André Pierre Uzel
- Stingray injury to the ankleA P Uzel
Service d Orthopedie Traumatologie, CHU Pointe a Pitre 97159 Pointe a Pitre, France
Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol 12:115-6. 2002..We are reporting on a case of traumatic ankle penetration by the sting of a stingray that occurred in the West Indies. Clinical presentation, management and revue of the literature are also presented. ..
- Compartment syndrome of the thigh after blunt trauma: a complication not to be ignoredAndré Pierre Uzel
Service d Orthopedie Traumatologie, CHU Pointe à Pitre, route de Chauvel, 97159 Pointe à Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe
Musculoskelet Surg 97:81-3. 2013..This conservative treatment implies close monitoring of intramuscular pressures and adjuvant measures (bed rest, holding the thigh at the heart level and oxygenotherapy)...
- [Intra-articular distal radial fracture with lunate fossa rotated, about 4 cases: interest of surgical procedure by volar medial approach]A P Uzel
Service d Orthopédie et de Traumatologie, CHU de Pointe a Pitre, route de Chauvel, 97159 Pointe à Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe
Chir Main 32:37-43. 2013..Our goal is to bring out the positive aspects of surgical procedure by volar medial approach and to assess long-term functionnal and radiological results...
- Variation of the proximal insertion of the abductor digiti minimi muscle: correlation with Guyon's canal syndrome? Case report and literature reviewA P Uzel
Laboratoire d Anatomie Médico Chirurgicale Appliquée, CHU Pointe à Pitre, 97159 Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe
Morphologie 96:44-50. 2012..This variation should be taken into consideration by surgeons during surgical procedures for ulnar nerve decompression at Guyon's canal and when performing anteromedial approach to the wrist between flexors tendons and ulnar bundle...
- Antero-medial approach to the wrist: anatomic basis and new application in cases of fracture of the lunate facetA P Uzel
Service d orthopédie et traumatologie, CHU Pointe à Pitre, Guadeloupe, France
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 70:204-10. 2011....
- Bilateral spontaneous tenodesis of the long head of the biceps at the bicipital groove with massive rotator cuff tear on a 103-year-old female cadaver: the natural evolution of the human shoulder?A P Uzel
Service d orthopédie et traumatologie, CHU Pointe à Pitre, route de Chauvel, 97159 Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, France
Musculoskelet Surg 95:S79-82. 2011..This aspect is an acromial acetabulization as described roentgenographically by Hamada et al...
- Comparative study of femoral diaphyseal morphometry in two male populations, in France and a French West Indies island: an example of clinical relevance of comparative anatomy for orthopedic practiceAndré Pierre Uzel
Service d orthopédie et traumatologie du CHRU de Pointe à Pitre Route de Chauvel, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, France
Surg Radiol Anat 33:235-40. 2011..The range of usable implants must be complete and there must be precise pre-operative planning. A study of computed tomography scans could complement our measurements...
- Irreducible Pipkin II femoral head fractures: Is transgluteal approach the best strategy?A P Uzel
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Pointe à Pitre Teaching Hospital Center, route de Chauvel, 97159 Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 96:695-701. 2010..A lag screw can be used with this approach, which is the only way to stabilize the ligament teres femoris attachment...
- Bilateral variation of the pectoralis minor muscle discovered during practical dissectionA P Uzel
Service d orthopédie et traumatologie, CHU Pointe à Pitre, route de Chauvel, 97159, Pointe A Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe, France
Surg Radiol Anat 30:679-82. 2008..We believe that this variation should be taken into consideration by surgeons during surgical procedures and arthroscopy...
- [Traumatic rupture of the tibialis posterior tendon after ankle fracture: three cases and a review of the literature]A P Uzel
Service d orthopédie et traumatologie, CHU de Pointe a Pitre, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe
Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 92:283-9. 2006..Primary suture best guarantees a good functional outcome. Residual pain, deficit in active inversion of the foot, modified medial longitudinal arch, or progression to planovalgus are retrospective diagnostic signs...
- Hip subluxation associated with Pipkin II fracture: an injury to look for before reductionAndré Pierre Uzel
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, CHU Pointe à Pitre, 97159 Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, French West Indies, France
Chir Organi Mov 93:33-5. 2009..CT scan is important to evaluate the traumatism. The Hardinge approach is relevant in this context of irreducible hip subluxation. The clinical, diagnostic, and therapeutic particularities of this lesion type are discussed...
- [Necrotizing fasciitis and cellulitis of the upper limb resulting from centipede bite: two case reports]A P Uzel
Service d orthopédie et traumatologie, CHU de Pointe a Pitre, route de Chauvel, 97159 Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe
Chir Main 28:322-5. 2009..The diagnosis of a centipede bite can be made by the double marks made by the fangs. Wound debridement and antibiotics led to a good outcome in both our cases...
- Thigh compartment syndrome after intramedullary femoral nailing: possible femoral nerve block influence on diagnosis timingA P Uzel
Orthopaedics and Traumatology Department, Teaching Hospital Center, CHU de Pointe a Pitre, route de Chauvel, 97159 Pointe à Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 95:309-13. 2009..When nerve blocks are used, they should be more analgesic than anaesthetic. Careful patient monitoring remains important...
- [Fracture of the glenoid cavity Goss-Ideberg type II with inferior dislocation of the shoulder]A P Uzel
Service d Orthopedie Traumatologie, CHU de Pointe a Pitre, route de Chauvel, Pointe A Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe
Chir Main 28:260-4. 2009..We carried out a preoperative MRI to eliminate the possibility of a rotator cuff tear being present. The surgical treatment was carried out with the patient in lateral decubitus position and restored normal function to the shoulder...
- Delay in diagnosis of acute on chronic exertional compartment syndrome of the legAndré Pierre Uzel
Service d Orthopedie Traumatologie, CHU Pointe à Pitre, route de Chauvel, 97159, Pointe A Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe, France
Chir Organi Mov 93:179-82. 2009..Upon the patient's last follow-up visit, the wound was healed, but he had a complete deficit in dorsal flexion of the ankle, a foot drop and consequently a step-page gait...
- [Absence of the musculocutaneous nerve and its distribution from median nerve: About two cases and literature review]A P Uzel
Service d orthopédie et traumatologie, CHRU de Pointe à Pitre, route de Chauvel, 97159 Pointe à Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe maxuzel
Morphologie 95:146-50. 2011..The nerve fibers normally coming from musculocutaneous nerve emerged from the median nerve. The knowledge of this anatomical variation is important specially when performing plexus bloc or Latarjet's procedure...
- Tibial segmental bone defect reconstruction by Ilizarov type bone transport in an induced membraneA P Uzel
Orthopedics and Traumatology Department, Pointe à Pitre Regional Teaching Hospital, route de Chauvel, 97159 Pointe à Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 96:194-8. 2010..Neither microsurgery nor cancellous bone graft was required. Using a spacer to induce a membrane facilitated bone transport and distal consolidation...
- [Multilevel contiguous injuries of the lower cervical spine during flexion trauma with delayed diagnosis: a case report]A P Uzel
Service d Orthopédie et de Traumatologie, CHRU de Pointe à Pitre, route de Chauvel, 97159 Pointe à Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe
Neurochirurgie 55:585-8. 2009..MRI can provide an exhaust if diagnosis of possible multilevel injuries. After fixation of the obvious lesion, intraoperative dynamic fluoroscopy must be performed to demonstrate any instability in another area...
- Dorsal trans-scaphoid perilunate dislocation in a 9-year-old childR Massicot
Service de Chirurgie Pediatrique, CHU de Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, France
Eur J Pediatr Surg 15:140-3. 2005..The authors discuss the mechanism of production and the therapeutic strategy...