Affiliation: UFR SMBH
- Heparin and non-heparin-like dextrans differentially modulate endothelial cell proliferation: in vitro evaluation with soluble and crosslinked polysaccharide matricesDidier Letourneur
INVIMAT, X Bichat Medical School, 75018 Paris, France
J Biomed Mater Res 60:94-100. 2002..From the obtained results, we propose that the synthetic non-heparin-like dextran may be of interest as a coating for the endothelialization of cardiovascular biomaterials...
- A chemically modified dextran inhibits smooth muscle cell growth in vitro and intimal in stent hyperplasia in vivoJean François Deux
INSERM ERIT M 204, X Bichat Medical School, Bat INSERM 13, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
J Vasc Surg 35:973-81. 2002..We have investigated the capacity of a water-soluble nonanticoagulant functionalized dextran (E9) in inhibition of SMC growth in vitro and in vivo...
- Films of dextran-graft-polybutylmethacrylate to enhance endothelialization of materialsSidi Mohamed Derkaoui
INSERM, U698, Bio ingénierie de Polymères Cardiovasculaires, CHU X Bichat, Université Paris Cité Paris Diderot, 75018 Paris, France
Acta Biomater 6:3506-13. 2010..Therefore, a potential benefit of this approach is the availability of surfaces with tunable properties for the endothelialization of materials...
- Influence of polysaccharide composition on the biocompatibility of pullulan/dextran-based hydrogelsAicha Abed
INSERM, U 698, CHU Xavier Bichat, Bât Inserm, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
J Biomed Mater Res A 96:535-42. 2011..This in vitro and in vivo data can be used in the design of hydrogels appropriate for tissue engineering applications...
- A new macromolecular paramagnetic MR contrast agent binds to activated human plateletsFrederic Chaubet
INSERM, U698, Cardiovascular Bio engineering, CHU X Bichat, University Paris 7, Paris, France
Contrast Media Mol Imaging 2:178-88. 2007....
- Low molecular weight fucoidan increases VEGF165-induced endothelial cell migration by enhancing VEGF165 binding to VEGFR-2 and NRP1Andrew C Lake
INSERM, U 698, Bioengineering Department, X Bichat Hospital, 75018 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 281:37844-52. 2006..These findings suggested an efficient mechanism of action of LMWF by promoting VEGF(165) binding to VEGFR-2 and NRP1 on ECs that could help in stimulating therapeutic revascularization...
- Heparin-like polymers modulate proinflammatory cytokine production by lipopolysaccharide-stimulated human monocytesSylvie Anastase-Ravion
LRM, Institut Galilee, University Paris 13, 93430 Villetaneuse, France
J Biomed Mater Res 60:375-83. 2002..Indeed, such polysaccharides, by regulating monocyte activation, could contribute to the improved biocompatibility of implants...
- A biocompatible polysaccharide hydrogel-embedded polypropylene mesh for enhanced tissue integration in ratsAicha Abed
INSERM U 698, CHU Xavier Bichat, Bât Inserm, Paris, France
Tissue Eng Part A 14:519-27. 2008..Thus, this new synthetic biocompatible HM with suitable properties for tissue repair appears to be a promising material for clinical applications...
- Aortic aneurysms in a rat model: in vivo MR imaging of endovascular cell therapyJean François Deux
INSERM U 698, Bioengineering Department, University Paris 7 University Paris 13, X Bichat Hospital, Paris, France
Radiology 246:185-92. 2008..To prospectively evaluate in rats whether magnetic cell labeling can be used to noninvasively assess the technical success of endovascular cell therapy for abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAAs)...
- Inhibition of MMP-2 gene expression with small interfering RNA in rabbit vascular smooth muscle cellsHanna Hlawaty
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U698, Universite Paris 7, F75018 Paris, France
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H3593-601. 2007....
- Tubular cationized pullulan hydrogels as local reservoirs for plasmid DNAAurélie San Juan
INSERM, U698, Bio ingénierie Cardiovasculaire, Universite Paris 7, Paris, F 75018, Institut Galilee, Universite Paris 13, Villetaneuse, F 93430, France
J Biomed Mater Res A 83:819-27. 2007..Hence, cationized pullulan hydrogels can be designed as tubular structures with high affinity for plasmid DNA, which may provide new biomaterials to enhance the efficiency of local arterial gene transfer strategies...
- Quaternized poly(4-vinylpyridine)s as model gene delivery polycations: structure-function study by modification of side chain hydrophobicity and degree of alkylationAurélie San Juan
INSERM, U698, Department of Bioengineering, X Bichat Hospital, University Paris 7, Paris, F 75018, France
Bioconjug Chem 18:922-8. 2007..The data demonstrate the advantages of partial alkylation of tertiary polyamines with medium-length alkyl agents for preparation of efficient nonviral gene delivery vectors...
- Human endothelial progenitor cell attachment to polysaccharide-based hydrogels: a pre-requisite for vascular tissue engineeringNoélie Brunehilde Thébaud
INSERM, U577, Bordeaux, F 33076 France
J Mater Sci Mater Med 18:339-45. 2007..This pullulan-based hydrogel could constitute a suitable support for vascular cell adhesion as a pre-requisite for vascular tissue engineering...
- Pullulan-based hydrogel for smooth muscle cell cultureAude Autissier
INSERM U698, Bio ingénierie Cardiovasculaire, CHU X Bichat, Paris, F 75018, France
J Biomed Mater Res A 82:336-42. 2007..Based on these promising results, future studies will focus on the seeding of vascular cells on tubular-shaped hydrogels and the in vivo implantation of these new biomaterials...
- Low molecular weight fucoidan prevents neointimal hyperplasia in rabbit iliac artery in-stent restenosis modelJean François Deux
ERIT M 0204 INSERM, X Bichat Hospital, University Paris VII, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:1604-9. 2002..We studied a low molecular weight (LMW) fucoidan (sulfated polysaccharide from brown seaweed) on SMC proliferation in vitro and intimal hyperplasia in vivo...
- The evaluation of a small-diameter polysaccharide-based arterial graft in ratsMarc Chaouat
INSERM, U698, Bio ingénierie Cardiovasculaire, CHU Xavier Bichat, Bât Inserm, 46 rue Henri Huchard, F 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
Biomaterials 27:5546-53. 2006..In conclusion, we described a 2mm polysaccharide-based arterial material being investigated in vivo and demonstrating patency for up to 8 weeks post-surgery with neointima formation and absence of intimal hyperplasia...
- Modulation of protease nexin-1 activity by polysaccharidesBenjamin Richard
INSERM U698, CHU Xavier Bichat, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris, France
Thromb Haemost 95:229-35. 2006..The capacity of PN-1 to regulate the pericellular activity of thrombin amongst other proteases reinforces the therapeutical interest of fucoidans...
- Fucoidan a sulfated polysaccharide from brown algae is a potent modulator of connective tissue proteolysisKarim Senni
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Chirurgie Dentaire, EA2496 Réparations et Remodelages Oro faciaux, Montrouge, France
Arch Biochem Biophys 445:56-64. 2006..These results suggested that fucoidan could be used for treating some inflammatory pathologies in which uncontrolled extracellular matrix degradation takes place...
- Ferumoxtran-10-enhanced MRI of the hypercholesterolemic rabbit aorta: relationship between signal loss and macrophage infiltrationFabien Hyafil
INSERM U698, Hopital Bichat, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:176-81. 2006..We evaluated the ability of ferumoxtran-10-enhanced MRI to quantify focal macrophage infiltration in the aortic wall of hypercholesterolemic rabbits...
- Interactions of heparin with human skin cells: binding, location, and transdermal penetrationClaire Parisel
INSERM ERIT M 0204, X Bichat Hospital, University Paris VII and University Paris XIII, 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
J Biomed Mater Res A 67:517-23. 2003..Altogether, our results describe the affinity of heparin for human skin cells and suggest it may be an excellent candidate for use in the skin delivery of drugs or cosmetics and also as an active component in engineered skin...
- Heparin inhibits lipopolysaccharide (LPS) binding to leukocytes and LPS-induced cytokine productionSylvie Anastase-Ravion
INSERM ERIT M 0204, X Bichat Hospital, Bat INSERM 13, Universities Paris VII and XIII, 46 Rue H Huchard, 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
J Biomed Mater Res A 66:376-84. 2003..heparin inhibits the binding of LPS to cells via a CD14-independent pathway. This study suggests a potentially important therapeutic application for heparin or heparin analogs to prevent inflammation with biomaterials...
- Low-molecular-weight fucoidan promotes therapeutic revascularization in a rat model of critical hindlimb ischemiaCharles Edouard Luyt
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U460, CHU X Bichat, Paris, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 305:24-30. 2003..001). Thus, LMW fucoidan potentiates FGF-2 activity, mobilizes SDF-1, and facilitates angiogenesis in a rat model. This natural compound could be of interest as an alternative for conventional treatment in critical ischemia...