet and correct and early use of antalgesics...
- [Primary lymphedema of limbs]Loic Vaillant
Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, CHRU de Tours, 37044 Tours Cedex 01, France
Presse Med 39:1279-86. 2010..Predisposing or precipitating factors have to be treated (particularly streptococcal infections). Surgical treatment has precise and rare indication...
- Risk factors for relapse in patients with bullous pemphigoid in clinical remission: a multicenter, prospective, cohort studyPhilippe Bernard
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Robert Debre, avenue du Général Koenig, 51092 Reims Cedex, France
Arch Dermatol 145:537-42. 2009..To identify prognostic factors for relapse in the first year after cessation of therapy in bullous pemphigoid (BP)...
- [Localized cystic lymphatic malformation (or cutaneous lymphangiomas)]Gerard Lorette
Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, Faculte de Medecine, CHRU de Tours, INSERM U 930, 37044 Tours cedex 09, France
Presse Med 39:1309-14. 2010..Therapeutic decisions usually follow multidisciplinary consultations. In localized superficial forms, whether surgical excision or abstention is required. In macrocystic forms, sclerotherapy is the first-line treatment...
- Absence of inferior labial and lingual frenula in Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: a minor diagnostic criterion in French patientsLaurent Machet
INSERM U930 CNRS ERL 3106, Universite Francois Rabelais, Tours, France
Am J Clin Dermatol 11:269-73. 2010..The absence of the lingual and inferior labial frenula was reported to be a useful diagnostic tool in a series of 12 patients with classical and hypermobile EDS. However, two further reports have contested the value of this sign...
- Effect of sonication parameters on transdermal delivery of insulin to hairless ratsAlain Boucaud
GIP Ultrasons, Faculty of Medicine, 2 bis Boulevard Tonnelle, BP 3223, 37032 Cedex, Tours, France
J Control Release 81:113-9. 2002..Sonophoresis may therefore potentially be applied for non-invasive and painless delivery of insulin in the treatment of insulin-dependent diabetes...
- Generalized lymphedema associated with neurologic signs (GLANS) syndrome: a new entity?Marine Berton
University Francois Rabelais, Tours, France Department of Dermatology, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire, Tours, France
J Am Acad Dermatol 72:333-9. 2015..Primary lymphedema in children, especially generalized disease with facial involvement, is rare...
- Preoperative measurement of thickness of cutaneous melanoma using high-resolution 20 MHz ultrasound imaging: A monocenter prospective study and systematic review of the literatureLaurent Machet
Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, UMR INSERM U CNRS ERL, France
Ultrasound Med Biol 35:1411-20. 2009..Preoperative high-resolution ultrasound is a noninvasive examination that can help in choosing appropriate surgical margins and should reduce the need of partial or excisional biopsy before surgery, and the need for further re-excision...
- [Lymphoscintigraphic exploration in the limbs lymphatic disease]Françoise Baulieu
CHRU de Tours, Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, médecine nucléaire, 37044 Tours Cedex, France
Presse Med 39:1292-304. 2010..Hybrid imaging is a new imaging modality of edema. Recently used, it combines functional (scintigraphy) and anatomical (CT) data and seems to be able to provide further informations...
- [Treatment of venous leg ulcers with Epibase. A prospective study. Preliminary results]Loic Vaillant
Service de Dermatologie, CHU Trousseau, Tours, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 129:1245-6. 2002
- Immunostaining with antibodies to desmoglein provides the diagnosis of drug-induced pemphigus and allows prediction of outcomeAnnabel Maruani
University Francois Rabelais, Laboratory Ultrasound Signal Instrumentation CNRS FRE 2448, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Center of Tours, Tours, France
Am J Clin Pathol 130:369-74. 2008..005).32-2B immunolabeling is useful for diagnosing DIP and is an indicator of a good prognosis...